It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012, whats the story?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Forgive me if this has been done to death.

I was wondering about 2012 and Ive read here a couple of times and in other places that psychics cant see past that date.

Is it because they can only see so far into the future or is it due to some
untold disaster that befalls us around that time and there is nothing to see?

Or is it just hogwash?

Personally I hope not, because besides the obvious threat of mass destruction,
It also means that our lives have a set pattern (concerning all walks of psychic readings as well) which we cant avoid.

And if thats the case it means that no matter what decisions we choose, It will lead us to what ever we are meant to do, and essentially have no control over our lives.

Any ideas?

Ta.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Well, from what I can gather, there are three things that may take place in 2012... (1) Absolutely nothing at all. This theory is the one that most subscribe to. For one, it is the most convenient and historically the most likely.

(2) Total destruction.... Generally taken to be either from a nuclear war or some natural disaster that finally wipes us out.

(3) A transition from the third dimension into the fourth. This is the one that, if not the one I believe in,I hope occurs. This is where the vibrational level of the earth and most on it transposes into a whole new reality.

Now, if the first one is true, then it really makes no sense that the psychics cannot see beyond it. However, if the psychics are frads, as can be the case, then it would make complete sense.

For the second and third options,it makes perfect sense that the psychics could not give any info past that point. If number 2 occurs, then there is nothing left to see. If number three occurs, it is out of the realm of possibility for them to see it at this point in time.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
It's like the Y2K thing. Its way too overblown.

Rumor and conjecture spin out of control, via the internet, and are fueled by profiteering authors and website owners looking to capitalize.

Want to stick it to "The Man"? Get smart and stop filling the wallets of snake oil salesmen.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Speaker of truth, can you expand on scenerio 3? How are we going to be able
to transport to the 4th dimension?

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod
Speaker of truth, can you expand on scenerio 3? How are we going to be able
to transport to the 4th dimension?

It's a predominant theory that was standard before all of this doom and gloom about 2012 started taking place. Read Fitzgerald's Nothing in this book is true,but it's exactly the way things are for a better understanding of prospect number three.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
You ask, What's the Story of 2012

2012 is a Mayan calendar date, which is a period of days,

the beginning of the present Mayan cycle/calendar was in 3114 BCE,
the Mayan calendar is made up of 13 lesser cycles of 144,000 days each.
(so that 144,000 X 13 = 1,872,000 days)
therefore 3114 BCE +1,872,000 days will result in 21 Dec 2012 in our timekeeping as the completion of the Mayan 'Long Count' or 'Great Cycle'

Mayan religion & cosmology tells us that there were 3 previous "Long Count' calendars,
(each lasting the required ~5,139.44 solar years)

+ the first Long Count ended with major changes in the lands/ 'earth'...etc
+ the second Long Count ended with major planetary change by 'fire'.....etc
+ the third Long Count ended with major social changes by water, 'flood' story?
this, the 4th creation period [i.e., Long Count or Great Cycle is supposed to have begun in 3114 BCE in our timekeeping, aka: 4 Ahua in Mayan timekeeping & known as the Long Count of the 'Jaguar" will end on our 21 Dec 2012]
+ this, the 4th Long Count is to end with major planetary change by 'wind'

then, as the Mayan timekeeping Priests, Seers, Shaman tell us, that on the next day.... 22 December 2012-
will begin the 5th & final Mayan cycle/calendar, Long Count....
A Long Count they call the "Final Sun"

that's the jist of 2012,

the gloom & doom-ists tell only of the calamities & disasters that can/may/could happen.
we are told that this 'Jaguar' age will end in death destruction calamity etc.
but if you look closer, the Mayan tell us that in their worldview,
the previous (& current) ages the world was changed by the forces of nature "Earth-Fire-Water- Air"...which are the 4 'elements' found in our material world...
the 5th 'element' is what?
the Maya 5th World age is known as what?

as far as i can extrapolate from Maya mythology/religion/prophecy/timekeeping
we have another +5,139.44 years of future ahead of us, the 5th world age aka; the Final Sun

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I believe that 2012 is when the earth will be taken over by the aliens. I am not sure if it will be peaceful ones that take over in order to save us and the planet, or mean ones who want Earth for themselves. I believe if there is some galactic federation or anything, that with the horrible condition the Earth will be in by 2012, they will grant permission for another race to take over the planet. Also, i think that the abduction stuff is related, and that the hybrids they have been engineering for years will be our replacements if they choose to destroy us, or our superiors if they just take over. I also believe the government is in the know about this and that they have agreements for certain people to be saved when the aliens do come. that is why they allow the aliens to come abduct us in that treaty or whatever they made back in the day. So prepare for attack!

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
i think that we will shift dimensions. however what in the hell are dimensions? i have some ideas on what they are but i want a full explenation

top topics

join