It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Terrorist Cell in Central Pennsylvania.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
WARNING: The following information/story is at the current moment unconfirmed. This is a third party source until I can get the name and verify the following information. So at this time I will be seeking information from the community here at ATS. The following has apparently taken place in State College, Pennsylvania.

I have just received a phone call from my sister; she works for a company that is irrelevant for this story. She had been talking with one of her co-workers who told her the following story that happened hours before he was talking with my sister. The Co-worker was speaking with his friend whom owns an apartment building. The guy told him that he had been trying to receive rent from a Middle Eastern tenant. This is a very diverse college community so the fact that he was Middle Eastern means nothing at this point. After trying to receive payment that was about a month late he sent one of his employees over to the apartment. The employee also had to do some maintenance work in the apartment as well so after no one came to the door he used his key and entered the apartment. What he found there was nothing. One chair occupied the apartment that has been lived in for eight months. This immediately made the employee suspicious so he left and told his boss about it. The boss called the police and the police came. After a few hours the FBI showed up and took over the investigation. Now the owner of the apartment building refused to divulge any further information but did inform his friend that his wife and kids have left town.

As I said before I cannot verify this story, so I have brought it here to see if anyone that may live near State College, Pennsylvania knows or has heard about any of this. I was unable to find anything on the news about this but I didn’t expect too. I am trying to get the gentleman’s name so I can find out which apartment building this took place in and then I can ask the other tenants for further information. If you have heard or know anything about this please respond to this thread or U2U me and I will post any updates on this thread.

Speculation: If this story turns out to be a work of non-fiction then at this point I can only speculate about the intentions of any terrorists in this area. State College is home to the Pennsylvania State University. The University is a major recipient for Federal and Military research grants. More importantly it has a small nuclear test reactor. The reactor would probably not yield enough material for the construction of a nuclear bomb but would be an excellent source to make a dirty bomb. Not only that but the town is somewhat small and would increase the terror throughout the country.

join