It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran is ready- but says strike on nuclear sites unlikely

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
From Yahoo News

TEHRAN (AFP) -

Iran believes a military strike against its nuclear installations is highly improbable but has nonetheless taken the necessary precautions in case it is attacked, top officials have said.

"We think that it is highly improbable that our nuclear sites would be bombed but we have taken the necessary precautions even for this," said Mohammad Saeedi, vice president of Iran's atomic energy organisation, according to the ISNA agency.

The United States and Israel, Iran's two arch-enemies, have never ruled out military action against the Islamic republic to thwart its nuclear programme, which they allege is aimed at making an atomic weapon.

Saeedi did not specify Wednesday what the precautions have involved.

Iran is living in the same dream world as the Bush administration. And soon they may be seeing each other in their nightmares.

With every day that passes with Iran's nuclear issues unresolved, the probability of an attack on Iran is growing, not diminishing. And Iranian involvement in Iraq is not helping matters, at all. They had better wake up from their fantasy world and realize that the substantial US force in the Gulf means business.

Their precautions to prepare are likely referring, in part, to the acquisition of Russian TOR-M1 and S-300 systems, which present a formidable defense againt both aircraft and cruise missiles. And they mean business too, since for some time they have been shooting down US UAV spy drones.

Edit to add:
In support of this story-

Iran president says Israel would not dare attack

MADRID (Reuters) -

Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad believes neither Israel nor the United States would dare attack the Islamic Republic over its nuclear program, a Spanish newspaper quoted him on Wednesday as saying.

The Iranian president was responding to a question about an article in Britain's Sunday Times on January 7 that said Israel had secret plans to destroy Iran's uranium enrichment facilities with tactical nuclear weapons.

"They well know the power of the Iranian people. I don't think they would ever dare to attack us, neither them nor their masters. They won't do such a stupid thing," Ahmadinejad told El Mundo during a visit to Nicaragua, referring to Israel.

Yep, and no one believed the US would dare attack Iraq, either. Such a stupid thing...

[edit on 17-1-2007 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Yep, and no one believed the US would dare attack Iraq, either. Such a stupid thing...

I remember back late 2002 or early 2003 before we attacked Iraq. I that heard people sayin 'USA wont dare to attack", "we just do what we did with Cuba back in the 1960's" or "The UN will figure this out a peaceful way". Well, look at us now.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Files

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

I remember back late 2002 or early 2003 before we attacked Iraq. I that heard people sayin 'USA wont dare to attack", "we just do what we did with Cuba back in the 1960's" or "The UN will figure this out a peaceful way". Well, look at us now.

"Well, look at us now". We have gotten thousands of USGIs killed, we have killed an estimated 650,000 Iraqi people, we illegally attacked and occupied two countries that did nothing to us, nor did they have the capability, and labelled a few others as evil, tyrannical, etc. We have also peppered the Iraq/afghan landscape with our nuclear waste and contaminated it forever as far as any of us can see. We've broken all the rules. We've destroyed everything, and let's not forget the lives of thousands of New Yorkers on top of it which we used to start this whole charade.

"Well, look at us now", we have succeeded in becoming everything that Good old GW called these other countries. Yet we're the only ones who the accusations can be pinned to with hard proof, not them. We've isolated ourselves from the rest of the world, and tarnished our image. And lastly we've served israel's absolutely ridiculous interests being totally illegal in their entire existence. (anti-semitic my ***)

And you know, frankly, it really makes me feel a lot safer knowing half the world could all be collaborating to destroy us right now, and that all of those fictional terrorists might be real one day, while we're all busy yapping on cellphones, watching DVDs and driving our gas guzzling SUV's at 2.50 a gallon like a bunch of ignorant suckers anyway. "well look at us now"

That's some great work if I say so myself. "yep, just look at us now!"

And yes, "True American" You are totally correct that no one thought we'd actually attack Iraq, simply because they thought that being the leaders of the "free world" that we might actually for once approach something diplomatically instead of illegally like the savage "terrurists" all over the place ready to pounce on us, or possibly mind our own damned business altogether?

Then maybe the "Well, look at us now" that gave me a good giggle would emphasize something positive.

[edit on 17-1-2007 by Critical_Mass]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Well critical-mass since our country is so bad to everyone and is such a problem in the world then do us all here a favor and go live someplace else. We dont need you or your terrible opinion in our country.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
We have crossed the line and it is too late to come back. In introspection I believe the United States is into the twilight zone and has to implement diplomatic procedure before Iran is justified the sacrifice every resource it has to hurt us.

We as a country have lost value and the indecent travesties we've caused have as stated earlier "pinned" us alone in a corner and caused isolationism amongst the world. I love this country and I am honored I was born here yet I do understand that the War in Iraq was to disarm Suddam and his militants for present (past) and Future acts, which I believe was done. But lying to the citizens, perhaps involvement by our own Government in 9/11 have made me believe that I cannot trust what I am told by this Administration and that they have an ideaology of their own. And have left the Public, the citizens, behind to fend for their own damn selves....We must Unite again because we are running out of time.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by UncleSam27
Well critical-mass since our country is so bad to everyone and is such a problem in the world then do us all here a favor and go live someplace else. We dont need you or your terrible opinion in our country.

Love too,
problem is your 'country' is affecting the WORLD I want to live in.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   

By Our Correspondent WASHINGTON, Jan 16: The White House said on Tuesday that the United States has no plan to invade Iran but would not allow Iranian citizens to kill American soldiers in Iraq. The clarification followed President Bush’s warning to his Iranian counterpart earlier this week, saying that the United States would not allow Iran to stir troubles inside Iraq.

article.wn.com...

There it is,
We are going to hit Iran.
'' would not INVADE ''
Invasion isnt the worry, its strikes.
Your willing to rule out INVASION..

We're goin in!
hold onto 'yer' hats

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by UncleSam27

Quite right. How dare Critical Mass disagree with you or his government!

How dare he! The thought that he could actually have his own opinion, and that he disagrees with his government is simply and utterly disgusting!

Who does he think he is? A supposed free citizen in a alleged free country free to spout his views?!

How dare he! How very dare he! He should leave at once!

Honestly, I don't know what the world is coming to when people like Critical Mass can genuinely think they can hold an opposing opinion to their government.

The world is going mad, and we must stamp this nonsense of 'Free speech' out.

This post was brought to you, dripping in sarcasm.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   
they are hardly going to say, israel is going to blow us up, are they. why would they make any other comment.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

By Our Correspondent WASHINGTON, Jan 16: The White House said on Tuesday that the United States has no plan to invade Iran but would not allow Iranian citizens to kill American soldiers in Iraq. The clarification followed President Bush’s warning to his Iranian counterpart earlier this week, saying that the United States would not allow Iran to stir troubles inside Iraq.

article.wn.com...

There it is,
We are going to hit Iran.
'' would not INVADE ''
Invasion isnt the worry, its strikes.
Your willing to rule out INVASION..

We're goin in!
hold onto 'yer' hats

Invasion or strikes, either way it would be bad.

Very bad.

new topics

top topics

join