It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God without religion.......a truth book

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
This book is perhaps one of the most important to read for all people. Don't let the title fool you. This man has answers for every question you can think of.
Logical answers that he has studied himself. No matter if you don't believe in anything there is something in this book that will make you think. No matter what religion or belief system you have.

Go here and read some of the reviews and who wrote the review.

www.amazon.com...=1-1/qid=1168917538/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-5503338-8364731?ie=UTF8&s=boo ks

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Religion is not a necessity for God. It is a fallacy to believe that one needs to be religious in order to be close to God.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Absolutely, Speaker! I know this is true from personal first-hand experience and also I have a couple of close friends who also told me their own experiences of validation of this fact. I say 'fact' because even objectively it is true; and will be shown ever more clearly in the times ahead. But religion precludes the chance for 'objectivity' by creating false divisions.

And that is how I know without a doubt that all man's religions will fail and the houses fall - not the people in them but the institutional bodies and what they represent. Christ himself said that a house divided against itself cannot stand and there is no world religion nor could there ever be - unless we call true personal religious freedom 'religion.' I think it would be best called 'spirituality.'

We'll see.

In Acts 25:19, in the KJV, there is a word, 'superstition' that is translated as 'religion' in the ISV. And the other times we find religion in the KJV it is from a word that basically means 'demonstrative piety.' And Christ warned against that when he delivered the One Sermon (Matthew 5-7). I say One sermon because it is good for even those who don't believe in God - take the word God out and still the advice is wiser than anything we hear from the pulpit these days and more practically applicable than any self-help book. It is about action, not creeds, dogma, and words. Having delivered the one perfect sermon, all that is left for any of us is to hear the words as we do our best to follow them in deed.

I call religion 'superstitious politics' - to me that is a perfect description. And I say that as a person who fully and completely trusts only in the ONE living God yet is under the pretense of no religious affiliation whatsoever. I have nothing to defend in order to maintain my inclusion in this or that group and have no reason to judge or discourage anyone from approaching His throne. More time to follow the path that God lays out ahead of me...one step at a time, line by line and brick by brick!

We all have our path - it is the GATE that is narrow and if we are unique and our cultures diverse then surely it is for His own good pleasure - variety is the spice of life! But there is only ONE destination so where else can we go? We are either wandering in circles, making a bee-line, or refusing to budge one inch. The wandering is what we do when we can't see clear - and if we don't progress then we are spiritually dead. God doesn't come to us but draws us near to Him. If we stop in the road and hold our necks stiffly - and refuse to further our journey, then we've detained ourselves in 'hell.' I think being happy with the road you see and knowing it leads to God (regardless of religious critics) is the same as being in 'heaven.'

God bless you guys!

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Religion is not a necessity for God. It is a fallacy to believe that one needs to be religious in order to be close to God.

You have voted SpeakerofTruth for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

though i completely disagree with the whole "God" thing, i find this statement more than deserving

people need to learn to seperate themselves from group idealogy
develop their own ideas
come on theists, you believe your respective deities gave you rational minds, so use them!

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Wow, are you three set in your ways. Gezzzz, It's just a book, you don't read
books anymore?
This book is not about religious criticism. One might say those who think they know everything, know far, far less. I for one try to learn more each day.

Just look over the reviews. Sure I know reviews are just opinions, but at least they have the time to read it.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I think they were just saying that what this book is about, is the same thing as they believe.

If not, well... To me it looks the same. Sorry if I'm wrong, lol.

I read the reviews it looks like anyone can take something from it. By the time I hit the bookstore again, I dunno. I have a ton of other stuff to read first.

Care to tell us about some of the ideas in the book? I probably won't get around to reading it anytime soon.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I agree. We don't need religion to find God. Kind of where Christianity comes in...it's often argued to not be a religion; I see it that way. Just a relationship--pure and true.

top topics

join