It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG The Diamond Age Miniseries coming to SciFi!?!?!?!111!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   

www.scifi.com...
SCI FI Channel unveiled a new slate of programs in development, which includes shows from executive producers George Clooney, Darren Star and Mark Burnett. SCI FI made the announcement Jan. 12 at the Television Critics Association's winter press tour in Pasadena, Calif.

Diamond Age, based on Neal Stephenson's best-selling novel The Diamond Age: Or a Young Lady's Illustrated Primer, is a six-hour miniseries from Clooney and fellow executive producer Grant Heslov of Smokehouse Productions.

Gaggagaaaagagagag. :drool: Me want now.

As you can tell I am a little bit excited about this piece of news. This is my second favorite book in the SciFi genre only topped by Snow Crash,(which just so happens to be set 50ish years before the Diamond Age). I really really hope this is good and doesn't suck, though one thing I have to wonder, how the hell are they gonna fit the entire novel into 6 hours?!
I guess the first two episodes will be about Nell growing up and the third will be the retreat from Pudong.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Wow. So no one cares about neil stephonson? I could've sworn there were at least a couple of fans..

new topics

join