It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Dies After Holding Wee For A Wii Radio Contest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I wasn't exactly sure where to post this one but I thought it might be good to start it here. Apparently a women died from drinking to much water in a water drinking contest. I didn't think it was possible, but after a bit of research on the net, it sure is.

Women Dies from Drinking to Much Water

Woman Dies After Holding Wee For A Wii Radio Contest

A popular Sacramento morning radio team has been silenced while the station looks into the death of a mother of three.

Sacramento, CA -- A popular Sacramento morning radio team has been silenced while the station looks into the death of a mother of three.

The "Morning Rave" radio show on KDND 107.9 "The End" will be off the air indefinitely according to the station's general manager.

Jennifer Strange, 28, was found dead in her Rancho Cordova home Friday. A preliminary coroner's report indicated Strange's death was consistent with a water intoxication death.

Strange had taken part in a contest at 107.9 titled "Hold Your Wee for a Nintendo Wii." The radio station posted the following message from Vice President and General Manager John Geary on its Web site Monday night:

What happens when you drink to much Water

Water Intoxication

Too much of a good thing can be bad for you ... watch your water intake

We’ve been told for years that we have to drink eight glasses of water every day. Most of us struggle to get through that much. But did you know you can drink too much water? What actually happens when a person drinks too much water is it lowers the concentration of sodium in the blood. This causes the brain to swell, which can lead to a feeling of lethargy, unconsciousness even a coma or death.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Thanks for the post, Realtruth, but there is an existing thread on this topic.

Medical Issues:
Woman dies from drinking too much water.

Please add further comment to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you.

Closing ...

join