It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam Hussein arrested

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Yup.

As soon as I saw the news this morning, among my first reactions was that we'd see a long thread on today's news, full of typical ATS member drama and rhetoric.

I can see that I was right.

lol
hey...what can i say? look how far off-topic things got

william, we've never heard your side of this..why??

you're a man worthy of more than one subject to contribute to...surely your not all that much into IT or arts?

just messing,
Cyrus

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Cyrus, I will bet you 8000 points (If I ever get them)
that we will attack Syria as well. But it wont happen until AFTER the next election, granted Bush wins. Another war before election time would really hurt his status.
But I do believe he will go after Syria and possibly Iran before he is all said in done in 2008, to make his mark on history much the same way Reagan tried to change the idealogical influence throughout Eastern Europe. You know, to mark his place in history.

There Cyrus, does that make you feel better that I believe that.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 10:45 AM
link   
yes the iraqis are quite overjoyed at his capture. id say they know better than any of us if this is a good thing or not.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by beergoggles

Do you honestly believe everything mainstream media tells us? NBC could have documents linking saddam to anyone or anything, and I'd be skeptical. The election is gaining momentum and we need to be even more critical of the information we are being fed.

My opinion,
BG

oh i dont know, lots of bush bashers believe what the media says about him...do you question that?

seems a lot of people like to question the media when they report something that doesnt fit their way of thinking, in other words, when it says something they dont like. there isnt a news source on this planet that i can believe 100%. reporters are people and everyone has a bias and they DO put their own spin on everything. to believe anything at face value regardless of the news source is pure stupidity. its healthy normal and in my opinion REQUIRED that we give what is being told to us a second though before accepting it however what i dont agree with is doing this only when we are told something that flies in the face of what we believe or want to believe. THIS is the issue i have, the inconsistency in how people question the media.

i have some questions of my own but rather than looking like some angry bitter person with a chip on my shoulder i'm going to sit back and watch it all unfold and form an opinion as this all develops, not forming an opinion on a news flash and no story behind it THEN delving into the subject like some love to do here.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimpleTruth
Hey FULCRUM CYRUS and MOJOM,

Do you know how entertaining it is to read your pathetic rhetoric?
Truth is biting you and you're letting your dislike for Bush get the best of you. "Oh, it's all AMERICA'S FAULT. BUSH IS EVIL! OIL OIL OIL!" You are making fools of yourselves. The funny thing is, no matter what would happen, you would always side against Bush. Oh and just to let you know, NBC reports, they have documents now confirming a link and collaboration between Saddam and Mohammad Atta. In other words, a connection with Al Qaeda! Go ahead. DENY THAT ONE!

What the hell are you talking about??? Have you bothered to read my posts throughout this topic Genius??? Obviously not or you'd already know I couldn't give a Rats A$$ about Saddam, Bush, Ashcroft, Cheny, Rumsfield, Osama, Al Quida, or anyone else who thinks of slaughtering Innocent Lives as just another day at the office!! SimpleTruth, next time try using your SimpleMind before blabbering SimpleNonsense.

Nothing is biting me, Truth or Otherwise. Hussein is captured. Great, Fantastic. One more Self-Indulgent, Elitist and Abusive Leader out of control. Wonderful news, NOW STOP BLOWING UP EVERYTHING and KILLING SOLDIERS and CIVILIANS in this 10,000 year old CIRCLE JERK called GENOCIDAL WAR!!!

YES BUSH IS EVIL!! Even if he wasn't, he's still a F**KING JOKE for being President of the U.S.A. I wouldn't let the guy mow my damn lawn or watch my house for the weekend, so don't bother trying to get me to support the LOP. Just so you know I feel pretty much the same way about the majority of Worthless, Selfish, Greedy, Emotionless, Sacks of Dung who are currently in the Highest Political and Social Positions.

Once again since all you Bushies love to throw the Anti-American label around so much. NO I DON'T BLAME AMERICA. America to me is OF THE PEOPLE, FOR THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE, LAND OF FREE, HOME OF THE BRAVE, etc. The people of America didn't start this War. The Governing Body did and America IS NOT MEANT TO BE SLAVE TO IT'S OWN GOVERNMENT!!!! The fact that so many American People have been swindled into thinking that they must show their support for the U.S. by sucking the Scaley C0CK of the U.S. Gov. makes me sick!! Congress laughingly votes themselves new pay raises while the Billions of American People are moments away for Economic disaster, Veterans lose their benifits, Soldiers die daily and lose any possible chance of visiting home and family, Innocent Iraqi Civilians also die daily while being fed B.S. media lies of "Operation Iraqi Freedom". Osama is said to be the cause of 9-11 yet for the past 2 years we go after Hussein with flimsy excuses of WMD's that nobody can find.

DON'T accuse me of any of your mindless crap by saying the stupid sh!t like you did above. Lock em all up for all I care!! You stupid, finger pointing little kiss ass drone. I say down with the whole FU*KING PATHETIC GAME. I am against any and all who take advantage of others for their own selfish gain. Bush is #ing cowboy who doesn't give # about any soldier or civilian life that's been wiped out durring his WARMONGERING. YOU'RE BLIND if you think for even one second that he does, not to mention a sad slave who's all too happy to be led to the slaughterhouse while kissing the A$$ of those who plan your destruction.

Wake up Simpleton.....and be a little more careful when catagorizing people that you know D!CK about. Try searching for valid data or keep your Simple Mouth Shut.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey

Originally posted by beergoggles

Do you honestly believe everything mainstream media tells us? NBC could have documents linking saddam to anyone or anything, and I'd be skeptical. The election is gaining momentum and we need to be even more critical of the information we are being fed.

My opinion,
BG

oh i dont know, lots of bush bashers believe what the media says about him...do you question that?

seems a lot of people like to question the media when they report something that doesnt fit their way of thinking, in other words, when it says something they dont like. there isnt a news source on this planet that i can believe 100%. reporters are people and everyone has a bias and they DO put their own spin on everything. to believe anything at face value regardless of the news source is pure stupidity. its healthy normal and in my opinion REQUIRED that we give what is being told to us a second though before accepting it however what i dont agree with is doing this only when we are told something that flies in the face of what we believe or want to believe. THIS is the issue i have, the inconsistency in how people question the media.

i have some questions of my own but rather than looking like some angry bitter person with a chip on my shoulder i'm going to sit back and watch it all unfold and form an opinion as this all develops, not forming an opinion on a news flash and no story behind it THEN delving into the subject like some love to do here.

well said PM, atually? the sad thing is...one cannot do anything else BUT to lie in wait and see what happens

no matter how many "conspiracies" are launched at bushy, bushy will undoubtedly be covered by the israelis.
i am in support of :
1: the U.S.A drawing it's forces away from everything, leaving everything in shambles, and getting the hell out.
2: not throwing it upon britain to clean up the mess.
3: bush getting thrown out, and a council being formed, one man should never be allowed to govern something so powerful... a council of extremely old men and women for that matter.(matrix reloaded/revolution...yes, i know

Bush will step on the wrong shoes soon, sparks will fly...wait, i've got it!!

whatever bush does to saddam, will hopefully be done to him

tit for tat..quid pro quo

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Good form Johnny. As expected. I was just waiting for one of you guys to deny the reports. Hey, so I guess you measure authority here by how long you've been a member? To hell with that. That's ridiculous. I am now a legitimate member so try and read what I have to say without getting in a tizzy. By the way, what makes any sources YOU have for your info any more validated than mine? So tell me, is your superior Euro news reporting the exact opposite then? Are they arguing against what is happening right now? I doubt it!! All I read from you guys is...

"I bet this is just...blah blah blah" or "just wait, you'll see this will happen!" or " that's not the truth! I bet it's really this way blah blah blah.."

These sound like speculations concocted by minds who are desperate to disprove a President they don't like. What the hell, do you just somehow KNOW exactly how this all is REALLY happening? You're the one who lacks sources! I don't care what you think about NBC, but at least I have something to back my position up! Why don't YOU name your news sources or ANY source. Go ahead. Do it now!

News reports in my country is one of the best in the world! It is free of such reports, where facts are manipulated or made up.
Saddam Husein never had any connection with al-Quaeda, maybe exept one thing.
He wanted osama ibn Laden DEAD. He was a threat for him. Islamic world is very complex, and what I know, Saddam and Osama had very diffrent believes, Osama was against the way Husain ruled his country. Ibn Laden, if he is alive and knows what is happening, has an opportunity to celebrate, pray more to Allah.
Working with al-Quaeda operatives wouldn't bring Husain anything. He had nothing to do with 9/11, he had no plans for attacks on the US.
That is the info I had on the news up here, Central Europe.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 10:56 AM
link   
My point US war in Iraq is a joke,

Based on lies.

For oil.

Its criminal.

No WMD.
(And seriously even if there would be it still wouldnt give US the right to invade Iraq.)

No Al-Qaida bases or training.
(But after you invaded Iraq it is possible that Al-Qaida will appear in there..)

These facts are water proof, and you cant deny the truht.

Next time,

Invade Israel for having illegal WMDs.
(We all know that they have plenty of those.)

Invade Saubi-Arabia.
(Home of the Al-Qaida.)

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm
What the hell are you talking about??? Have you bothered to read my posts throughout this topic Genius??? Obviously not or you'd already know I couldn't give a Rats A$$ about Saddam, Bush, Ashcroft, Cheny, Rumsfield, Osama, Al Quida, or anyone else who thinks of slaughtering Innocent Lives as just another day at the office!! SimpleTruth, next time try using your SimpleMind before blabbering SimpleNonsense.

Whoa whoa whoa!
You're so silly mojom. Looks like someone's having a bad day, now that Bush is receiving some credit for something good.
I'm glad for the novel you wrote me though. It just proves how hateful you are. Take is easy man. It's ok, everything is going to be just fine. Yeah, it sucks having to sleep in the bed you've made by claiming Bush can do no right. But, he's done some good, so live with it.

EDITED By Kano because there was no need to quote mOjOms entire post.

[Edited on 14-12-2003 by Kano]

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnny
News reports in my country is one of the best in the world! It is free of such reports, where facts are manipulated or made up.
He wanted osama ibn Laden DEAD. He was a threat for him. Islamic world is very complex, and what I know, Saddam and Osama had very diffrent believes, Osama was against the way Husain ruled his country. Ibn Laden, if he is alive and knows what is happening, has an opportunity to celebrate, pray more to Allah.
Working with al-Quaeda operatives wouldn't bring Husain anything. He had nothing to do with 9/11, he had no plans for attacks on the US.

you might live in central europe but you are arabic, no doubts to that..check out the way you said bin-boy's name...Ibn???
hey whatever guys, i dont give a * no more, i'm going off to play a nice game of nfs underground, like any other normal teenager would at a time of increased adrenaline rush due to the WW3 staring me in the face coz of an idiot i can do nothing about

*sighs*
Cyrus

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey

PM, I Agree completely.

And FWIW, I do question what bush's opponants say. No one side is any better than the other. Both spew rhetoric at times and sometimes both make sense, but neither are worthy of blind trust.

BG

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnny

Johnny my boy. I'm concerned about you. You actually think that the U.S. is biased in the news, but yours is completely unbiased? Excuse me for a second.......
.......phew! Okay. Hate to burst your bubble, but EVERY source of news is going to have some bias. What is different where you live from where I live that makes your news more accurate? List some reasons buddy. Please, I'm very interested. And I'm still wondering what your news is reporting right now in regards to Saddam's capture, and how they are reacting to it.

EDIT: Again with the huge quotes.

[Edited on 14-12-2003 by Kano]

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Mojom, he's just a newbie

awww...30 points.
it might be irresponsible of him to utter such nonsense, it's not his fault, biased? he is...can we change that? try Dreamz out for size

i guess i g2 stop butting horns with it and understand that i am in fact...useless, my oppinion doesn't matter, hopefully yours will,
all the more power to ya,
i'm out of the game for now,
Cyrus
ps: good post Mojom, glad to see some other sane ones out there.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus
you might live in central europe but you are arabic, no doubts to that..check out the way you said bin-boy's name...Ibn???

I'm not arabic, for all of you.
I also don't want to be treated as one, because some intolerant people treat this nation as EVIL.
It's just the way it's Supposed to be written.
And there has been a debate how to write it anyway, I use the unamerican version.
There has been a tradition of writing the names like that.
Read any article in any respected polish newspaper, everywhere Osama IBN Laden.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1

The Mobile Labs that TC keeps on mentioning were nothing of the sort.They were for inflating weather balloons with hydrogen and tracking them.News story below.

Link!

The Brits sold Saddam these in 1987.This is now established and excepted and I don't know why TC keeps perpetuating this falsehood as this has been mentioned before.

There are no Mobile Weapons Labs!!

No Mobile WMD labs,

Like i said..

Thanks for the link JB1.

AD RADIO CENTER.

Weather balloon station!

No mobile WMD labs around..

(vehicles in these both images were claimed by US to be the so called 'mobile WMD lab'..

[Edited on 14-12-2003 by FULCRUM]

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamz
Cyrus, I will bet you 8000 points (If I ever get them)
that we will attack Syria as well. But it wont happen until AFTER the next election, granted Bush wins. Another war before election time would really hurt his status.
But I do believe he will go after Syria and possibly Iran before he is all said in done in 2008, to make his mark on history much the same way Reagan tried to change the idealogical influence throughout Eastern Europe. You know, to mark his place in history.

There Cyrus, does that make you feel better that I believe that.

granted bush wins? hes already won!

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Saddam is evil plain n simple, BUT why was the first reason they got into this war(Supposidly to save the world from WMD which could destroy dis dat n the otha)but these have yet to be found so what is there to celebrate about. America you have just had the wool pulled over your eyes without realising that what you fought for is still infinately unclear.and it is those who believe that bush is the best thing since sliced bread who are not helping the sitution.

blessed are those who wake up and see the light.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:20 AM
link   
all ive got to say is GOOD JOB

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Whoa whoa whoa!
You're so silly mojom. Looks like someone's having a bad day, now that Bush is receiving some credit for something good.
I'm glad for the novel you wrote me though. It just proves how hateful you are. Take is easy man. It's ok, everything is going to be just fine. Yeah, it sucks having to sleep in the bed you've made by claiming Bush can do no right. But, he's done some good, so live with it.

I'm silly huh?? Well that certainly shows how well you pay attention to what's being said. I'm glad you liked my Novel I wrote for you. As I did do it Just for you. It's too bad you didn't learn anything from it though. Also, I'm not hateful. I am however SICK OF THE DEATH, LIES, and B.S. like what you decided to spew out earlier. You think I'm upset cause Bush FINALLY did something correct. Actually, Bush didn't do anything anyway. Good Job to the Soldiers who actually have the courage to face battle and get the job done. Bush had Daddy to bail him out and buy his way through life. Respect that all you want, I personally find it pathetic. Plus this goes way beyond Bush anyway. My Anti-Bush is just a minute sliver behind what's wrong. Hussien gone, great. Unfortunatly the list goes on and on my friend. Minus Bush, great, whatever....Still plenty on the list pal. You're missing the point Simple, I AM AGAINST ALL OF IT EQUALLY. One correct and honorable move doesn't make up for THOUSANDS of INNOCENT LIVES LOST IN ARROGANCE!! If it makes you feel better, I'm all tingly and happy for Bush!! It's about time he did his job correctly after almost a full term!! But instead of sitting around making it out to be the cure for cancer I'm more interested in acomplishing the other Billion objectives still at hand and in need of Attention. Does that make more sense to you now?????

If not, then I don't really care.....See me as whatever you want, enjoy whatever unfounded belief you want about me and what you think I'm about. I'm of no importance anyway so who cares. However when it comes to what is going wrong with the world, be dedicated to finding out the true big picture in all it's Bitter Glory, and do it openly and without labeling things too quickly before you know what is real.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALLFATHER
Saddam is evil plain n simple, BUT why was the first reason they got into this war(Supposidly to save the world from WMD which could destroy dis dat n the otha)but these have yet to be found so what is there to celebrate about. America you have just had the wool pulled over your eyes without realising that what you fought for is still infinately unclear.and it is those who believe that bush is the best thing since sliced bread who are not helping the sitution.

blessed are those who wake up and see the light.

This is true allfather, but remember, there were two main reasons, and one lesser reason to invade Iraq. One was for WMD's and the other was because of saddams ties to terrorism. The other reason was to just help out the iraqi ppl. IMO, the last one is enough validation to take out Saddam. Anyway, we haven't found WMD's...yet. However, documents have just been obtained proving the connection between saddam and al qaeda. So one of the 2 reasons has been fulfilled and so should justify the war to most people. Not to mention torturing is stopped in iraq.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join