It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Masonry & The Testament of Solomon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   
It is my understanding that the Free Masonry was founded during the building of King Solomons Temple. It is also my understanding that the "ritual room" (I am not sure what it is actually called) is designed the same in all lodges to be laid out the same as King Solomons Temple.

Now, I was watching a special on The History Channel about religious books written that were not included in the Bible and other writings and one of the writtings they covered was the Testament of Solomon.

The Testament of Solomon is supposedly written by King Solomon and accounts his experiences in summoning demons. The text describes him summoning demons to aid in the building of his Temple and other things. Here is a link: www.esotericarchives.com...

I was wondering if anyone here has done any research into the Testament of Solomon and if Free Masons recognize this as a real book.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   
As a real book?

I would think that its up to the individual to decide if the book should've been included in the christian canon or not.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Well some people have speculated that King Solomon did not infact write the book. I didn't know if there was anyone who might have a little more knowledge about it.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tha Pope
It is my understanding that the Free Masonry was founded during the building of King Solomons Temple.

The Masonic legend of Hiram Abiff is set during the reign of Salomon. However, masonry itself did not appear on the scene until much later. (17th-18th century)

I was wondering if anyone here has done any research into the Testament of Solomon and if Free Masons recognize this as a real book.

The wiki article says the book is pseudepigraphical, meaning he didn’t write it. (synchronicity: funny thing, I had to look up that word today while reading another book.
)

I don’t think you’ll find many Masonic connections here. I think some Golden Dawn rituals make use of the Seals of Salomon, so maybe someone familiar with that order could give you more info.

BTW I really don’t think Masons usually invite (or summon) demons into their Lodge. (Although I imagine Masonic Light probably has a few around his house doing his dishes.
)

[edit on 17/1/07 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   

BTW I really don’t think Masons usually invite (or summon) demons into their Lodge. (Although I imagine Masonic Light probably has a few around his house doing his dishes.
)

That was funny!

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23

)

They kept throwing them at the cat, so I had to fire them. Good help is hard to find.

Cug

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23

I don’t think you’ll find many Masonic connections here. I think some Golden Dawn rituals make use of the Seals of Salomon, so maybe someone familiar with that order could give you more info.

Well it's not really in any Golden Dawn rituals. But The Testament of Solomon is one of the main sources that inspired many later Ceremonial Magick grimoires.

[quote]BTW I really don’t think Masons usually invite (or summon) demons into their Lodge. (Although I imagine Masonic Light probably has a few around his house doing his dishes.
)

I have quite a few here.. still can't get them to do the dishes or even windows for that matter.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I don't understand how it is even credible that King Solomon's Temple was built by Demons? (A concept not really existent within the Judaic beliefs).

Remember in Judaism Satan is a deceiver to bring you farther from God - there is not really a great war in heaven.

During Solomon's time Judaism was a Henotheistic religion believing in many gods but only one "Supreme God" which happened to be their god of War.

As such it is likely Solomon invoked the aid of other deities than YHWH when building the Temple to YHWH and later generations may have construed this to mean "demons".

Cug

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreiMaurer
I don't understand how it is even credible that King Solomon's Temple was built by Demons? (A concept not really existent within the Judaic beliefs).

::snip::

As such it is likely Solomon invoked the aid of other deities than YHWH when building the Temple to YHWH and later generations may have construed this to mean "demons".

You are correct. The Testament of Solomon was written in Greek and the Greek word daemon (δαιμων) meant spirit... things that were kinda between us and the gods. There really wasn't and good or evil about them they were just kinda there.

When the word was used in the bible to describe the now commonly known evil spirit, it also acquired the evil meaning.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Personally I feet that the Testament of Solomon is an allegory. The demons he overcame represent certain character flaws we all have. In the writings we see that each demon had a certain angel to which it would submit.

And [20] what angel is it that frustrates thee?" And she said to me: "He that in thee [or "through thee"] is reigning." And I thought that she mocked me, and bade a soldier strike her. But she cried aloud, and said: "I am [subjected] to thee, O king, by the wisdom of God given to thee, and by the angel Joel."

At the time of this writing and in the original language it we may have been able to know what each demon and angel symbolized. For example greed, anger and lust may be represented by demons. Where as the various angels may have represented temperance, fortitude or wisdom. It is hard to know what the culture of the time may have thought.
You may find few masons have read or ever heard of this book. It would be considered in the realm of religion and subject to each individual's judgment. Many people cite this book as an example of evil demon conjuring. I don't share this view since I doubt the text is literal. The text begins thus:

Blessed art thou, O Lord God, who didst give Solomon such authority. Glory to thee and might unto the ages. Amen.

Cug

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedPill
Personally I feet that the Testament of Solomon is an allegory. The demons he overcame represent certain character flaws we all have.

I agree. for example if you read the introduction to the Goetia (The Lesser Key of Solomon, a grimwire that shows how to evoke Solomon demons) you will find this.

But can any of the effects described in this our book Goetia be obtained, and if so, can you give a rational explanation of the circumstances? Say you so?

I can, and will.

The spirits of the Goetia are portions of the human brain.

Source: The Goetia

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Amazing how this thread was ignored...

new topics

top topics

join