It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Actually Cares

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Hello all, this is my First thread on ATS so bare with me. My friend and I had a conversation last night about how the media, television and advertisements keep the american people "blinded" to what is really going on in our government. Through the media the government can keep its people lazy and inactive both in their normal lives and in a political sence.

So what i wanted to do was take a poll, tho i have a strong feeling a poll on ATS may have different results then if i were to take a poll say out on the streets. So, who actually cares about whats REALLY going on in our government and on the planet? And do you think that a Large Majority of our country WOULDN'T care about what's going on behind closed because theyre so brainwashed by the media?

I for one still care and am still seeking for answers as to what is really going on but i feel as if this desire to know and ask questions is fading.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
As I'm not American, I can't say what it's like over there, but I'm guessing it's pretty much the same in Britain.

As I see it, no, the majority of people don't care what's going on in government or the rest of the world. They have long ago decided that they would rather go and get wasted every Friday than to know what new law will change their lives, they would prefer to watch Big Brother than to watch videos from the Moon.

An example that I noticed a few weeks ago was that of a footballer, David Beckham, announced that he was moving from one team to another, this story was the main headline for a few days. At the same time, a ship was out of control and peoples lives were in danger. What got the bigger story? The bloody footballer.

But, I'm going to stop before I start to rant. Which.......by the looks of it, has already started.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Being from the UK to and not US aswell, but I have my own perspective, how come every murder, every child that goes missing, every rapist, every peidofile makes the news, it should be dealt in the police station and courts unless its something major like with Shipman killing over 200+. People are scared stiff to go out alone these days, kids can't go to the parks anymore and end up inside watching TV listening to more propaganda and scare tactics. Its crazy the mind set of some people baffles me when it comes to ignorance. I know people who are now scared of people who "look" muslim. It doesn't bode well for the future!

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by estar
Being from the UK to and not US aswell, but I have my own perspective, how come every murder, every child that goes missing, every rapist, every peidofile makes the news, it should be dealt in the police station and courts unless its something major like with Shipman killing over 200+. People are scared stiff to go out alone these days, kids can't go to the parks anymore and end up inside watching TV listening to more propaganda and scare tactics. Its crazy the mind set of some people baffles me when it comes to ignorance. I know people who are now scared of people who "look" muslim. It doesn't bode well for the future!

i agree with this 100%, the news only shows us the murders, rapes, shootings, one horrible thing after another after another after another until people think its goin on in their own neighborhoods

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by biotic
one horrible thing after another after another after another until people think its goin on in their own neighborhoods
*emphasis mine

Yet, more and more, it is.
no?

Personally, I think this topic fits well within the "General Conspiracies" forum.

Specifically, the personal inspiration for seeking a tally as to Who Actually Cares.
To include the why(s) and what for(s) behind such, or, perhaps and more importantly, the seeming lack thereof.

I'm American, south-central PA ... if it matters, and I often encounter much of which the OP alludes to throughout my daily travels and /or social interactions. The mention of most anything outside that which has been performed on the Morning /Evening newzzz, or piped thru the tube [news wise], is, more often than not, met with the proverbial deer in the headlights look. Odd, that.!?

Interestingly enough, at least from personal experience, this type of response, or, again, lack thereof, is not limited to Any one social status, group, class, etc. On the whole, it actually seems to have gained permeative traction amidst the entirety of our society.

In my opinion, many are too busy running their lives to raise their or others individual awareness, interest, and /or their own offspring.

Not a pretty picture, and unfortunately one that seems to be gaining in clarity and focus.

Just my $ .02

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
great post, thanks for taking the time to respond in my thread

"In my opinion, many are too busy running their lives to raise their or others individual awareness, interest, and /or their own offspring.

Not a pretty picture, and unfortunately one that seems to be gaining in clarity and focus.

Just my $ .02"

very good 2 cents i must say, thank you

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
...An example that I noticed a few weeks ago was that of a footballer, David Beckham, announced that he was moving from one team to another, this story was the main headline for a few days. At the same time, a ship was out of control and peoples lives were in danger. What got the bigger story? The bloody footballer....

That's because he signed a contract that will pay him $250 million to play a sport that no one in the U.S. watches. Now THAT'S newsworthy!

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Hate to say, but thanks to media i don't think the average westener cares about what we have to say.

We can show them as much evidence as we like and rant till we are blue in the face, but the fact is that the vast majority of people are conditioned to accept the 'official story' behind things and to label any alternative a crackpot conspiracy theory.

Such is life.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by biotic

"In my opinion, many are too busy running their lives to raise their or others individual awareness, interest, and /or their own offspring.

So it seems, There have been quite a few shootings the past week or so around london.
There is alot of talk about where people are going rong, possibly the fact they dont eat togeather as a family ect...
I think children should stay in playschool longer, to teach them good qualities at a young age, then that will follow through the rest of life.
As for caring, I would definatly care, Britain in the whole most likely would, if they knew somthling big was going on behind closed doors.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
but everything is there for them to know that something is going on behind closed doors, the information is there if the people want to find it.

thats just it tho, they dont want to find it

by no means am i blaiming the 'people' for this, more so the media and the ruling powers that be. people, for some reason, would rather live an ignorant, sheep-like lifestyle then know they are being taken advantage of.. and i can't blame them

hell, i'm not even sure why i care so much about what happens behind closed doors anymore

i just hope that its only a matter of time before people start saying "hey, what's really going on here" or "hey, how is THIS guy the president of MY country"

[edit on 16-2-2007 by biotic]

new topics

top topics

join