It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hunting for the Supernatural Bigfoot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Have you ever gone LOOKING for a Bigfoot? Where? When? What was your outcome?

I find it interesting to read stories of all the chance encounters of bigfoot sightings, but I am not interested here in hearing the details about the encounters by chance that can be found elsewhere on the site.

Instead I am more interested in your feelings about that encounter...and how it has stayed with you-affected your life, beliefs, etc.?

Or if you have searched for one intentionally-what was your outcome?

If, by pure chance, people see them while driving down the road, or camping etc...why are they not more easily found when searched for?

I have my own theory that perhaps more than mythical creatures, they are absolutely real, and are also supernatural.

I certainly believe in them-I have seen/heard more evidence for, than against, their existance, and have my own theories I will share one day. I've never seen one though. I wish to. I would go on an expedition to seek one-but believe it would be fruitless.

I know many native American's believe sighting one is an omen of immenient change. For a person, tribe, nation, the world, etc.

So perhaps that is why they can't be found as easily when sought for. Perhaps it is more when they have a message, they are able to be seen, or allow themselves to be seen-for whom that message is intended. A message more for the soul at times, than the mind.

What do you think? Know? Believe? Have experienced? What was going on in your life at the time, and what happened after the sighting?

Have you looked for one-and sighted one?

Have you sighted one by chance, and felt it was almost like an omen and premonition incarnate?

Finally for those who have sighted one and claim great fear-why the fear?

Would a bear scare you as much? Or is it that there is *something* supernatural (for a lack of better term) about them that unnerves you at your core, the way a sighting of an alien, or a demon etc might?

How do you FEEL about Bigfoot?

[edit on 16-1-2007 by 2l82sk8]

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I personally believe that they are simply another evolutionary result, the 'gap' between apes and humans.

They are far smarter than any other ape-like creature on this planet, and i believe that is why they are so hard to find.

Here in Australia there is a team that hunts them for a living, and has good results.

Yowie Hunters

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I’ve told the story here a few times of the night I came across a Bigfoot. I’ve explained how I pushed the gas to the floor and didn’t slow down until I was in the lights of the next town.

The fear I felt when I saw this thing went all the way to my bones. It was a primal fear of flight at all costs. I don’t know why I felt it anymore than why I saw the Bigfoot in the first place. All I really know is the fear was overpowering and I had to get away. As I screamed down the highway as fast as my old hoopie would go I kept looking in the rear view mirror to see if it was chasing me.

I know a guy at work who also claims to have encountered a Bigfoot while in the forest with a friend. He describes the same fear but he was frozen in his tracks. Afraid to run and more afraid his friend would and leave him alone with the thing. Eventually it moved off into the woods and then they ran.

He describes the same feeling I felt, an overwhelming primal fear of imminent danger and certain death.

We have both also replied to people we’ve told the story to in the same way. When they say they would have offered it fruit or tried to get close we have both told them, “No you would not have. You’d have done the same thing we did. You’d have freaked out.”

I feel sorry for the Bigfoot and don’t blame it for avoiding mankind at all costs. When it encounters a human the human will either start shooting, punch the accelerator of their vehicle to the floor or simply freak out if they have no other option. I believe we are by far more of a danger to it than it is to us. We are the ones that lose control during an encounter.

Would I ever hunt for one? No. I’ve seen one and that was all the experience I ever want to have with a Bigfoot for the rest of my days. One encounter was more than enough for me.

wupy

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
He describes the same feeling I felt, an overwhelming primal fear of imminent danger and certain death...

...I believe we are by far more of a danger to it than it is to us. We are the ones that lose control during an encounter.

Interesting thread. I used to think that I would like to have an encounter with a BigFoot, but after realizing how huge they are I decided I would have that fear as described above.
I've encountered bears while hiking, natural in the forest. No problem. Maybe when, to modern peoples, Bigfoot seems as natural in the forest as bears I wouldn't be afraid.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Thanks for the link fooffstarr

More resources are always appreciated.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing your honest feelings of primal fear.

I have heard that alot. That basic deep down inexplicable primal fear and desire to "get away" as fast as possible-even if a sudden chance viewing from a window. Danger-and the desire to escape it. An adrenelin rush that has someone fleeing before they process the sighting even.

What I wonder though, is could it possibly be misinterpreted fear?

What I mean is, could the vision-or sighting-of a Bigfoot be an ominous omen of change that of course with no way to communicate it with us intellectually, communicates such danger, or change, or imminent threat, instantly at a core level just by the mere sight of it, or even telepathically-but basically, not specifically, so all we get is a message of inexplicable fear?

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Desert- yeah I get bears in my backyard-I think they're cool and have no problem with them either...well unless they are ripping in half my huge Rubbermade trashcan lids and dragging the can into the woods to destroy it and strew trash everywhere...then I get a little miffed. LOL

But fear? No. Bears are beautiful creatures...from the safety of my kitchen window at least, or I'd think with my dog to warn of too close an encounter while picking berries or something.

I honestly don't think I'd be that scared with a bigfoot either though.

Sure, some apprehension, some thinking of how do I best escape this situation if needed, and depending on if my sighting was from a cabin or house window, car, or just out in the woods...and then...how close the proximity?

Certainly I've yet to hear personal accounts of being hospitalized after some vicious attack by a bigfoot- yet.

So I remain too damn curious to really fear it or run...I *think*.

I honestly believe-hope-that I'd be able to calmly walk away, or appear to, to duck and hide, and ultimately try to observe it for as long as possible...if it were just a creature, a mammal and were not supernatural...puting the fear of God and the Universe into me. LOL

Ah, but that is the biggest question for me...animal...evolutionary gap (gone awry as a stuck in time species) as fooffstarr was saying, or supernatural being. (with poor hygiene LOL)

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I think the most possible reason why bigfoots could exist is do to the amount of undeveloped land still in North America. I mean the gap between Notrthern California and southern British Columbia has massive mountain ranges with a low human presence. It is estimated that the population of bigfoots are anywhere between 3000 - 4000 (last time I heard) Even in other parts of North America it would be very easy to hide a small population like that, especialy since they don't seem to travel in packs.

But if you think you have a good sence of where you might encounter one (If you are brave enough lol) then by all means try it...very few people have been attacked by them.

PS: make sure u bring a camera!

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerve
PS: make sure u bring a camera!
LOL! Yeah what is with all the sightings and lack of serious photographs?

Actually I rarely forget to take a camera or two anywhere, so that wouldn't be a problem for me-if I went on a Bigfoot expedition, I'd have at least 3. Though I did just leave my 35mm Cannon on a recent trip and my stinkin' digital is injured and requiring surgery I believe...my older Minolta is having issues as well...so I wont go looking for Bigfoot just yet, until I get my gear together. But boy I wish I could one day.

Until then-I really wish I could hear more stories.

Thanks for the population info...I hadn't heard it was figured at 3000-4000 in the mountains ranges from Cali-to-BC...where'd you come by that info?

[edit on 6-2-2007 by 2l82sk8]

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
2l82sk8, I wish you well on your BigFoot quest. I hope you do see one.

I have read a few reports where the person(s), while extremely excited and slightly fearful, is able to intentionally observe the BigFoot. Instead of a brief sighting where the BigFoot is unable to be located again, some get a chance to view it for a longer period.

Don't know if this site can be helpful to you
BFRO

Here's something interesting I came across
sounds

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Thanks for the population info...I hadn't heard it was figured at 3000-4000 in the mountains ranges from Cali-to-BC...where'd you come by that info?

It was from one of the best movies I have ever watched about bigfoot which I rented from my local library. The name of the movie escapes me at the moment but I will see if I can find it. It made me believe in bigfoot and was very logical and informative. It covered all the videos that have ever captured "Bigfoot" on tape.

It is amazing what a little research at your local library can do!

[edit on 6-2-2007 by Nerve]

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   

It was from one of the best movies I have ever watched about bigfoot which I rented from my local library. The name of the movie escapes me at the moment but I will see if I can find it.

Yes, please get back to me with that title! Thanks.

It is amazing what a little research at your local library can do!

Yes, well, it's equally amazing what little research can be done at a small village library.
Not to mention impossible with two young kids in tow!

But I could call around to neighboring towns and cities until I found the video and just go pick it up if I had the title-thanks!

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Bigfoot / [videorecording] produced by 44 Blue Productions, Inc. in association with A&E Networks ; producer, James P. Taylor ; writer/editor, Rob Englehardt.

Im not sure becaues I pulled this title off my library webpage. They didn't have a pictue of the cover which is how I would no for sure which movie it was but From what I can remember it is the title I posted above. Im thinking about renting it again so I will tell you for sure when I get the copy

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Thanks Nerve.

Yeah, borrow it again and see if it is still as impressive as the first time and verify the title. In the meantime, I'll see what I can find using what you gave and just seeing what area libraries have on video for bigfoot.

top topics

join