It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Evil's of Scientology

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I'll also add that there are psychiatrists who prescribe drugs because of money and other benefits provided to them by the pharm industry, but that doesn't negate any of the evil tactics used by Scientologisty to damage these same poor people looking for a way to be "normal". If anything, it makes the pharm option look that much more appealing.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
she's just a spoiled immature girl who goes out and does jager bombs gets in fights with her home girls and gets involved with people who should've stopped partying by there age. i'd be depressed too. besides she likes to do drugs anyways and instead of stopping and working on her life..ie..cleaning up and taking responsibility she decides it's easier to get diagnosed with a problem get the fix and it's out of her hands and she can blame her manic behavior on her new condition.

you do see my point right. i agree with you that your friend obviously has some deep problems and needed the help, but i fear that parents medicate the children using doctors who are more than happy to prescribe. while it could be lack of discipline to begin with too i guess on the parents side? but regardless she doesn't need drugs for it.

another instance. i had a friend who had to get on anxiety pills because he'd be up doing meth all the time. go figure.

and you're right. the doctor has no clue. and is just trying to help. but medication isn't it. there should be some extensive tests you have to go to to get these drugs and i'll tell you what, she was in and out with her pills. and i'm sure that's the case for most.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Maybe this should be in it's own thread, as it has nothing to do with Scientology. One last note:

Symptoms of Bi-polar disorder

Signs and symptoms of a manic episode of bipolar disorder

* happy, expansive, optimistic mood (feeling “high,” feeling better than ever)
* alternative mood: irritable, angry, aggressive, provocative, intrusive
* impaired judgment; reckless; unpredictable
* excessive involvement in pleasurable or high risk activities, such as sex, drug or alcohol use, or spending sprees

* high physical and mental energy; increased productivity; excited; a feeling of high intelligence and creativity
* extremely talkative, rapid thoughts
* decreased need for sleep, less ability to sleep
* inflated self-importance; in some, delusions or hallucinations
* extremely sociable
* inability to concentrate; distracted; restless, impulsive
* no perception that the mood and behaviors are abnormal

A person in the manic phase of bipolar disorder rarely seeks help; the person may feel good and not recognize that anything is wrong.
Signs and symptoms of a depressive episode of bipolar disorder

* profound sadness, hopelessness, pessimism; crying spells
* low self-esteem, worthlessness
* “flat” mood: apathetic, indifferent; lack of interest or pleasure in most activities
* fatigue, lethargy: decreased energy and activity; difficulty getting out of bed in the morning
* decreased sexuality
* restless, irritable, angry, worried, anxious, guilty
* fewer thoughts and less talking; slower thinking and talking
* difficulty in concentrating, making decisions, and remembering
* social withdrawal; diminished ability to give and feel love
* drug or alcohol use
* change in appetite; weight gain or loss; loss of interest in food, even if eating more
* change in sleep patterns: sleeping more or less than usual
* suicidal thoughts, plans, or attempts; life seems devoid of pleasure

People are more likely to seek help during the depressive phase of bipolar disorder than during the manic phase. This is because they recognize that the symptoms are disruptive to normal life. But some do not even seek help during the depression because they have no energy and no hope that anything can change.

Does this sound like her?

Now, back to Scientology.

The church would take an individual like this, and at their low point, make them feel like it's their own fault for feeling this way, and that the only resolution is to give your life to the church. To me, this is just as dangerous, if not more so than drugs. This is something that will not go away if you quit cold turkey.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Bottom line is that Psychiatry is very important. EVERY BRANCH OF MEDICINE IS ABUSED AND HAS HAD A BAD PAST examples: like plastic surgery and family doctors perscribing heavy painkillers and the time were doctors used to do surgery on CONSCIOUS PATIENTS. YOU CAN'T just single out psychiatry, if you do your just simply ignorant.

OP! If your friend is saying these things you have posted you URGENTLY need to remove him from this environment and take to a respected health professional I KNOW I HAD PSYCHOSIS AT 16 IT IS AN AWFUL EXPERIENCE, you need to support him because he may feel unattached to reality.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Hi Selmer2

Modern medicine and psychiatry in very degenerated:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
Hi Selmer2

Thank you.......
Yes, I understand this very well that is why I don't like drug taking but in this case he is in a lose / lose situation first of all he needs to be removed from this environment, then he needs to take it easy and see a psychologist (who cares) with his family to remove him from this critical stage, and hopefully in time he will benifit without any drugs etc. But if he is still critically ill he may need meds.

You are infact correct Tamahu, you know as well as me that the only thing that will get him out of this alone is not dianetics, drugs, vitamins etc but his friends and family with out a doubt, if he has a gf she must NOT leave him atm.

Tamahu I was on Zyprexa, which is from Lilly Pharmaceuticals and I am very concerned about their relationship with EG & G and the Military so I was relieved to be finished with them.........I actually asked the doctor to change me over to a different drug half way through.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Brainwashing, no, Scientology does not brainwash. Brainwashing is a Psychiatry practice. Remember, they are the pain/drug hypnosis folks? They are the electroshock practitioners, not Scientology. Scientology has nothing to do with that stuff.

Some folks here read a few web sites and suddenly become instant Scientology expert. I've worked from the lower to the higher organizations within Scientology, I have read Scientology materials, and I can say with certainty, some of you guys have no idea what Scientology really is. You haven't a clue. You have no clue how hard these guys work every day to try and bring hope to this world. You have no idea how hard they work to try and help people with such things as literacy. You are oblivious of the real work they do with recovering drug addicts.

As for the supposed policy letters and stuff. How do you even know these are legitimate? Where are these documents coming from? What's the real source?

I hear talk of SP (suppressive person). Do you guys even understand what a real suppressive person is? A suppressive person is someone who belittles you, he takes your goals and dreams and tells you that you can't accomplish it. Is the guy who beats his wife and kids, and tells them they are nothing a good person? Understand, I'm not talking about the average person.

I've said it time and time again here. If you want to understand Scientology, and what it really is. You pick up a Scientology book and you take the time to read and understand it.

I make no appologies for sounding harsh, I say what needs to be said.

Troy

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy

I've said it time and time again here. If you want to understand Scientology, and what it really is. You pick up a Scientology book and you take the time to read and understand it.

Troy

This is the most sensible post I've read in this thread so far.
Most of the respondents have never even been inside a Scientology Church, but are willing to take all their information from the media and web-sites like Operation Clambake.

If the members of ATS want to truly "Deny Ignorance" they could pick up a book from Scientology and do a bit of reading for themselves.

It just sickens me that so many people just blindly repeat the crap that gets spewed about an organization that tries to do so much good. The vitriol that is often repeated on this site is just sad, and quite ignorant.

A good start would be "What Is Scientology"
www.whatisscientology.org...

[edit on 18/1/2007 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by lizziex3
[

I disagree. Have you ever met someone with mental problems? I work with them everyday. Schizophrenia, Bi-polar, even social disorders are all very real conditions that in most cases need medication. Psychiatrists aren't quick to hand out meds, they work with you and with your needs.

I am one that has "mental problems." So the answer to your question is yes... I have been labeled with three different "disorders." (1) Mild Depression... Pfft,who doesn't have that?

(2) Social phobia disorder..

(3) Borderline Personality Disorder

The most serious one is probably number three. However, all three are labeled as "mental problems."

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Brainwashing, no, Scientology does not brainwash. Brainwashing is a Psychiatry practice. Remember, they are the pain/drug hypnosis folks? They are the electroshock practitioners, not Scientology. Scientology has nothing to do with that stuff.

Maybe if scientology had something to do with that stuff, most of it's members would realize the type of mindwashing they've been put through.

As for the supposed policy letters and stuff. How do you even know these are legitimate? Where are these documents coming from? What's the real source?

The real source is emperor Xenu who put these false documents here to try to force lord L. Ron to submit!!!!

or

The documents are legitimate, have been copyrighted, and were repealed because of the bad PR they caused. Have you asked your people about the Fair Game policy?

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
They believe in stuff that a rational person should laugh at. How they got so much power is beyond me. They suckered in so many big movie stars and now seem to be making or breaking careers with it. I can't explain it. From what i've heard its the most idiotic "religion" i've ever seen. Every scientologist who's tried to explain their religion in person or on tv has come up short. They even tried to shut down "Southpark" because they made fun of it. Tom Cruise used to be one of my favorite stars but now he just creeps me out. The sorry thing about it is that i just feel really sad for them. They have gotten suckered into where ever they take them. When they come out they all seem to be mentally altered. If i was an alien race and wanted to destroy the human race with out war, i might just start my own religion. The real power is not money its controlling peoples minds. When have you ever seen one of them who would actually try and tell you what they are really about? They can't do it alone, they have to get you into there little group. They tear down you defenses, then they tear away all logic. Then they fill you with what knowledge they want you to have. Now your giving them alot of your money. Tell someone that if you work had enough you too can become a THETA ( a living god that controls matter, space, time, everything it wants basically), and you will get some people. L Ron Hubbard just decided to he wanted to be more powerful. The true power is control of a person mind. They are just like any other cult. The only reason that they aren't in jail, is that they haven't tried to kill rich people, or force cool aid, or astro projected themselve onto a comet. To me they just seem like POD PEOPLE. I keep waiting for one of them to see us and a weird scream to come out of there mouths as others run after us to assimilate us in to their collective.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Scientology is unreasonable - death to the imbecileia and the sci fi homophobiac's.

Anti - spychiatry is great.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I think one of the best (and even most enlightening) criticisms ever made of Scientology was the South Park episode on it.

Not only did it tell the truth about their practices - but it really outed the biggest clearest flaw in their "religion" - if Scientology is the Truth then why isn't it FREE!??

Beware of anyone who charges you for the truth - because they are probably selling you a lie.

I am a very fundamentalist Christian - but I became a Christian through my own research at churches and librairies that all let me participate, ask questions, and do research for free.

Now once I became convinced that Christianity was the truth I believe it was important for me to help fund the church - as all Christians are called to do - but if I never paid a dime for the rest of my life they would never stop me from participating in the religion.

They're are - of course - dozens of logical fallacies in Scienentology as well, but as a proponent of intelligent design I know that experimental science alone cannot explain much of the universe (at least for us limited Humans with limited resources) and everyone has to take certain parts of existance on faith.

However they should never be charged to practice their faith - they should only financially support what they themselves find good and true in their local communities - once they know the whole truth of an organization.

[edit on 20-1-2007 by TruthMagnet]

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Selmer2

Hi Selmer2

Thank you.......
Yes, I understand this very well that is why I don't like drug taking but in this case he is in a lose / lose situation first of all he needs to be removed from this environment, then he needs to take it easy and see a psychologist (who cares) with his family to remove him from this critical stage, and hopefully in time he will benifit without any drugs etc. But if he is still critically ill he may need meds.

Right, I don't want to say that for a handful of people conventional-psychiatry and synthetic-drugs aren't what they need.

It is better to avoid said things, but in some cases it may be unavoidable for the time-being.

You are infact correct Tamahu, you know as well as me that the only thing that will get him out of this alone is not dianetics, drugs, vitamins etc but his friends and family with out a doubt, if he has a gf she must NOT leave him atm.

Indeed, moral support from loved ones is certainly better than Black Magic(Dianetics) and drugs.

The Tibetan Buddhists teach that Meditation(contact with one's Inner-God) is the best remedy(along with the various herbal and massage therapies based on the Esoteric-Knowledge of the Ancient Tantras).

If one has a sexual-relationship with one of the opposite sex; they could commit to each other, and practice Sexual-Magic.

The Sexual-Energy, the Fires of Love, if retained(instead of expelled through the orgasm) and sent Inward and Upward, can work wonders for Healing the Body, Mind and Soul.

The Sexual-Fires of Love, the Power of Creation itself, is said to actually be the most Potent Force in the Universe(again, if they are not expelled through fornication/orgasm).

Tamahu I was on Zyprexa, which is from Lilly Pharmaceuticals and I am very concerned about their relationship with EG & G and the Military so I was relieved to be finished with them.........I actually asked the doctor to change me over to a different drug half way through.

Scary.

I was on Zoloft about 8 years ago.

Probably shouldn't have quit cold-turkey after a few months(as opposed to quitting gradually).

I just didn't feel it was working, even though I didn't really have access to the Esoteric info that I do now.

It just made sense that those garbage chemicals are waste of time, and only turn one into a zombie.

Anyway, we have to remember that mental and physical disease are karmic(the cause and effect of our thoughts, words and actions).

All synthetic drugs do is deal with effects, not causes.

They temporarily cover up the symptoms or effects of the karmic causes of the disease, only for the cause to manifest as similar or perhaps different effects later on.

Also, synthetic drugs are often designed to manipulate the massess.

Hand out Prozac like candy, put artificial flavors and preservatives in the food, put chlorine and fluoride in the water, and dumb-down the lost sheep even more...

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Also, synthetic drugs are often designed to manipulate the massess.

Hand out Prozac like candy, put artificial flavors and preservatives in the food, put chlorine and fluoride in the water, and dumb-down the lost sheep even more...

Spot on I literally had never taken a drug in my life until I got sick, big shock, what really bugs me is the fact that when you get acutely sick and you have no choice but to submit to these suspect meds (as in my case when I had my episode I had to leave school for a year). There is never any enquiry into these things. But hey why are we upset? If MKULTRA did happen then most likely western goverments don't give a hang about us at all.

[edit on 20-1-2007 by Selmer2]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   

At the same time Psychiatrists can drug us into oblivion, even poor little kids, but they some how get applause? How messed up is that? That's pathetic too.
[edit on 17-1-2007 by cybertroy]

Can you like, not use "us" any more like that? I wouldn't want normal people to think somehow you and I have ANYTHING in common.

It must be tough for you, cleaning up here amongst all the SP. Then trooping off like the dero you are to plant flowers for your Algernon, Tom Cruise.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by anglosaxon
I have to admit I know nothing concerning the cult of scientology. I understand that these people have a presence in London in the U.K.
All religions are based on manipulation and empty promises of eternal life and their distorted doctrines are nothing more than mind control to the vunerable.
I've posted a link that outines some facts about this cult that you may find helpful.
Scientology

You said that you do not know anything about Scientology yet you post a link to an anti-scientology website and claim it to contain facts. When a website contains the word "crackpot" multiple times then it's pretty obvious that the author has an agenda. 1+1=3?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Majority of European states have huge problems with Scientology. Let see how Greece solved problems with them.

"This organisation insults the very essence of man, forcing its members to modify their personalities and behaviour,"

Scientology in Greece A History of Criminality
Scientology's organization in Greece, KEFE, ("Center of Applied Philosophy Greece") is raided by the office of the Athens Public Prosecutor several times in 1995. Among the documents seized was a top secret classified Greek government map of the Hellikon military airport. Posession of this document, among others, is evidence that Scientology operatives had penetrated the Greek Intelligence Agency in 1993.

Also among the seized documents is a large amount of correspondence between the KEFE Director of Special Affairs and OSA Intelligence Europe. The KEFE papers show that OSA is involved in many of the same activities as the infamous GO - including infiltration operations reminiscent of Operation Snow White. Most notably, the papers record a 1995 attempt to obtain confidential information on Scientology's Greek opponents from the files of the Greek Secret Service (KYP). DSA Greece has apparently bribed a former Greece Secret Service (KYP) member to provide information from KYP files on a prominent Greek opponent of Scientology.

Jan 1997
Courts make public an October 1996 verdict. In the first Greek court ruling against Scientology, Judge Contantia Angelaki orders the dissolution of KEFE Athens and orders it to pay all legal fees. In a 23-page court ruling, she rules that KEFE is a profit-making commercial enterprise, fraudulently registered as a non-profit public-interest organization. and that its practices pose social and health risks. KEPHE appeals, and the center is allowed to reopen pending appeal.

The verdict characterizes KEPHE as "... an organization with totalitarian structures and trends, which essentially despises man, acts freely "in phenomenon" in order to attract members, who are then subjected (with all the above mentioned processes and theories) into a brain wash, aiming at the creation of directable way of thinking and minimizing objections (basic positions of the Scientology founder's theories), so that we are standing in front of beings with no personal will, who have lost the capacity of making decisions as products of their free will, since they have passed through the propaganda filters of Scientology and the suitable processing, become susceptible to the "truths" it applies, without having motives to examine and evaluate".

January 1999
KEFE is ordered by the Court of Appeals to shut down and liquidate. In its judgment, the court describes KEFE as "an organization with totalitarian structures and trends, which despises man, aims at power and money, teaches the survival of the powerful and ruthless, applies dangerous methods without preventing the possibility of suicide of its members, brainwashing them and corroding its opponents' reputation."

[edit on 21-1-2008 by Vojvoda]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Hi,

I am very scared person at this stage, I would like to know if anyone has any answers that can help my horror at night. after experiencing comet and one galaxie that don't know the name of it, and dimensions out of space. next light in sky hunted me down in white spirit light and infused my head. and I have been controlled and challanged in differentt temptational ways I am very sensative to light and color and sound and energy and I don't know if i will survive earth. I don't realy want to leave earth.

please if you have had experienced this kind of patterns please replay.

thank you Viole† Huff

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join