It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blank guns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
are they worth the money?
and whats the laws on the on them?

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
are they worth the money?

no , what is the fookin point

you wave it around , it goes " BANG " and that is it ?

and whats the laws on the on them?

insane , amswering from a UK centric POV

the restrictions on them mean that

if you wave one in public - the penalities ar amost as sevee as for a live weapon

restricions on AMMO purchse and storage are almost as bad as for live rounds

i have some official tiolet paper from DERA that arrived last year adressing recent legislation - IIRC blank firig weapons were covered

i will look it up

even athletic starter pistols etc have restrictions

and god help land owners whose poacher / vermin scarer blank fire devices are discovered by townies

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
You're a bit out of date Ape.

I have a friend in SO19 who told me just before Chrimbo, that Jock the Sock in the Home Office is going for a blanket ban - across the board!

This ban, will also include any BB weapon, Air Soft weapons, blank firers, cap guns and also 'paintball' pyrotechniques such as thunderbangs.

I think this is totally OTT because if you wave any type of firearm around in public - especially in this day and age - you deserve to get slotted. Full Stop. Period.

I myself have an H & K MP5 and recently I showed it to my friend in SO19. Although he is a trainer, he could not distinguish it from his own weapon. But when I pointed out the subtle differences as he looked at the business end, he could tell it was an airsoft weapon.

I did suggest that surveillance of any person carrying a weapon in public could take place, and very often there was a high probability - almost 75% - that the weapon in view was probably an air soft or blank firer.

And therein lies the problem. There are subtle differences between an air soft weapon and the real thing, but very little between blank firers and, in the heat of the moment - would you want to stare down the barrel?

Even as I type this, a consultation paper or document is making the rounds through Parliament with a White Paper due in the spring.

One other thing Ape. In my experience blank firers - once you put a couple of mags through them - usually don't work, so it's you that has to shout BANG!

join