It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon sold forbidden weapons to Iran, China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
wow this is nice the pentagon has sold weapons to middlemen who turn around and sell it to iran and china. you would think that they have better background checks or whatever for these surplus auctions. i guess like all things it about the power of the dollar heres the article

article

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I recommend watching 'Lord of War' w/Nicholas Cage.

It's an interesting insight into arms dealers thoughout the '80's & '90's.

The worlds largest arm exporters are:

US
China
Russia
France
Britian

They are also the 5 permenant members of the UNSC.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
If I remember well those are not Quite the 5 largest arms exporters

but the movie was indeed a good watch

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I don't know about the movie "Lord of War" w/Nicholas Cage, but in the real world, the top 8 arms exporters in 2006 were the United States, Russia, China, India, Germany, Canada, France, Japan -in that order.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   
That's because it is all about money.

Nobody in power cares where the weapons are going unless they get caught and how many people have actually been prosecuted when it comes to light they have made illegal sales.

We arm the terrorist states and groups for a few reasons:

It allows govt. to bring in draconian new laws to stifle our freedoms(those we still have)

Gives them an excuse for huge military budgets,

and gives them somebody to test all their lovely new weapons and gadgets on.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 04:51 AM
link   
ewww....aiding and abetting the terrorists, you are either with us, or against us...
can Bush and Comp. bomb the pentagon now?

they should stop auctioning off the stuff unless they don't care who ends up with it. there's no way to ensure that it won't fall into the wrong hands..

but well, like someone already pointed out...they don't really care if it ends up in the wrong hands...gives them reason to start dropping bombs.

[edit on 17-1-2007 by dawnstar]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Ah well now we can see, who the real supporters of Terroist regimes are.

Right in front of You.

But ofcourse, everybody is too busy commenting the tread, where Russians are selling missiles to Iran, while this kind of news goes by un-noticed.

And you are all correct - it is just business these days;

I especially enjoyed the following part in this article:

"Right Item, Right Time, Right Place, Right Price, Every Time. Best Value Solutions for America's Warfighters," the Defense Reutilization and Marketing Service says on its Web site, calling itself "the place to obtain original U.S. Government surplus property."

I wonder if Iran already got parts for ther F-14 fleet - since we all know, they are the only nation in the world, that has F-14 jets, apart from USNavy.

new topics

top topics

join