It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Evil's of Scientology

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Operation Clambake, mentioned above, is one of the best information sites. Please do browse around it:
www.xenu.net...

[edit on 16-1-2007 by Byrd]

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
There's a scientologist centre down the street, and they were at my mall once. They got me to hold the metal stick things, and pretty soon i was telling them my life story. After it was over they had convinced me to buy the Dianetics book and give them my name, address and phone number. When i got home i told my dad and he laughed at me and told me I had just been brainwashed by a cult. They would call me once or twice a month and ask me to come to their tuesday night new member orientations, I always declined. They called me for about two years. They would send me letters as well. It was really, really annoying. Well I still haven't read that book..I don't even know where it is now.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I hate to tell you this, but psychology and psychiatry are nothing more than money making schemes themselves. Hell, they label everything a mental disorder to get you onto drugs. You're not shy anymore, you have "social anxiety disorder,"or worse, "anti-social disorder." You're not paranoid anymore,you're "paranoid schizophrenic," now. It's all a scam for money in my honest opinion.

[edit on 16-1-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

I disagree. Have you ever met someone with mental problems? I work with them everyday. Schizophrenia, Bi-polar, even social disorders are all very real conditions that in most cases need medication. Psychiatrists aren't quick to hand out meds, they work with you and with your needs.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Both Scientology and the majority of modern psychiatrists are heavily under the influence of the Black Lodge.

The former is influenced by two very infamous Black-Magicians and uses mind-control; while the latter is materialistic and only serves to lead people further away from their Inner Being, by undermining the Divine attributes of the Monad.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
L. Ron Hubbard wrote very crappy science fiction novels. He got into the cult racket as it was a way for him to make money and avoid taxes. If you have read anything at all deep about scientology it actually gets funny. They claim that all of your problems are due to dead alien ghosts. These ghosts are full of angst and we are the victims of their problems. If you dig deep enough you can find this out for yourself but they don't like to advertise the alien ghost connection until you get sucked in deep.

Yep Tom Cruise sure picked a winner.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by cognoscente
The only religious institution that isn't a cult is the Roman Catholic Church.

[edit on 16-1-2007 by cognoscente]

There are many religious institutions that are not a cult and there are the obvious ones that are. But us Roman Catholics have to admit we have a shocking past that makes people label us as a cult, we just have to cop it on the chin brother.

OP, I had I psychotic episode when I was 16 unfortunately its in our family, I don't like drug taking but when you are at the point were you can't function and go to school then you have to get help. Yes psychiatry has a bad past and its possible you can be over medicated (that seems to be the in thing esp with moms these days) but because he has a history of mental illness you and his family must keep an eye on him. God forbid he develops an acute mental condition were he cannot function, eat, sleep, work or may harm himself then its you and his famiies duty to get him out of there. Because if he becomes firmly intrenched in scientology (hope to God he doesn't) you'll need to get him out of there because vitamins and minerals are not going to cut it, You'll be up against resistance but if you truly care I would get him out of there.

Best bet is to persude him and his family not to join.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Theres a big scientology building in toronto and last summer i just came back from a movie with a couple freinds and you know we were laughing and having fun, and one of them said hey look theres the scientology building. For some reason my first reaction was to blow up on them somehow, i yelled in the window "you guys are sick!!". And the guy, receptionist i guess, at the desk, some old bald and fat guy yells "F off", well he didnt say "F", you know. It was pretty funny, some church!

Scientology, i just dont know what to say about it. I think I feel about the same way the writers of south park do, ha :p.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Byrd, I think you're a smart guy, but that Operation Clambake site is garbage. Quotes are literally taken out of context, and made to sound bad. How much crack do these guys smoke on this site?

If anyone here thinks they are evil, then you obviously don't understand them at all. Scientologists would give their last breath trying to help mankind, yet they are talked about like garbage. It's pathetic.

At the same time Psychiatrists can drug us into oblivion, even poor little kids, but they some how get applause? How messed up is that? That's pathetic too.

And some of these posts here are so blatantly ridiculous and untrue, I could probably poop my pants from uncontrollable laughter.

Any other good people you guys want to drag through the mud? How about Mother Teresa, she was probably evil too, I guess.

Troy

[edit on 17-1-2007 by cybertroy]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy
Byrd, I think you're a smart guy, but that Operation Clambake site is garbage. Quotes are literally taken out of context, and made to sound bad.

Such as?

BTW that smart guy is actually a smart gal. Not to worry though, I've made the same mistake. After all, who would think that such an intelligent person would be a woman. j/k (The opinions expressed in this post are not those of ATS or it's administrators)

If anyone here thinks they are evil, then you obviously don't understand them at all. Scientologists would give their last breath trying to help mankind, yet they are talked about like garbage. It's pathetic.

I don't think Scientologists are evil, just brainwashed. I think L. Ron is evil, and the faith itself as well.

And some of these posts here are so blatantly ridiculous and untrue, I could probably poop my pants from uncontrollable laughter.

Which are untrue?

Any other good people you guys want to drag through the mud? How about Mother Teresa, she was probably evil too, I guess.

L. Ron said that anyone who was against Scientology was "Fair Game"

HUBBARD COMMUNICATIONS OFFICE
Saint Hill Manor, East Grinstead, Sussex

HCO Policy Letter of 18 October 1967,
Issue IV
Remimeo

PENALTIES FOR LOWER CONDITIONS

(Applies both Orgs and Sea Org)

LIABILITY Suspension of pay and a dirty grey rag on left arm and day
and night confinement to org premises.

TREASON Suspension of pay and deprivation of all uniforms and insignia,
a black mark on left cheek and confinement on org premises or
dismissal from post and debarment from premises.

DOUBT Debarment from premises. Not to be employed. Payment of fine
amounting to any sum may have cost org. Not to be trained or
processed. Not to be communicated or argue with.

ENEMY SP Order. Fair game. May be deprived of property or injured by
any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the
Scientologist. May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed.

LRH:jp L. RON HUBBARD
Copyright (c) 1967 Founder
by L. Ron Hubbard
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

What a pious and loving man

[edit on 17-1-2007 by Rasobasi420]

[edit on 17-1-2007 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Yes precisely, if you attack Scientology, you're fair game for attack by lawyers, any action etc, but lawyers seem to do a lot.

In fact, he almost seems to be doing it himself.

The Spanish Inquisition

Blimey I didn't expect the spanish inquisition!

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for there posts much appreciated.
I now have a better perspective on scientology and will try my best to past on this information to my friend, I just hope he listens to me.

Last time I saw the guy he was really depressed and said he had insomnia and was starting to cut himself. Latter that night there was three of us round his house and he said quote; “what would you guys do if I weren’t here tomorrow” we were all shocked by it and how it just came of the blue. At first I didn’t know what to say but then we all said to him that he going through a ruff patch and all he needs to do is get his life together (job, girlfriend etc) and that scientology was not the way.
I swear that place is messing him up big time.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by apex
Yes precisely, if you attack Scientology, you're fair game for attack by lawyers, any action etc, but lawyers seem to do a lot.

In fact, he almost seems to be doing it himself.

The Spanish Inquisition

Blimey I didn't expect the spanish inquisition!

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.

good old pythons

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
i think doctors hand out meds way to quick. i know a girl who smokes pot and parties and dates meth addicts and total thugs. then she comes to work all upset and depressed and wonders why. her parents live in a wealthy area, not millionaires or anything, but she's 27 and they pay for her car, 1/2 of her rent and she doesn't even go to college or anything. spoiled. she is like veruca salt and things are never her fault. instead of doctors telling her she's a brat they give her pills to help her deal with her problems. well, now her pills she takes 2 or 3 at a time when she get's "real upset" all because she finds a text message to another girl on her boyfriends cell phone or some crap like that. it's pathetic and if they don't make her feel happy she goes to her doctor and gets a different one.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I had a friend who was severely disturbed, and jumped off of a bridge after shaving his head with a broken razor. He didn't die, just ended up severely injured. He claimed he did it because if he didn't his family would die horribly or something like that. After the incident, he went to a mental hospital for a while, and was placed on medication for schizophrenia (I probably butchered that spelling). He's a little better now, but still on the meds.

Just because some people (mostly those who have no psychiatric training whatsoever) claim that psychiatry is bunk, doesn't make it true. I know there are doctors who overmedicate, just as there are cults who control people's minds. The goal is to find a doctor who won't over medicate. And a cult that won't control your mind.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
the threshold that allows medicating those who need it and those who don't is quite nil and void.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I honestly don't know what you mean by that. Could you please clarify?

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
my example of a girl who is obviously a spoiled brat and parties like she's 19 is depressed and gets prescriptions from doctors all the time. seems like this is the case for a lot of these situations. if instead she stopped hanging out with losers and doing "bad" things at night she wouldn't feel guilty and depressed all the time. but doctors avoid the real situation because they hear "i'm depressed all the time" and they hand out happy pills and that's that. a continuos cycle.

your story is the other extreme i guess.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The truth is that depression is often a chemical imballance, and is sometimes helped through medication. Often those who suffer from it would rather self medicate than be put through the hassle of going to a psychiatrist, and having them tell them they're nuts. That's why people with bi-polar disorder often have higher instances of drug and alcohol abuse. This also leads to "hanging with the wrong crowd". Believe me, if your friend hung out with "good" people, the chemical imbalance would still be there if it was there in the first place.

Criticism often comes from those who don't understand the cause of mental illness, and blame it on demons, or aliens possessing people's bodies. A-la scientology

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by reaganero
my example of a girl who is obviously a spoiled brat and parties like she's 19 is depressed and gets prescriptions from doctors all the time. seems like this is the case for a lot of these situations. if instead she stopped hanging out with losers and doing "bad" things at night she wouldn't feel guilty and depressed all the time. but doctors avoid the real situation because they hear "i'm depressed all the time" and they hand out happy pills and that's that. a continuos cycle.

your story is the other extreme i guess.

But, of course, you see more of her behaviour than the doctors do.

What does she tell them? Is she taking drugs becuase she is depressed (self-medicating)? is she seeking sensation because of an underlying lack of self-esteem? Do they know what you see as 'the real situation'?

The Doctor can only work with the info they are provided with and they should not work from moral presumptions of good and bad, just the health aspect.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Doctors are trained to see past that. Most people aren't. It's more likely that you are fooled by her outward manic state, which looks like partying and a good time. While she may be having a good time, she likely crashes into a state of deep depression when out of the public eye. Even if you were her best friend, she may not let you see it. That's what Bi-Polar disorder is.

Anyway, I don't presume to know your friend, but on that same note, you can't make the assumption that everyone is over medicated.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join