It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Military might

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I just have to say that I'm very impressed. American's are definitely the best army in the world. The way they come in at night and kill their enemies in the dark, they're quick guerilla attack's that devastate their enemys. Even though I'm tottaly against what happened on 9/11, it's just damn impressive to have these guy's fighting for our country, even though America is going to be just an idea in the future.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Are you saying that by having a good military the U.S. is involved in a conspiracy?

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
No, the conspiracy I'm referring to is Bush's recent statement's about America just being an 'Idea'. But I praised our military for being so damn impressive because I play counter strike and starcraft so I'm impressed when war strategies are used in the real world.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by acctnosam
I just have to say that I'm very impressed. American's are definitely the best army in the world. The way they come in at night and kill their enemies in the dark, they're quick guerilla attack's that devastate their enemys. Even though I'm tottaly against what happened on 9/11, it's just damn impressive to have these guy's fighting for our country, even though America is going to be just an idea in the future.

Yeah... I see that now...

Maybe you could help me out some more... Maybe post a link to where "Bush" made such a statement?

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
It is pretty amazing but for decades countries like Iran have schemed ways to take out America. Naturally, I am speaking of unconventional methods. No matter how strong the US's military might be, it is no match for the will of an entire nation ready to die in the name of Allah. The US will be bogged down in Iraq for decades. And that's what they want. They being the ones who had us invade Iraq in the 1st place. As long as there are gun battles, tanks chewing up gas, ect. many people will be getting filthy rich. War and America go together like peanut butter and jelly. it seems like every 10 years the US needs a conflict to fatten their pockets. The US is spending 100's of billions of dollars overseas and good chunk of that change is going to big business...big American businesses.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by LooseLipsSinkShips
The US will be bogged down in Iraq for decades. And that's what they want

Divide and conquer? I cant remember who said it. someone famous? said the only way to defeat a nation as powerful as the us is from within, and thats just what they are doing!

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
www.infowars.com... en_by_april_07.htm

Bush thinks america should be an idea

[edit on 17-1-2007 by acctnosam]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iwasneverhere

Originally posted by LooseLipsSinkShips
The US will be bogged down in Iraq for decades. And that's what they want

Divide and conquer? I cant remember who said it. someone famous? said the only way to defeat a nation as powerful as the us is from within, and thats just what they are doing!

Just like the Romans!

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by acctnosam
Bush thinks america should be an idea

i'm not sure if you actually bothered reading the article you have linked, but there are no quotes from "Bush." There is a rather interesting pontification by Tom Tancredo, and he is quoted quite often... But alas, your claim to a "statement" is not supported.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
It also makes a revolution virtually impossible if we ever want one. Ever think about that?

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mushroom Fields Forever
It also makes a revolution virtually impossible if we ever want one. Ever think about that?

Can you please dive deeper into what you're saying. I don't quite grasp what you meant. How does it make things virtually impossible if we ever want a revolution and what is it?

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I was just saying that our military might is so great that if we ever wanted to completely reform our government to the point of revolution we would be annihilated. If all these lies and corruption go on for too long I would like to think that the people would wake up and do somehing about it.

Our success as a nation is a bitter sweet one because all this wealth and power that our leaders have is just going to slow down the changes and reforms that our country is supposed to have.

I'm not going to go into other conspiracies too much, but think about this. With all the advanced weaponry and technology that the the government has complete control of, any psycho leader that wants to take over the world has the ways and the means to do so. There is enough secrecy and lies and deception in the government to allow this to happen, imo. So once some lunatic gets in power in america and decides he wants to be the next hitler, he has all the tools to do so. How can ANYONE stop the US military. If there is a leader we don't like and we want him out how do we go about doing this? I don't know about you but I wouldn't trust anyone in congress to really step in and actually accomplish something.

The best defense against tyranny is a well armed populous, but how do pistols and shotguns have any chanse against missiles and apache helicopters. We have nothing to defend ourselves against something like this. If you believe in any type of world gov conspiracy then this should be a very real possibility.

The writers of the constitution wanted to allow another revolution to be possible, but it really isn't.

My point is basically that nobody can stop the US even if everyone in the US wants to stop, and I think that is pretty clear at the present time.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Is this some form of sarcasm or are you some sort of troll? Be honest. I don't trust you.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The men and women who fly those Apaches and Hold those Guns have families that live in this country. They would never attack their own nation no matter what a leader said. I believe that even if someone tried to incorporate their own agenda in the mdist of America and develop some type of Martial law/ Dictatorship and ordered our troops to attack Americans many of them Wouldn't hear it nor follow those orders. All of those troops are there to protect this country and its people not the opposite.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The problem is, simply, that people need to carry out these orders. Generals themselves would revolt.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
The problem is, simply, that people need to carry out these orders. Generals themselves would revolt.

I'd have to say this in rebuttal...Where do you draw the line if a situation like this happened? Yes from the top down, Generals ..down to infantry orders are to be had but I ask again where do you draw the line? There would be a revolt at some period, especially if citizens lives are at stake.

[edit on 17-1-2007 by antmax21]

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
You do know the US army is over stretched and falling apart right? I mean they can't even get their soldiers and vehicles armour.... welcome to the real world

new topics

top topics

join