It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

close encounter video gives me the jeebees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
what do you guys think? can this be faked? and if it can you have to explain to me how...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I dunno how you would be able to fake that... It has got me beat.

When i saw the first couple of frames i said 'remote control model UFO', because i have one, and they can be fairly intimidating at night, but this thing roles and rotates in the air and flies a lot smoother than any RC UFO. Not to mention RC UFO's don't have that many lights.

It really reminds me of the roller mines on Half-life 2 the computer game, but i doubt many of the ATS regulars have played it.

Great find!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Why is this considered a close encounter, all I see is a couple of lights in a distance moving away from the camera man. This has all the signs of a hoax, it’s not all difficult to duplicate this video and since it’s on you tube I am even more convinced that it’s a hoax.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
well could be a ufo if aliens are the size of ants... the thing flies right up to the camera, give me a freaking break

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Cant get more fake than this. The spinning top with lights is stationary, except for spinning until the :27 second mark where there is a convenient EDIT. Amazingly after that cut in footage, the fake ufo starts to move upwards and behind the tree.

Clearly a hoax. . yet again.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Seems way too good to be true. way too good footage.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
the footage is crisp, clear, and flawless.

so far nobody has been able to explain how such a thing could have been faked, so i will continue to believe its real.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
If that's how you want to look at it, do you believe huge floating invisible teddy-bears are real? You should untill you recieve proof they don't......(if your consistent)

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
wanna believe - but this just screams "fake"! A disco ball with a light in it, suspended by a buddy, posted to U-tube for a thrill. Even lay, non-ATSers are screaming "fake". Read the comments below the video...

Nothing more here, IMO.

*sigh* still waiting...waiting...

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
It could be faked very easily. All you need is a framework of wood or metal rotating around an axis held by another person behind the trees. One light in the middle and four at each edge. Voila ! One spinning UFO in the woods.

Notice that it never moves much in a vertical plane. Consistent with something held by a person. The apparent motion "toward" the camera looks to be from zoom, as the trees also appear "larger" at the same time.

Also, the different spin rate seems odd for a manufactured flying object. It seems more consistent with something spun by hand that slows down, then is twirled again.

Not to mention that a "five-minut clip" was promised "soon", and it's been 3 months already. Where is it?

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracymaster
what do you guys think? can this be faked? and if it can you have to explain to me how...

www.youtube.com...

My guess would be dress a buddy all in black and give him a weird disco-ball light-thingy you bought at Spencer's Gifts. Send him out into the woods while you grab your camera.

Gee, that would explain the serious lack of reaction from the cameraman when it passed within 5 feet of him.

You asked for a way to fake it and so that has been delivered.

My goodness.

Cuhail

PS, Welcome to ATS, home of the 5 post debunking!

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Yea seriously if that something weird like that came right up to me, I wouldn't just stand there, I'd book! Its really hard to make out anything the video it real dark just everything is fake about it. Its a natural human reaction too.. something weird and unknown comes up to you in a dark forest you are going to start backing off. # man if a raccoon was rustling around in bushes I'd get freaked out

[edit on 18-1-2007 by The Nacum]

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
This seems too small in relation to everything around it to house aliens unless they are very small.

It could be some type of probe that collects samples or something of that nature.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Does anyone know what the boy was saying in the begining? all I heard was a muffled sound then What. Anyone else here this?

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Not that its true, which i dont believe it is but some of you guys seem to think that any craft that may come to earth will have an alien inside it.. the easiest and most efficient way to explore is by using a robotic probe or drone.. come on think lmao..

new topics

top topics

join