It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Judges Forces Government UFO Disclosure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I remember reading about a lawsuit in regards to UFO Disclosure in Federal court. I don't think this is the one I recall, but I am still searching for it. The one the I remember the judge said something like "I don't believe the public is ready for what I have read" then the case was closed. It was in the news because I remember reading about it.

But this is another case I knew about. This is the 1997 mass sighting in Phoenix Arizona where many people wanted answers.

This particular case is really weird, the federal judge agrees with plantiff on February 16, 2000, then on March 30, 2000 dismisses the case in favor of defendant. I don't know if any of you are familiar with federal court systems time frames but this one is strange, because typically it usually takes many many months for any type of decision and will go back and forth for years sometimes. It was shut and closed in a matter of less than 2 months, not anything close to standard Federal Court docket protocol.

Anyhow here is info I found.

Federal Judge Rules in Favor of Plantiff on February 16, 2000

In a decision that is certain to put a frown on the faces of several officials within the Department of Defense, a United States District Court Judge in Phoenix has agreed with a UFO activist group and ordered the Department of Defense to provide additional affidavits, detailing the specifics of its search, to the group by March 17th.

Federal Judge Dismisses Case March 30, 2000

A federal judge in Phoenix has granted the government's request to dismiss a lawsuit brought by a group of UFO activists for information about a very unusual triangular-shaped aerial object.

[edit on 16-1-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
There are a number of reasons why the time frame may be so close.

First, the issue in this case was a relatively simple one; all the judge needed to determine was whether the search conducted by DoD of their records was sufficient. Honestly, the law was against CAUS on this one, and the issue was rather cut and dry. It therefore did not require a lot of research by the judge to come to his conclusion; he may have just taken much of his opinion wholesale from the DoD's brief.

Second, the appeal was heard by only one judge, which makes for a quick decision when you don't have a large number of judges on the case. The appeal was not heard en banc, meaning with the full panel of judges (there are 25 or so on the Ninth Circuit), which would have delayed a final judgment for possibly many months. And it is possible that the District Court's ruling, which was released in January, was very close to the beginning of the term for the Appeals Court, which allowed it to get on the docket unusually quickly.

If you're interested, the citation is 21 Fed.Appx. 774. "Fed.Appx." means that it's in the Federal Appendix, which is essentially a blackhole of Federal jurisprudence. As to whether that is significant I will leave to the reader.

new topics

join