It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anomoly 502!! Evidence of Artificial Structures on Mars??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Take a good look at this Radar contour image below. This shows detailed photographic evidence of the existence of artificial structures on Mars!! Or does it? You decide!! And note the caption of the image on the top. Seems pretty strange,especially where it mentions 'Strictly for Internal Use'.

Image courtesy: NightStalker

I think the image is from an area adjacent to this Mars Global Surveyor (MGS) Mars Orbiter Camera (MOC) image showing an undulating scene in the south polar region of Mars.

Probable location near: 86.8°S, 341.3°W

But there sure is something fishy going on.

In about May 2001, a sequence of images surfaced depicting a structure on the surface of Mars. Exact location undisclosed. The images were marked with certain text, depicting the sequence and date.

It also referred to an entity called IEC and a date marker in the document/project reference referring to the year 1998. Logically this would date the images as circa 1998. Well logic says that if a satellite took a photo of an anomaly on Mars in 1998, well then it stands to reason that it must have been launched in about 1997. I didn't expect to find anything, but to my total surprise, I discovered that there was a 'qualification' launch of an Arianne rocket designated as --- wait for it --- A 502!!

In fact A 502 was launched in July 1997. And, as I researched the A 502 launch, more and more curious aspects surrounding this launch vehicle came to light. Allow me to tell you about them.

The launch payload was put together by ESTEC, an Informatics division of ESA. Could the ESTEC project have been designated as IEC ?
It was put together in a record time of just seven months, under great pressure.

And it was carrying an impressive array of imaging systems, including Autonomous Vision System (AVS) , Visual Telemetry System (VTS), and Flux Probe Experiment (FIPEX).

Now read on….It sure as hell got my head spinning. Whether it's a hoax or not, you decide!

Here…

[edit on 17-1-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 05:45 AM
link   
That is one nice looking picture, you can see in the upper left portion of the anomoily there are several cicrular objects in a row, Very unnatural.

I hope that people that know how to pick apart pictures will look into this one, its quite fasinating, and i hope it does notdisapear, as the link you provide is not working.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   
first impressions :

it does not even look like a real radar mapping image , sorry

it looks more like crude photoshopping of what some one who has never actually seen a radar map thinks one would look like

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   
ok - me again :

here is what you get when you put a photograph of a lancscape through :

convert to greyscale
sharpen - one pass
edge detection - one pass

*click image for full size

the source image is banda aceh in the aftermath of the tusami

here are the source and " radarised " images @ full resolution :

banda aceh normal

banda aceh radarised

see how similar they look ?????????? amazing innit

now here is a real radar mapping image :

radar image

[edit: image size]Mod Edit: Image Size – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1/17/2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
first impressions :

i_a, it doesn't look like a radar image? That means you ain't sure yourself!! But check out the header on the top right of the pic which says.'Radar contour image', in blue. They must be nuts or stupid writing it if it wasn't!!

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
the ones that you augmented bring out the feature that are unatural and man made, similar to what is going on in the 1st picture, now all waws have to know is if that is a pic of what?

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

i_a, it doesn't look like a radar image? That means you ain't sure yourself!!

do not attempt to tell me whjat i think

i AM certain that it is not a real radar image - address the post above yours

But check out the header on the top right of the pic which says.'Radar contour image', in blue. They must be nuts or stupid writing it if it wasn't!!

any idiot could have added that header , it does not confirm the provenance of the image

that header merely reflects what the caption writer wants youu to think

PS - i will address what is wrong with the header later

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
the ones that you augmented bring out the feature that are unatural and man made, similar to what is going on in the 1st picture, now all waws have to know is if that is a pic of what?

TK, I didn't quite get your question! But if you are referring to the second pic it is one taken by the MGS of the South Polar region. Now here's another area from the South Polar region taken by the Mars Global Surveyor.

False color image.
MGS MOC
Mars South Polar Region

Looks pretty artificial, what? Something like the crop circles here!!!

Cheers! Enjoy!

[edit on 17-1-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Looks like a grub has been munching on wood to me. Very similiar to woodworm and caterpillar feeding on leaves etc.

Giants Causeway off Ireland looks completely man made but was as a result of geological activity. There are many other examples of things looking man made when they are geological UNLESS of course these were made by aliens pre mankind. Or mankind before homosapien mankind.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnb

Giants Causeway off Ireland looks completely man made but was as a result of geological activity.

How dare you! Everyone knows Finn McCool the giant made the causeway, as well as tearing a chunk out of Ulster (Lough Neagh) and throwing it into the sea (Isle of Man).

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
And here is a comparison of images of the same area, one by normal mode, the other by radar. I have marked the mesas or depressions on both images for orientation.

What you cannot see in the first pic is fairly well defined in the second through radar imagery, like a giant circuit board with squares, circles and parallel lines!
Check out the image in the opening post of this thread for more detail and compare it with the surrounding landscape.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
OK, Mike - although you're clearly pushing hard on the 'artificial' angle (as usual) even though you ask US to decide:

My decision is that this is nothing more than natural geologic features photographed and image-enhanced in a way to make them appear to be interpreted as something artificial. Which I believe them NOT to be.

Like the glass worms, pyramids, 'cities', bridges, tunnels, and other imaginary synthetics, this also falls into the category of "nothing there" - just a tiny piece of landscape in a vast, desolate, dead planet in which some geologic features happen to have some geometry that bears a slight resemblance to things humans may be familiar with.

Also - there is no corroborative info - hard to decide anything based on an image that could have been altered, PS-ed, CGI-embellished, etc. As we all know, fakes abound. And attention-seekers attempting to grandstand abound as well. Interesting stuff - but no proof here by any stretch...

Though, thanks for posting again Mike - your alarmist pre-conceived images are entertaining at least, and very worthy of discussion. Good job.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
No, I'm pretty skeptical about martian cities, etc., but the second image in mike's last post does look pretty interesting. The top center part does "look" sort of artificial. Almost like part of an IC chip under high magnification. Going off on that tangent, maybe we're looking for the wrong kind of life and should instead be looking for silicon based lifeforms.

Hmmm.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
No, I'm pretty skeptical about martian cities, etc., but the second image in mike's last post does look pretty interesting. The top center part does "look" sort of artificial. Almost like part of an IC chip under high magnification. Going off on that tangent, maybe we're looking for the wrong kind of life and should instead be looking for silicon based lifeforms.

Hmmm.

Now that's a wild but fascinating idea. I still want to know where the methane is coming from.

top topics

join