It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad Approval Rating On The Decline

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

This is assuming that the Chinese gov't cares for the common person.

You are thinking in western terms.

You could be right. Maybe the chinese do feel like that old commercial, except it would be "kill all you want, we'll just make more".

Still, every modern nation needs skilled people to run it's industry. I guess china, just like the U.S., would sit up and take notice when those people started to be affected. Peasants be damned.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
This what is going to happen.

The congress is going to put a hold on Bush war happy path . . .

Then Saudi Arabia is going to make a nice phone call to Bush and is going to tell them to stop Israel war happy path against Iran or else . . .

Meaning they will play evil advocate in Iraq and will fund the Sunnis so they can start taking care of the Shiites and put the Iraqi government in a very bad situation worst that is already in.

That is my prediction. Iran is not threat and they will not be invaded.

[edit on 17-1-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1
The public in both the US and Iran are more interested in domestic issues, however this fact escapes both of these presidents. It appears that the citizens of the US have in much common with the citizens of Iran.

I believe this is a record for ATS. Usually it takes at least one response post before a thread turns into a Bush-bashing festival. But I don't think I've ever seen it in an OP.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Originally posted by df1
The public in both the US and Iran are more interested in domestic issues, however this fact escapes both of these presidents. It appears that the citizens of the US have in much common with the citizens of Iran.

I believe this is a record for ATS. Usually it takes at least one response post before a thread turns into a Bush-bashing festival. But I don't think I've ever seen it in an OP.

Sorry for the off topic folks but damn, can you give this One Trick Pony a rest? It's getting VERY tiring. Is that a "canned response"? df1 was addressing the issue and pointing to a comparison.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
This what is going to happen.

The congress is going to put a hold on Bush war happy path . . .

Doesn't Bush have a 60 day window in which he can still attack anyone without any type of approval? By the time 60 days were to be up we could already be embroiled in a war and they'd have no choice but to approve.

Pie

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

The adult has tried ignoring him and then tried warning him to desist.

So you call Bush an adult? HAHAHAHA. Bush an adult?
Really funny. Bush who wants victory in Iraq because it would be bad for his ego... Bush who wants to beat his father into invadind Iraq... Ahmanedijad, Bush and their little friend Netanyahou should go burn in hell together.

[edit on 17-1-2007 by Vitchilo]

Failure in Iraq would have a lot more consequences than just Bush's ego. It would not only be bad for America, but the entire region.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1

Of course the public is interested in domestic issues, but how many times in the past has the "public" also been interested only in peace and "domestic issues" meanwhile madmen like Hitler were trying to take over the world?

I wonder what will happen to "domestic issues" if the Iranian president was thinking about paving the way for the 12th Imam by bringing chaos to the world, and was taking steps to assure chaos does happen....

I also wonder what would happen to "domestic issues" if for example the Iranian president was very friendly with a recently self proclaimed Communist dictator whose main goal is the destruction of Capitalism and bringing down the United States among some other nations....

Humm....i wonder what will happen to "domestic issues" if any of the above were happening...

Would the public realize the threat, or would they once again think nothing of it until it is too late like has happened so many times in the past?...

[edit on 17-1-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Maybe Bush and Ahmadinejad can be impeach and go play wargames together? And let the people in peace? Why people who have lost the sense of reality are in power?

You mean perhaps people like the warlords in Africa being in power?....

How about Islamic extremists trying to take control of the world?....

Perhaps you can change their minds, alongside some other people that are trying to spread violent revolutions.... Maybe you should be sending them flowers and see if all these people change overnight and want to live in peace and harmony...

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Sorry for the off topic folks but damn, can you give this One Trick Pony a rest? It's getting VERY tiring. Is that a "canned response"? df1 was addressing the issue and pointing to a comparison.

You are right about one thing, it is getting tiresome that everytime someone has an itch, when something bad happens, or when some dictator or madman around the world wants to attack the west or opresses his/her own citizens some members want to immediately put the blame on the United States one way or the other...

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   
C'mon u guys must be kiding me...China is only where it's at because of the help of the US.

Where do you think most things are made? In China right? And Y? Because it's cheap. Who owns them? US capitalists. Why? Because it's much cheaper to start a business in China and export them to America. Why? Cheap labor helloooooo...

Now, say China drops the US. oOOOooO scary...Not! Why? Because the business will return back to the US like it did in the early 1900s. Bam...! More jobs, better pay, and less cheap foreign competition. More benefit the US economy.

As for China? Less investors from the US will invest in business in China. THus, economic suicide. WHo will China sell all those cheap imitation products to. Certainly not Iran. Considering the fact that Iran is not materialistic as the American people or consume as much as the US economy.

Bottom line...China and Russia will not..I repeat will not want to go to war w/ the US and the US will not go to war with them. It's just too costly.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by df1

I think Muaddib sums it up:

Originally posted by Muaddib
You are right about one thing, it is getting tiresome that everytime someone has an itch, when something bad happens, or when some dictator or madman around the world wants to attack the west or opresses his/her own citizens some members want to immediately put the blame on the United States one way or the other...

This is the point I was making. That is the one-trick pony that runs amuck on ATS, intrepid. I know you may not like it, but it needs to be exposed for what it is: a Pavlovian reponse of Bush-bashing.

df1 made a point; there was no need for a subsequent comparison to Bush. Why not just separately examine Ahmadinejad's falling approval rating among the Iranians?

Please be objective in your criticism. If only one side is allowed to voice their opinions, ATS will soon gain a reputation as a left-wing fanatic site.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Mauddib, and Jsobecky have valid points about the seeming instant response mechanism some here seem to have. Blame America, more specifically Mr. Bush, for all the evils in the world.

This thread was about Iran's President and his numbers, not Mr. Bush. It does get somewhat tiresome, and I'm not one of Mr. Bush's biggest fans.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
iran's president, ahmadeintheshade(?), has been like the little kid trying to provoke an adult for fun. The adult has tried ignoring him and then tried warning him to desist. But no, the little kid just keeps it up. Now, the adult may have decided to smack the little kid to get him to stop. If this was just people, it would be time for the little kid to try and run away.

Too bad, so sad for iran, but countries have nowhere to run and nowhere to hide.

Are you suggesting George Bush is an adult?
ROFLMAO

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
President Ahmadinejad was never popular in Iran in the first place. The people there frustrated with their own version of top-heavy unresponsive government, there was a small turn out on election day.

Mr Ahmadinejad winning more by default on account of the other leader being liked even less, than by any kind of popular landslide.

[edit on 18-1-2007 by clearwater]

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
There was an extensive article on NPR yesterday about this very subject. It was quite interesting.

www.npr.org...

The gist of it is that the right and the not so right in Iran are upset with him for a variety of reasons, not just economic. Check it out.

df1

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   

there was no need for a subsequent comparison to Bush. Why not just separately examine Ahmadinejad's falling approval rating among the Iranians?

We have two opposing leaders each with declining public support of their foreign policy, each ignoring domestic economic issues and each taunting the other to the point that they are on the brink of war with each other. Not discussing these comparisons would be ignoring the elephant in the middle of the room and it would be intellectually dishonest.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
That approval means litte to nothing considering Ahmadinejad is just a talking head or PR frontman with no real power and more likely disinfo to stall for time aka "giving the dog a bone".

Ahmadinejad be damned Asia Times

Iran enjoys good political relations with the majority of countries around the world - especially in the South. The glaring exceptions are the US and Israel. Iran is not a backward, repressive regime like Saudi Arabia. The talk in Tehran is that the Supreme Leader and professional diplomats have concluded that the best course of action for Iran is to ride the tempest of provocations - sanctions, illegal raids on consulates, US intelligence infiltrating sensitive Khuzestan province, encirclement by nuclear-equipped aircraft carriers, propaganda over Iranian "networks" killing Americans in Iraq - while advancing Iran's interests in Lebanon, Central Asia, China, Russia and South America.

Washington might need to start manufacturing another "new Hitler".

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

When we see that Iran is just a proxy battleground between Asia, Russia and the West, then we shall see the motives behind WWIII or bust.

Two Faces of an Emerging Energo-fascism (Part 2) Znet
Moscow, Beijing eye space weapons WaTimes

[edit on 18-1-2007 by Regenmacher]

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I am more afraid of The man in the white house and his agenda for the middle east and Israel hold on our government that I do about Iran and his Ahmadabad figure head.

But that is something that I will not elaborate in this thread because obviously many are getting tired of the truth been heard about Bush agenda over and over so I plenty of threads that tells it the way it is.

For the listening ears occurs.

And occurs is a good link between the two figure heads, Iran and US they are on their own littler world disregarding the voices of the population, but Parliament holds more power on the prime minister that obviously congress does on The man in the white house.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
And occurs is a good link between the two figure heads, Iran and US they are on their own littler world disregarding the voices of the population...

Expressing discontent and airing caution prevents people from bording the dumbass train that always ends in a big wreck. So I would expect backlash from its passengers, who are programmed to believe destruction is good. The leaders don't want you clueing in folks about their population reduction plans through acts of war either. So can we prevent mass suicide or just let them have at it?

Nuclear Armageddon? The Rapture Cult, Path of Death

[edit on 18-1-2007 by Regenmacher]

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   

This is the point I was making. That is the one-trick pony that runs amuck on ATS, intrepid. I know you may not like it, but it needs to be exposed for what it is: a Pavlovian reponse of Bush-bashing.

df1 made a point; there was no need for a subsequent comparison to Bush. Why not just separately examine Ahmadinejad's falling approval rating among the Iranians?

Please be objective in your criticism. If only one side is allowed to voice their opinions, ATS will soon gain a reputation as a left-wing fanatic site.

Excellent point jsobecky and the others that made it. Can there ever be a thread on ATS - about iran, ufo's, angels, or anything else - where the bush-bashers don't throw his name and blame into it? That truly is the "one trick pony" here and it has been that way for several years now.

Whether the presisent of iran is bad or good, it is because of what the president of iran does and says, and no one else. You all want to write about Bush, then go to one of the (thousands of?) Bush threads and type away, or start your own.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join