It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam Hussein arrested

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Does anyone here feel safer now that Saddam is captured? Does it even matter in your daily lives?

NO!

You're not any safer (maybe even more at risk) and in the final analysis, it really doesn't matter!

You know, for some reason I do not believe you have the knowledge to make that assessment, "Colonel".

It shouldn't take more than to functional brain cells to realize that every piece of the terror chain that you break, the safer we are.

The mere fact that Fulcrum is beside himself with great angst that we have cpatured his hero should be enough of an indication to you that you are most certainly on the wrong side of this issue.

I find it strange that so many would be against the U.S., including fellow Americans. It causes me to stop and reevaluate my position.
Here, I will allow you to witness the reevaluation:

Of the two sides, one is an administraion that is constitutionally elected, by a system created by the people. After a maximum of 8 years, this administration is replaced by another, also constitutionally elected. The other side is a brutal dictator who held power by force, terror, torture and the threat of all the above.

Our leader angers some segments of the population by doing nutty things like defending teh nation, cutting taxes, creating a larger entitlement system with an increase to Medicare and landing on aircraft carriers. The other "leader" angers all but the ruling elite by imprisoning children who resist the Baath party, runs people through plastic shredders and gasses entire communities he doesn't like with nerve and mustard agents.

Self-evaluation finished. Conclusion, I am on the right side and you Colonel, are on the side with some idiot that idolized Stalin and is mad because Hussein is off the streets.

Are we safer? Not just because of this one guy being off the street, but the entirety of the War on Terror. Are the citizens of Iraq safer, and now more free to rest easy and think about rebuilding their own nation? The obvious answer is yes. That doesn't mean I assume you'll reach that answer, only that it is the obvious answer.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Come on...for people who think this is a bad thing? You gotta be either (A) A terrorist (B) Crazy. Think about it, it does multiple things! It raises the morale definately in Iraq, and will help get the job done at least %40 - 50 percent faster. It will raise the world's view on the U.S., and the Democrats view on Bush. It already has, Dean said he was happy that Bush caught Saddam, but that Bush went about it wrong..(figures). Anyways, the only reason Saddam WASN'T caught, was because the Democrats *cough* Clinton *cough*, didn't know what he was doing.

-wD

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM

Originally posted by Quicksilver
proof fulcrum proof. Yea isolation is one that can go with out sayin but remember if we did do these things we live in a free country and teh NCLU would but all up on them

How much more proof do you want?

Isnt a image of suspected 'Al-Qaida members' tortured in Cuba enough?

Method shown in the pic is actually quite brutal form of mental torture..
(mental torture can be much more brutal than physical one..)

Its not actually that im against you doing this..

Its just about you lying that you dont supposedly do these things.

LOL! This is why it has taken me, what, 15 pages, before I'd come back to this thread? Fulcrum, it is very difficult to describe ytou outside the Pit area, let us just say that you twist the truth and are very aware of it. That makes you a....you know. It rhymes with FIRE.

Where is the torture? Are you referring to the snapshot you placed on this thread? You ever dealt with prisoners? I don't mean just the run-of-th-mill prisoners, but the ones that truly hate your guts and will take every opportunity to hurt you? Maybe you have. Who can tell with you, as the truth is not something upon which you place much weight. But even if you haven't, you should be smart enough to know what is torture, and that we aren't stupid enough to torture people while any cameras are around.

But then again, the truth is not your aim. But as truth is not your aim, being stupid enough to think that taking proper and reasonable precautions under those circumstances is "torture" is not my aim. I'm not stupid enough to buy your crap. I'd hope nobody else here is.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 08:34 PM
link   
You need to get off the stuff that Rush was on. Look, AGAIN, we've been LIED to. Well, at least, YOU'VE been lied to. I NEVER believe ANYTHING this administration says. So, I won't be the one kissing Bush's monkey ass for Christmas like you. Well, let's examone the lies:

A number of questions are raised by the incredibly bedraggled, tired and crushed condition of this once savage, dapper and pampered ruler who was discovered in a hole in the ground on Saturday, December 13:

1. The length and state of his hair indicated he had not seen a barber or even had a shampoo for several weeks.

2. The wild state of his beard indicated he had not shaved for the same period

3. The hole dug in the floor of a cellar in a farm compound near Tikrit was primitive indeed � 6ft across and 8ft across with minimal sanitary arrangements - a far cry from his opulent palaces.

4. Saddam looked beaten and hungry.

5. Detained trying to escape were two unidentified men. Left with him were two AK-47 assault guns and a pistol, none of which were used.

6. The hole had only one opening. It was not only camouflaged with mud and bricks � it was blocked. He could not have climbed out without someone on the outside removing the covering.

7. And most important, $750,000 in 100-dollar notes were found with him (a pittance for his captors who expected a $25m reward)� but no communications equipment of any kind, whether cell phone or even a carrier pigeon for contacting the outside world.

According to DEBKAfile analysts, these seven anomalies point to one conclusion: Saddam Hussein was not in hiding; he was a prisoner.
www.debka.com...

Merry Christmas!

Now, as to making the world safer from terrorism. Again, you drink the Koolaid and fall for the same crap like Charlie Brown does with Lucy and the football.

DEBKAfile�s counter-intelligence sources reveal: Even after Saddam�s capture, secret arrival in southern Iraq of another wanted American enemy Lebanese terror mastermind Imad Mughniyeh may boost anti-US violence.

www.debka.com...

So, you go ahead and vote for Dubya...hell, yeah!

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 08:44 PM
link   
So, was this all worth 500 American soldiers dead and thousands wounded? Between 8-10,000 Iraqi dead? More intensified violence against our soldiers to come? More DU poisoning of Iraqis and American soldiers? Was it all worth it?

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Saddam's sister seems to think the soldiers drugged him!

Dec. 15 � DUBAI (Reuters) - Saddam Hussein's sister said on Monday her brother would never have surrendered meekly and that U.S. forces must have used drugs or gas to paralyze him.

"Saddam Hussein, hero of Arabs, would never surrender like this. He must have been subjected to drugs or nerve gas to paralyze him, for he is not one to surrender in this humiliating manner," Nawal Ibrahim al-Hasan told London-based newspaper al-Quds al-Arabi by telephone from an unidentified Arab capital.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Well I feel safer knowing that Iraqi expats located here do not have to skulk about appologizing for Saddam. In some cases Saddam supporters will give up and just drop the issue and go on with their lives.

Most of all I feel safer because liberals have had a swift kick to the gonads and maybe they will shut up for awhile re: the ravings and rantings.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehippiedude
Saddam's sister seems to think the soldiers drugged him!

Dec. 15 � DUBAI (Reuters) - Saddam Hussein's sister said on Monday her brother would never have surrendered meekly and that U.S. forces must have used drugs or gas to paralyze him.

"Saddam Hussein, hero of Arabs, would never surrender like this. He must have been subjected to drugs or nerve gas to paralyze him, for he is not one to surrender in this humiliating manner," Nawal Ibrahim al-Hasan told London-based newspaper al-Quds al-Arabi by telephone from an unidentified Arab capital.

abcnews.go.com...

It's because he was a prisoner! He was never in hiding. They drugged him as a PRISONER and then made a big show of capturing him! These people are lying to you again! Sheesh!

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Well I feel safer knowing that Iraqi expats located here do not have to skulk about appologizing for Saddam. In some cases Saddam supporters will give up and just drop the issue and go on with their lives.

Most of all I feel safer because liberals have had a swift kick to the gonads and maybe they will shut up for awhile re: the ravings and rantings.

Why? Cause the Bush bastard caught Saddam, the monster the Bush Crime Family created and who was never a threat to ANYBODY?

No, this capture is just a blip on the news line.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I think that its good that the have captured Saddam, that is if it really is him and I have my doubts about that. But in no way does it make the world any safer than it was, as for the terror and everything else I feel that he was only a miniscule part of that, so its really business as usual, Saddam captures makes no change in the safety of the world!

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I liken to finding Bin Laden's picture in the suspected 9-11 terrorist's car trunk. How convienient can it be that they announced that they were going to try him...and Booooom!...he shows up? There will always be a terrorist to fight against...I am just wondering....what country near the Caspian Sea will be next...hrmmm?

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I'm sorry, you were talking about drugs? You are obviously not taking pain killers as Rush was, but are doing your usual mind-alterers. I see why they call it "Dope". You seem to think you are in the "Moron's anti-American mad-dog conspiracy" forum with your list of blind-swinging BS. I'll not even respond to stupid crap.
I guess I should stop now, for that reason. But I figured I'd better clarify your second batch of nonesense for all the little kiddies out there that may not know any better.

First of all, as I've made clear before, as well as have others here, you DU junk science is just that - junk science. It is even less credible than you guys' Right Guard created ozone hole and your "Bad Ol' American Insustry is causing Mother Earth to heat up!" theories, that have both been quashed by sober scientists. (None of which you'd believe as they aren't predispostioned to automatically hate the West.

What is it about you mind that will not allow you to grasp the obvious, even after being exposed to it time after time? Is liberalitus that nerve damaging? It wasn't just about Hussein, it is about the wider picture of terror.
And don't feign love and concern about those you didn't even have the backbone to join. I get so sick and tired of you liberals dripping with condescending love for the American soldier.

And while you fail to recognize tha tthe lack of evidence does not negate something's existence, there is more than enough past evidence and experience to cause a rational human being to know that Hussein is a terrorist, a murderer, a maker and user of chemical and biological weapons (using it on races and religions he does not like), and a consumate liar that could almost make Al Gore look like a choir boy.
Yeah, I can see why a liberal would prefer him over an American president.

I'm done with this thread. Spew your lies and twists of fact all over it if you like, Esquire, anyone who believes you deserves to be misled.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
You need to get off the stuff that Rush was on. Look, AGAIN, we've been LIED to. Well, at least, YOU'VE been lied to. I NEVER believe ANYTHING this administration says. So, I won't be the one kissing Bush's monkey ass for Christmas like you. Well, let's examone the lies:

A number of questions are raised by the incredibly bedraggled, tired and crushed condition of this once savage, dapper and pampered ruler who was discovered in a hole in the ground on Saturday, December 13:

1. The length and state of his hair indicated he had not seen a barber or even had a shampoo for several weeks.

2. The wild state of his beard indicated he had not shaved for the same period

3. The hole dug in the floor of a cellar in a farm compound near Tikrit was primitive indeed � 6ft across and 8ft across with minimal sanitary arrangements - a far cry from his opulent palaces.

4. Saddam looked beaten and hungry.

5. Detained trying to escape were two unidentified men. Left with him were two AK-47 assault guns and a pistol, none of which were used.

6. The hole had only one opening. It was not only camouflaged with mud and bricks � it was blocked. He could not have climbed out without someone on the outside removing the covering.

7. And most important, $750,000 in 100-dollar notes were found with him (a pittance for his captors who expected a $25m reward)� but no communications equipment of any kind, whether cell phone or even a carrier pigeon for contacting the outside world.

According to DEBKAfile analysts, these seven anomalies point to one conclusion: Saddam Hussein was not in hiding; he was a prisoner.
www.debka.com...

Merry Christmas!

Now, as to making the world safer from terrorism. Again, you drink the Koolaid and fall for the same crap like Charlie Brown does with Lucy and the football.

DEBKAfile�s counter-intelligence sources reveal: Even after Saddam�s capture, secret arrival in southern Iraq of another wanted American enemy Lebanese terror mastermind Imad Mughniyeh may boost anti-US violence.

www.debka.com...

So, you go ahead and vote for Dubya...hell, yeah!

Colonel....you are like a day late and a dollar short dude!
This crap that you are serving has already been served......yesterday!
There is thread on this already and it has been sufficiently answered.....your bring day old bread to the table.....
Get caught up and read a few threads and topics so you can try to get back current...or is that a Democrat thing?

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
I'm sorry, you were talking about drugs? You are obviously not taking pain killers as Rush was, but are doing your usual mind-alterers. I see why they call it "Dope". You seem to think you are in the "Moron's anti-American mad-dog conspiracy" forum with your list of blind-swinging BS. I'll not even respond to stupid crap.
I guess I should stop now, for that reason. But I figured I'd better clarify your second batch of nonesense for all the little kiddies out there that may not know any better.

First of all, as I've made clear before, as well as have others here, you DU junk science is just that - junk science. It is even less credible than you guys' Right Guard created ozone hole and your "Bad Ol' American Insustry is causing Mother Earth to heat up!" theories, that have both been quashed by sober scientists. (None of which you'd believe as they aren't predispostioned to automatically hate the West.

What is it about you mind that will not allow you to grasp the obvious, even after being exposed to it time after time? Is liberalitus that nerve damaging? It wasn't just about Hussein, it is about the wider picture of terror.
And don't feign love and concern about those you didn't even have the backbone to join. I get so sick and tired of you liberals dripping with condescending love for the American soldier.

And while you fail to recognize tha tthe lack of evidence does not negate something's existence, there is more than enough past evidence and experience to cause a rational human being to know that Hussein is a terrorist, a murderer, a maker and user of chemical and biological weapons (using it on races and religions he does not like), and a consumate liar that could almost make Al Gore look like a choir boy.
Yeah, I can see why a liberal would prefer him over an American president.

I'm done with this thread. Spew your lies and twists of fact all over it if you like, Esquire, anyone who believes you deserves to be misled.

That's right. Run because you're about to get blasted.

I took my "crap" from the debka files, a legitmate Israeli newsosurce for espionage and politics while you just run your yap.

DU science is junk science? You'll believe anything your masters tell you while reality defies you right in the face.

Don't have the backbone to join? Look, why am I gonna fight some bogus war in some god-forsaken toxic desert in 120 degree weather with a rucksack on my back so the president and his buddies can get rich? I just feel bad for the guys over that had no other options.

Continue to spew your bile while I continue to bring the truth with information people can verify.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Colonel....you are like a day late and a dollar short dude!
This crap that you are serving has already been served......yesterday!
There is thread on this already and it has been sufficiently answered.....your bring day old bread to the table.....
Get caught up and read a few threads and topics so you can try to get back current...or is that a Democrat thing?

regards
seekerof

Doesn't make it any less true.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   
It makes me wonder why ARABS even look up to a murder.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 10:51 PM
link   
So the Ace was in a hole.

Elect Bush for 2004. More prosperity!

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Eplur,

you're back!

so tell me is Hillary the leading AC candidate?

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Well, Osama Bin Laden, according to Blair and Bush, will be easier to find now, because the U.S. can change focus from Iraq to finding Osama - wherever he may be.

-wD

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Sensory Deprivation

Torture

Insanity

Paranoia

Like i said,

I have no real problem with 'you' doing this..

It just that it seems that you have..

As you cant face the facts, the reality that you are doing this, and that this is torture.

Cant face the truht, cant admit it, cant be a man.

It seems that mommy didnt tell to the George junior (and to many other Americans..) that real men dont lie, they face up the consequences of their acts.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join