It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senior CIA offical fired for refusing to falsify Iraq WMD intelligence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
This isnt a new story but I havent seen it here at ATS.
I just read in USA Today that U.S. District Judge Gladys Kessler ruled that the case may go forward. Evidently she believes in the merit of the case.
Honesty gets CIA official fired

This proves that there are some good honest people working for the feds, but it also shows that honesty and integrity are relics of the past and have no place in government.

The sad thing is that there are still people, even on this board, that believe there were WMD in Iraq.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Sadly no way can morality suit Darwinism in the 21st century society (generally). But you have a point when you to point to government as a prime example.

The thing I’ve never understood is why do people resign when they’ve witnessed something morally wrong in government. Surely you can do far more damage to the enemy by staying inside; and that is obviously what this guy did write. By staying inside, and forcing them to fire him, he may now get a handsome sum of compensation for unfair dismissal.
Had he just chosen to go, there would be no case, and so chances are we the public wouldn’t even be hearing about it.

Anybody who is government should fight all the way when it comes to morality. Otherwise you may as well do nothing at all, bide your time, and learn some more. I know that sometimes people are led to believe that if they resign over a moral issue it will be better for their career reputation; all I can saw is that there are plenty of examples to show that the immoral very rarely honour these kinds of deals (unless they are legally binding).

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Since the run-up to the invation of Iraq in 2003, I have spent more time defending the CIA than anyone else.

lol

Imagine that.

Alot of good, well-meaning people have been drummed out b/c of this criminally insane administration.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11Bravo

The sad thing is that there are still people, even on this board, that believe there were WMD in Iraq.

The question isn't whether there were WMD in Iraq. The question is what happened to the WMD, and when did it happen. Something happened to it- either being destroyed, hidden, or moved elsewhere. Where and how long ago would be what I want to know.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GT100FV

Originally posted by 11Bravo

The question isn't whether there were WMD in Iraq. The question is what happened to the WMD, and when did it happen. Something happened to it- either being destroyed, hidden, or moved elsewhere. Where and how long ago would be what I want to know.

DUH.

They were disposed of in the wake of the Gulf War (aka 1990s).

Do a google search on Scott Ritter. Read him. That's pretty much all you need to know.

join