It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Green Flash in the sky

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
UDM

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Ok the background to this story is that I was walking to Whataburger since my car is frozen by all the ice here in San Antonio, Texas. As I'm walking my friends and I noticed a strange green flash that has shades of blue, light up the night sky. this happened twice the second being a little more intense that the first. Both seem to come from the direction of the city yet no news on it yet.

Sorry I have no pics happened kinda fast, and mods move this were ever it should be.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
How long ago was this?

Was it a flash like sheet lightning flash that lights up the whole sky, or a isolated flash in an area?

kix

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
if this are the lights in the sky Dark Knight refered to...Man I will pack my things up and hide in a cave!!

UDM

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
ok It was about 10 or 20 mins ago. it wasn't very bright but it was a flash that went though the clouds. It's been raining all day so there are a lot of clouds, so it might have been sheet lighting. What I saw was a bright green area in the distance that light up the entire sky above me in a green blue color, kinda faint because I am pretty far way from the center of the light.

edit: what was this Dark Knight talking about? I can't find this topic

[edit on 16-1-2007 by UDM]

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by UDM
ok It was about 10 or 20 mins ago. it wasn't very bright but it was a flash that went though the clouds. It's been raining all day so there are a lot of clouds, so it might have been sheet lighting. What I saw was a bright green area in the distance that light up the entire sky above me in a green blue color, kinda faint because I am pretty far way from the center of the light.

Well, sheet lightning doesn't show up green. It was just an example. Interesting story, so it was over Austin?

About the D4rk Kn1ght thing, he basically said that when lights start showing up above major cities the world is about to end... thats it in a nutshell.

I wouldn't worry about that. Just listen to local talk-back radio if there is any to see if anyone calls in about it.

UDM

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr

Originally posted by UDM

Well, sheet lightning doesn't show up green. It was just an example. Interesting story, so it was over Austin?

About the D4rk Kn1ght thing, he basically said that when lights start showing up above major cities the world is about to end... thats it in a nutshell.

I wouldn't worry about that. Just listen to local talk-back radio if there is any to see if anyone calls in about it.

No this was over San Antonio, I'm north or the city and came from south. I will listen to some radio stations. Just wondering if anyone has seen this or knew what it was.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
It sounds kind of creepy, like war of the worlds creepy

Ok, so it was San Antonio, thanks for clearing that up. I've got no idea about American cities, so i just assumed because of the Texas thing.

Let us know if you hear or see anything else

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
With the ice storm you are having in that part of the country I think you saw power transformers blowing up. We saw the same thing in Kansas City
several years ago in a bad ice storm.

UDM

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by u4itornot
With the ice storm you are having in that part of the country I think you saw power transformers blowing up. We saw the same thing in Kansas City
several years ago in a bad ice storm.

thats what I thought at first, but would it light up that much of the sky and look like it came from the sky?

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
When I saw them they really lit up the sky!

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I live about 500 and something miles from you, In El Paso. I've seen the same lights. They looked a bit off into the distance, except, the green lights I saw, were out in the desert. They looked as if the sun was BARLY about to come up, for a split second. It lit half the sky with a green light. I've seen this about 4 times, on different occasions.

I remember when I was young, we were driving home and it seemed like a green ball of light hit our truck, although nothing happened, it just disapeared. To this day I will never forget, nor can we figure out what it was.

Wierd stuff.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Very intresting, i saw a similar story that happen in Australia that also report a green light that was odd, it had many witbneses and was odd just like yours.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Many moons ago when I was a little Beer_Guy I saw the same green flashes from the clouds during an ice storm. It ended up being the power lines pulling loose from the poles under the weight of the ice.
It was pretty spooky when it happened.
If you don't have a clear line of sight to the wire itself, what you see is the reflection of the flash off the clouds. Makes it look rather spectacular.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
My kids were up late last night playing xbox and my 15 year-old said they saw three consecutive bright white lights from inside the house. I will ask the older ones when they wake up their take on it. I live in north central SA.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beer_Guy
Many moons ago when I was a little Beer_Guy

Wouldnt you have been a Beer_Boy?

I live in Illinois and saw something similer the other night.
It seemed like the sky lit up light green, real briefly like lightning, then a few seconds later the same thing.
As I was driving out of town at the time I wasnt sure if I actually saw anything or if it was the effect of other cars/lights around me.
Curious though, nobody else around here saw anything that I know of.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   

(from www.isc.tamu.edu... )

Actually, you aren't nuts and you aren't hallucinating. The "Green Flash" is a very real ... and well known... weather phenomina. You can find out a lot more about it by googling for... "green flash."

A cute page from Hawaii about watching for them:
www.bestplaceshawaii.com...

Here's a very nice page about them:
mintaka.sdsu.edu...

More... from an observatory:
www.mtwilson.edu...

Here's a gallery of photos:
www.intersoft.it...

Annnnnd... goodole Wikipedia:
en.wikipedia.org...

There's thousands more pages on this! Go! Explore! And congratulate yourself on catching a very unusual natural phenomina!

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
My mom said yesterday morning that she saw a flash of green in the sky, and then a flash of blue. But I don't think she saw the same thing as what you guys are talking about. This was more like the sky entirely lighting up one colour.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
BE ADVISED

This flash was seen by MYSELF above CENTRAL NORWAY at 03:00 - 04:00 (night) at around 2-4 weeks ago. This incident was REPORTED.

Same double-flash of green, and a sound like a JET ENGINE, gradually over 20-30 seconds turning into heavy rumbling sound decreasing in oscillation and increasing in decibels, becoming incredibly loud and ending in several ENORMOUS BANGS (like: BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM! NOT like lightning, which goes "krakaBOOOM" and yeah, you figure out the rest.)

Same WEATHER, low cloudcover, and same light penetrating the EXTREMELY thick cloud cover.

THIS MUST BE AN EFFECT OF A TYPE OF AIRCRAFT PROPULSION SYSTEM

I reported it as illegal discharge of FLARE and BREAKING THE SOUND BARRIER TOO LOW OVER A HEAVILY POPULATED AREA (CITY)

[edit on 17-1-2007 by 732t497654]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I would put money that you saw an Iridium Flare. They can be quite bright. heavensabove.com has a charting that shows when and where the flares will be in the sky. Fun to try and find them.

Some of the flares are so bright you can see then in daytime.

en.wikipedia.org...

UDM

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stockburn
I would put money that you saw an Iridium Flare. They can be quite bright. heavensabove.com has a charting that shows when and where the flares will be in the sky. Fun to try and find them.

Some of the flares are so bright you can see then in daytime.

en.wikipedia.org...

If it was a flare then wouldn't the sky have been lit up longer? most flares I've seen light up of about a minute. Also thanks everyone with all the info it's been helpful. Also I was talking with some friends in Austin and they said they saw a green faint flash last night too. Austin is in the same condition as SA so maybe the same thing?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join