It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramids......sound and water???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
shrunken,

cool thoughts my friend,
I find them amazing as well, but that's just my opinion and I think that to be taken seriously by the more knowledgeable people on this site, you are of course way out of your mind. Wait, maybe you are claiming to be a levitationalist. you mention history, are you now claiming to be a historian as well....

I am joking of course but be careful, there's a troll on this forum that will try to challenge you to anything you say just to be a caustic pain in the butt!

Anyway, welcome to the forum, ATS, and thanks for the post....Peace, Mondo

[edit on 16-1-2007 by Mondogiwa]

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Thanks for the warm welcome dude

As with any truth seeking, there are ALWAYS going to be people who just shout back at you because they "know" better. I don't claim to know the truth, or be anywhere near it, but i do think i've reached a decent understanding of what reality etc is all about. Providing material evidence for the scientists is difficult, if not sometimes impossible to do, but hey, im following my intuition, and it hasnt let me down yet!

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
your claim that we don't know how the pyramids were built is one made py pseudo historians in order to sell books
we have known how they were built since they were built
even herodotus said

"At first, it (the pyramid) was built with steps, like a staircase....The stones intended for use in constructing the pyramids were lifted by means of a short wooden scaffold. In this way they were raised from the earth to the first step of the staircase; there they were laid on another scaffold, by means of which they were raised to the second step. Lifting devices were provided for each step, in case these devices were not light enough to be easily moved upward from step to step once the stone had been removed from them. I have been told that both methods were used, and so I mention them both here. The finishing-off was begun at the top, and continued downward to the lowest level."

so there goes that idea

I am joking of course but be careful, there's a troll on this forum that will try to challenge you to anything you say just to be a caustic pain in the butt!

the motto of this forum is "deny ignorance"
you don't like being denied
then don't be ignorant
fyi a troll is typified by someone who starts posts to forward their agenda
that describes you and not me
the other thing that defines troll activities is claiming that people who disagree with them are trolls
that describes you better than me as well
got a bridge have you ?

Kings chamber resonates to an F# note

you're saying that limestone resonates to music ?
hmmm
lol

it was the beginning of hidding information for power and control, and thats why they have the pyramid as their logo

so you're saying that a secret organisation advertises itself on dollar bills

If you look at other bits of information, such as the Bible and its relation to the signs of the Zodiac, how Islam/Christianity/Judasim all came out of Egypt

Islam came from Ishmael originally
he was from Ur in mesopotamia
as was Abraham
christianity comes from the teachings of Jesus Christ
and Christ was from Bethelehem
theres quite a famous story that mentions this played by children every christmas, perhaps you've seen it
so none of those are connected to Egypt

why they align to the Orion constellation

actually they don't
thats another unproven hypothesis invented by a pseudohsitorian in order to sell books to gullible people

but please carry on
I'm sure you'll find an audience that thinks you're credible somewhere

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Please lets stick to the topic at hand,

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Wow marduk, what a comedian u are.

The method of pyramid you suggested...care to provide some evidence that this can actually be done? Or how multi ton blocks of stone can be supported by a wooden scaffold.

I said the Kings Chamber resonates, not the limestone. Read what i say properly before you attempt to insult me.

Actually you are wrong about where Christianity etc comes from, because they all do have there roots embedded in ancient Egypt. Israel, for example, has its name taken from 3 Egyptian dieties, Isis, Ra, and El, which when combined; Isis-Ra-El. or, Is-ra-el.

have u even looked at the Pyramids? They match the Orion constellation pretty damn well. Im not saying there is anything more to it, like hancock etc said, but simply that they do match the constellation pattern.

The Illuminati, secret society? Shows how much you know. It is not a society, it is merely a term to account for all the people "at the top" in various positions of power, various secret societies, various government positions etc etc...

They don't need to advertise themselves, they were merely letting Americans know who had just taken control of their banking system.

calling me a troll? ha, thats rich considering what you just posted.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Chill, people.

This is a board where CIVILITY rules and and remarks on the personality of members will be DISCOURAGED.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Chill, people.

This is a board where CIVILITY rules and and remarks on the personality of members will be DISCOURAGED.

Sorry, wasn't trying to start anything, just merely responding to what the guy said. I don't get insulted via the internet, im not that pathetic lol, but i will always respond to someone who tries to demonize what i have said by explaining my view.

2 posts and already i've gotten in the bad books lol

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Israel, for example, has its name taken from 3 Egyptian dieties, Isis, Ra, and El, which when combined; Isis-Ra-El. or, Is-ra-el

no it doesn't
its actually derived from Hebrew yisra'el "he that striveth with God"
www.etymonline.com...

have u even looked at the Pyramids? They match the Orion constellation pretty damn well

no it doesnt
you have to turn the ground plan at Giza upside down and move one of the pyramids to make it fit
www.antiquityofman.com...

calling me a troll? ha, thats rich considering what you just posted

I didn't call you a troll
Mondogiwa called me one
i was merely denying it by pointing out that he was acting like one

The method of pyramid you suggested...care to provide some evidence that this can actually be done? Or how multi ton blocks of stone can be supported by a wooden scaffold.

www.youtube.com...

The Illuminati, secret society? Shows how much you know.

The Illuminati is the name of groups, modern and historical, real and fictitious, verified and alleged. Most commonly The Illuminati refers specifically to the Bavarian Illuminati, an Enlightenment secret society. However, it often refers to a shadowy conspiratorial organization which is reputed to secretly control world affairs

en.wikipedia.org...

anytime you think you can back your claims with credible links you let me know
til then
you are just displaying an extreme ignorance of the facts

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
why people like marduk continue to be able to post on this board is mind boggling to me

i was reading this thread to gain some knowledge, hope we could brainstorm, and then comes marduk, everyone here knows what happens when he posts, and it is a hindrence to this board. plain and simple. this is not marduk's fault he is who he is and he posts in a manner consistent with his personality, he may be intelligent also, but who knows. i just don't get why he is allowed to continue hijacking threads with his blatent disrespect for other members time and time and time again.

i think this is a wonderful topic and i don't think i am alone with my views.

new ideas are always scrutinized and others ask people to back things up when the general population is not educated on the possible methods which may be needed to describe these ideas and scientists seem to be only willing to put evidence in a box regarding history kind of like they have to fit agendas, similiar to the way politicians are weary of some shadowy gov't that rules in secrecy

The ruling class has the schools and press under its
thumb. This allows it to sway the emotions of the
masses."
-Albert Einstein

"The real rulers in Washington are invisible and
exercise power from behind the scenes."
-Justice Felix Frankfurter, US Supreme Court Justice

"Some of the biggest men in the United States, in the field of commerce and manufacture, are afraid of something. They know that there is a power somewhere so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they had better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it." - Woodrow Wilson

[edit on 16-1-2007 by cpdaman]

[edit on 16-1-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
thats odd
I am the only person in this entire thread who has backed what i say with links
your last post on the other hand was a personal attack against me and contained no other information
and you're saying you think I should be banned
know thyself

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Just thought i'd put my two cents in....

Marduk has been nothing but insulting to Mondogiwa. You have no more knowledge than he does. How can you dispute his degree just because he has come up with a fascinating idea? And that is all it is... an idea... no different to the other fascinating idea that men carried 40 ton blocks with no help but hands.

I have seen from a lot of members nothing BUT ignorance in this thread.

Regards

God of Kratom.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I dont know Pyramids, water, who cares we have bigger problems to deal wiht at the moment

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Marduk has been nothing but insulting to Mondogiwa

actually i have already resolved my differences with Mondogiwa by u2u
are you saying you want to be next
so far your contribution to this thread has been a perosnal attack against me
thats the third so far
this makes me the underdog
i like that position
I do bite

You have no more knowledge than he does

you are basing this on what
the fact that I have answered his original question with more detail than any other poster here or your personal belief that I am a nasty person
grow up

How can you dispute his degree just because he has come up with a fascinating idea?

he has a degree in anthropology
he is talking about physics and egyptology
can you work out on your own what I'm saying here ?

no different to the other fascinating idea that men carried 40 ton blocks with no help but hands.

no one at any time has claimed that about the pyramids
are you making this up as you go along or can you link to a site that claims that the egyptians moved the blocks with their bare hands and no other equipment

I have seen from a lot of members nothing BUT ignorance in this thread.

thats a bit of a blanket statement GodofKratom
you are saying that everyone but you is ignorant
is this because your post was a personal attack against me or because you just insulted everyone in it with that statement that you don't count yourself as Ignorant
please explain your reasoning on that
thanks
M

just to recap
Mondogiwa stated

I am of the thought process that humans have been around much longer than previously thought and that maybe some sort of cataclysmic (sp?) event happened to wipe out most people in the past, making it start over again. With that in mind, I tend to believe that the ancient Egyptians may have been MUCH more advanced than we thought...and may have had techniques using water and sound to aid in the construction of the pyramids.

clearly this is in error
there have been no great cataclysms in human memory that would make the egyptians more advanced than we know
the history of egyptian civilisation starts officially around 3090bce with the founding of the first dynasty under Narmer or Menes (theyre not entirely sure)
by that point the Sumerian civilsation had flourised for more than 2000 years
so you are asking basically did something happen shortly before 3100bce that affected the whole world with the exception of Mesopotamia where they kept meticulous records of all events
I think you can work out that the odds are astronomical
and before anyone says anything I'm not alluding to a comet strike or a plaanet called Nibiru with that statement

[edit on 16-1-2007 by Marduk]

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk

But IMO your might find some answers that could connect the question with the Sumarians they were a strange culture that had some very clever ways of using "unexplained ways" to solve problems.

there is nothing strange about the Sumerian culture at all
they left behind a lot of texts that explain everything about their culture
www-etcsl.orient.ox.ac.uk...

yeah, the Sumerians were a strange culture

so suddenly you're a sumerologist as well as an anthropologist and an egyptologist
what iyo makes the sumerians a strange culture
been reading Sitchin perhaps

Well if all the texts that they left behind could explain the origins of where they originate from or where their language originated from because as far as the University of San Jose State is concerned it is UNRELATED to any other language in the world? So I find that strange. www.sjsu.edu...

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Mondogiwa very nice thread.

Taking abot a theory and questioning an existing one is one of the things I love about ATS. I don't have a degree in archaeology or antropology even though I read alot and some time I spent days studying and reading. As I said don't have a degree in the above subject but I have a MA in psychology and human behavior and trust me you better try to ignore a certain category of people. People like merda-uk aka marduk are these who are unable to think and deal with the new ideas. Is the same phenomena that has sloted the science today. This person has been for awhile in my ignore list but I read his replies in your quotes. So don't worry. Expressing your self withing the boundaries of the logic and politeness is the best service you do to the members and to this board.

p.s. Still can't understand how is possible that J. Lear got banned for just a 10-th of what merda-uk is showing as disrespect toward members of this board. And why this person is being tolerated to this degree?

[edit on 16-1-2007 by Telos]

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I would like to point out that a few of you should read whatever forum guidelines were made available to you before posting. I'm not a moderator or anything, but just remember the following. The OP is only engaging in pseudoscientific "ideas" because this is what we've all signed up for. Above all things, this is a conspiracy forum. I know you hold it closer than that; being a community of knowledge, growth and deflection from misinformation is a great attribute for an online association such as this, but this isn't misinformation. This is what it is: a place to engage in alternative ideas and look for, in any way possible, solutions and elucidations, and new problems to discover and explore. I'm sure this is what the creators of this discussion board were originally interested in.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telos
p.s. Still can't understand how is possible that J. Lear got banned for just a 10-th of what merda-uk is showing as disrespect toward members of this board. And why this person is being tolerated to this degree?

I'm wondering the same thing.

Mods???

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mondogiwa
1) possible age of human and what i believe human to be??
A) Great point, I suppose it all depends on your definition of human/civilization...

An interesting question since you say you have a degree in Anthropology and specialized in AE. Having gotten a Master's in Anthropology within the past year, I can definately say that this is the first concept we over this in introductory Anthropology courses. In fact, you should be telling us what culture is and isn't and the cultural markers that you consider significant for hominids.

And as to the "dating techniques", could you cite which ones and which specimens you find in error, particularly in dating AE cultures which was part of your degree? Inquiring minds want to know.

I'm simply curious here, since I know that Egyptology goes into dating techniques and the many varieties of them.

But, being as that I mentioned that I think there may have been a major catastrophe to have hit the earth, maybe the fossils are no longer there to be found???

...did they not make you take a general geology course? At my university you can't get out of any degre with an archaeological focus without taking geology. In any case, a single course in geology would have covered this nicely (along with some of the material on dating artifacts.) There've been 5 great extinctions with a variety of causes, including a supervolcano in Siberia and the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs.

Yes, fossil records run through the whole record. The last time the Earth was molten (where "traces of ancient civilizations" would have been destroyed) was 4.5 billion years ago... as the Earth and other planets were cooling down from the time of formation.

My point is, its hard to date what cannot be found yet!

Didn't you do any field work on locating sites? There are a number of ways to identify previously unknown sites.

Theories as to the construction of the pyramids have been around probably since the pyramids themselves, right?

Okay... you claim to have a specialization in Egyptology with an Anthropology degree and now you seem to be unaware of the historical records on this, including ancient sources such as Heroditus. You don't make any mention of the architecture and specific sites and you have no comment on the mastabas and builders such as Imhotep.

You really don't have to soft-pedal this with us, because most of the ones hanging out in here are fairly well read on anthropology and ancient cultures. So you can cite the texts that you find questionable and don't be afraid to namedrop Petrie, Budge (well.. maybe Budge), Iorwerth Edwards, Zakaria and the lot.

How about some specifics, then? What cultural markers do you feel support this kind of technology and what artifacts and texts do you feel also support your thoughts?

You do raise a good point though, why did they not use this all over....I don't know, maybe they did, maybe they did not, maybe they did in certain situations to make the common people think they were gods????? I am putting the cart before the horse I think here, what i am trying to ascertain is the available ideas as to technologies that the ancients may have had.

Uhmmmmmmmm.... would you care to cite some of the AE texts that tend to lead you to this conclusion? (note: I *can* read AE hieroglyphics to some extent.)

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsloan
You really can't rule out any opinion on their technology since we weren't around?

Actually we can, looking at the materials available. The higher the technology, the purer the materials needed because you're replicating some hard to duplicate things.

For instance, you can't duplicate our modern telephones with the technology available to the Roman empire... they couldn't make long-distance fiberoptic cables and they couldn't make microcircuits or make metals and glazes of consistant purity. Even if they had a list of the materials and a diagram, the most sophisticated Roman could not have made a microchip... nor could Leonardo da Vinci, for that matter. The tools and the materials they worked with were just not that consistant.

[edit on 17-1-2007 by Byrd]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by shrunkensimon

They used ramps of earth and brick. The remains of these have been found beside the pyramids (more than one ramp, more than one pyramid) :
ce.eng.usf.edu...

Actually you are wrong about where Christianity etc comes from, because they all do have there roots embedded in ancient Egypt. Israel, for example, has its name taken from 3 Egyptian dieties, Isis, Ra, and El, which when combined; Isis-Ra-El. or, Is-ra-el.

Uhm... no. "Ra" is pronounced "Re" (actually) and there is no "El" deity in Egypt, and "Isis" is the Roman method of writing the name of the goddess. In Egyptian, her name is "Aset."
socsci.colorado.edu...

This Isis-Ra-El is a recent urban legend I'm afraid.

have u even looked at the Pyramids? They match the Orion constellation pretty damn well.

Only if you flip their orientation. In all the images, they rotate the map of the pyramid and then rescale the pyramids so that it will fit. Here's a page with a graphic that makes this point:
www.catchpenny.org...

Wikipedia (on the right hand side) makes notice of this objection (that in order for it to work it has to be scaled and tweaked):
en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join