It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Males who cry on 'American Idol' are a disgrace to their gender!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I'm so tired of seeing those little nancy boys crying after getting turned away. Like that kid towards the end of the show last night (1/16/07) who said he was in a band and he sang just like every other crappy lead singer in every other crappy band nowadays. He thought he sounded cool but he really sounded like shat. Simon even gave the little crybaby another chance by having him sing an ABBA song and he sang it in the same voice. Then the little crybaby said he could sing Barry Manilow and he starts singing Copa Cabana in the same angry, aingst ridden voice he sang the other two songs in. The kid was a complete retard. He then proceeded to cry like Nancy Kerrigan after she got whacked in the knees about his failure as an American Idol contestant.

Go back to your wannabe band with your wannabe voice you little wussy!!!

Peace

[edit on 17-1-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I'll have to take your word for it. Personally, I'm way too much of a mesomorphic manly male to even watch any kind of chick show like "American Idol".

Unless my wife makes me.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Yeahright, I wish I had the video of that one part of the show. It's really hard to put into words how pathetic it was.

BTW, I could say that my g/f makes me watch it, but truth is I love watching the auditions. The end of the season when the finalists are all picked I don't really watch though.

Peace

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I won't say I've never seen the show, but it ain't my cuppa tea (metaphorically speaking). The early episodes are like a train wreck. I still have nightmares about that William Hung guy. Definitely some cringe producing moments on that show.

Then the later ones when they get serious are just boring. At least to me, since the music isn't my deal. I can't stand listening to some singer take a one-syllable word and turn it into 27 syllables, each with its own note. And to my ear, none of the 27 notes are the correct one, anyway.

I'd rather watch the Amish rake fights on ESPN-12.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Man, is that show still on?

Oh, right Network TV. American Idle

The only thing I watch on Network TV these days is "Late Night with Conan". Saturday Night Live too. Not because SNL is funny, but because sometime in the next few years it MIGHT be funny, and I want to say that I saw it, and laughed.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
well, consider the age of the ones who are crying... most are under 18.

They get thier feelings hurt, they have not experienced "life" and the dissapointments yet.

On the other hand, the kid at the end, the one you're talking about, I like to think that he's just so passionate about singing and "making it", that he just became so emotional.

I also think that his singing was terrible.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
They're probably missing out on a great PPV opportunity. Every guy who cries on that show ought to have to immediately get in The Octagon with Butterbean for some no-holds-barred brawling action.

NOW you got a show.

[Edit for typos]

[edit on 1/17/2007 by yeahright]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Males who think that crying in public is a disgrace are themselves a disgrace to the species.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
No one said crying in public was a disgrace. He said crying on American Idol was a disgrace. If you cry at a funeral in public, that's acceptable. Crying on tv because that Simon doof was mean to you means you're a candy ass.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I don't think they're a disgrace to their gender, they're just young. Singing in front of people is hard enough. It takes guts. It's a vulnerable position. Then to have Simon SLAM you after putting your heart out there must be pretty tough.

I heart American Idol!

But yeah, Doc, that guy suck-diddley-ucked!

[edit on 17-1-2007 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
i didn't bother reading the original post but:

men aren't supposed to cry???

who says this???

i agree that men on 'american idol' crying is pretty sad, but crying men in general is perfectly normal...

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
i didn't bother reading the original post but:

And yet you replied? That ought to be against some rule. :shk:

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
And yet you replied? That ought to be against some rule. :shk:

i didn't have to, as i watched 'american idol' (well, some of it)...

besides i have read it now and my point remains...

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Anyone that goes on this show knows full well in advance that they are taking a chance of having themselves look like a complete "no talent" in front of millions of people. We've all seen how blunt and vicious the 3 judges can be at times. Unfortunately, there are many "no talents" that think they are a talent and find they are wrong when they audition in front of the whole country. They are taking a risk. If you break down after harsh criticism, all I can say is that's life. It can be harsh.

There have been times when I've watched this show in the past and thought.....this show is evil and heartless. It's successs mostly lies (at least in the beginning) in seeing others fail and fall flat on their faces. This is why alot of people like this show. The William Hung's of the world are entertaining. We love slowing down to see a car wreck.....

Crying? Well, this is how some people handle rejection poorly, and I guess being in front of a camera and millions of TV viewers doesn't hamper one's emotion...obviously. Some people are humble and some people are just sore losers. The person you mentioned was a sore loser. Chin up!

[edit on 17-1-2007 by rocknroll]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
There are plenty of good reasons to cry, but this isn't one of them.

I agree with the OP, these kids are a disgrace to the gender. Suck it up and be a man, or go the full nine and defenestrate your dangly bits. Who knows, someone walking down the street near the 'landing zone' might have more use for your manhood than you do.

:shk:

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Another manly man who doesn't believe in showing his feelings? So tough!

Aside from the fact that there's nothing wrong with males crying, I have to agree - if you take part in American Idol you should know in advance that your chances of winning are next to nothing. (I think your chances of winning the lottery are bigger?) So they really shouldn't put all their hopes and dreams into it - because they WILL be disappointed. I don't cry every time I don't win the lottery or life hands me a lemon. As said above - suck it up. Doesn't really matter if you're a boy or a girl...!

(On a side note - I'll cry if I have to suffer through yet another Idols series just to see the final winner disappear into nothingness...)

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
Aside from the fact that there's nothing wrong with males crying, I have to agree - if you take part in American Idol you should know in advance that your chances of winning are next to nothing. (I think your chances of winning the lottery are bigger?) So they really shouldn't put all their hopes and dreams into it -

It doesn't help these "kids" either, when the parents, BF/GF, co-workers are telling them they're good enough to go on the show...

I can't sing... didn't know it until my wife told me..... :shk:

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
i don't watch this crap..but i think it's safe to say that a majority of those fools that get on this show have to be paid in some kinda way cause there's just no way in h-word that they really think they can sing.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
i think anyone who goes on american idol is a shallow human-being.

so what if you win your still just a tool.

and yes crying over this is shameful.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordInfamous
..but i think it's safe to say that a majority of those fools that get on this show have to be paid in some kinda way..

I don't think they are, but granted, the second they are accepted- even if they get booted off- they will have a record deal
Even if its not with the show's creators.
Thankfully, they sucked enough you'd still never hear about em again
hehe

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join