It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chav-tastic TV, complaints hit record levels over celebrity 'Big Brother'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ubermunche
Who said I blame it ALL on 1960’s liberalism.

- My bad then um, perhaps my keyboard got away from me a bit there!

I’ve already said I think the liberal ideals of the 60’s were laudable, it enables me to live my life as a gay man openly so I‘m hardly opposed to it, ambivalent sometimes though. For the same reason I certainly have little truck with the hardcore values of the Thatcherites with their clause 28 and I’m all right Jack callous disregard for those less fortunate.
I do though see that both have their advantages and disadvantages but when both are applied too rigorously without a nod to common sense and balancing social needs against ideologies the link to the prevailing problems we face today, at least to me, are obvious.

- Good God, not another example of us being in broad agreement!?

This has got to stop um.

Originally posted by boyg2004
My point is that politicians should not have to intervene in everything that happens on TV.

- I don't think they do though.

I do think the international aspects of this one (particularly at a time when Gordon Brown happened to be in India at the same time) made this one ripe for such events to take place.

If there is a problem with racism on a TV show, let the police investigate it, not the politicians.

- Generally I'd agree but like I said this one has some ill-timed, unexpected and unusual aspects to it.

I doubt we'd be talking about Police intervention in 999 cases out of 1000 (a tabloid squall and a public talking to of some kind, perhaps) but obviously this one had some added ingredients that took it well beyond that.

[edit on 21-1-2007 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Do you think it was inadvertedly engineered to show Gordon Brown in a bad light? Opportunism in its rawest form?

That's the old conspiracy head coming on again...

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Only jokin. It was too much of a coincidence to be a conspiracy.

[edit on 21-1-2007 by boyg2004]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join