It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreaming the multiverse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I've had a couple odd experiances that has led me to believe that perhaps in a dream state we may actualy live out short amounts of time in the conscoiusness of our other selves that exist in the multiverse.

I'd guess this would be not to far from astral travel but I've not had the common signs that supposedly go with an astral experiance during these episodes.

If you are unfamiliar with the concept of the multiverse a quick google should do.. but plainly put it just means that every possible past and future, connected to our big bang, exists as a seperate universe.

--
In my first "dream" I found myself aware that I was not where or when I should be, this now interupts the process and I am jerked away from the scene.. This first time I was not.. I would guess I was about 4, first thing I noticed was that I was a child. Second I realized I was in the wrong apartment for that age. I was freaked out that I was somehow there and stuck and started to verbally rant, not noticing my mother nearby. She was asking me what was wrong and I was just babbling about time travel and multiverses thinking I somehow astrally traveled and got stuck in the wrong past... She really started to flip out hearing her 4 year old going on like this and told me to calm down and wait for my father to come home.. then I really flipped since he passed away when I was 2.
I convinced her to call some of the universities I remembered that had large physics departments and in some cases ask for specific persons, even though I knew that here they may not exist or not be where they should. I was worried that multiverse was to advanced a theory for them and they might all think she was a quack but one finaly bit and told her to bring me to a friend nearby in mass.
She brought me there and he asked if he could do a physical examination first, I agreed and I was led to an examining room by the hand, as we were entering the room he asked if I'd like a lollipop, I said "sure" and then it ended...

Since I've had a few more I might dub as the same experiance, and one that definately fits the bill, unfortunetly now whenever I realize I'm not the correct "me" I jerk out of the "dream"

d1k

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I love this idea and always have but ask yourself, how can people control their dreams when they realize they are dreaming if we are seeing our other selves.

[edit on 15-1-2007 by d1k]

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Well I would say if I were inhabiting another body, not my own, but like it.. with it would come some off hand knowledge, brains are wired how they are wired and that won't change, but if you believe in the spirit then you'd have 2 consciousnesses in the same space. Like a multiple personality.

In the second example I was in the store with a friend, I don't know who it was I don't know him here, but there I did.. we were looking for headphones, he had bought the wrong type. There was a new type of player becoming popular that used a different type of headphone connecter (not relevent in this verse) and the one he bought only had the old connecter without a switchout version. We were walking looking at the headphones, I saw a girl I didn't like and we turned to avoid her... finaly found the headphones.. got waylayed by a colored sharpie sale.. made checkout and left. In the parking lot I was bitching because there were alot of cars and he was letting his dogs leash out to far... I looked down for my stepping and saw I was wearing a strapless dress and a Scorpion pocketbook.. thought WTF why am I wearing this.. holy # I'm not me.. and boom it was gone

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I've had some interesting situations with dreams myself.

After years of experimentation, I have to come to the conclusion that lucid dreaming "messes with" the process. In other words, let's say I am having a precognitive dream but I become lucid and realize that I am dreaming. I then do things differently in the dream, things I would not do if I did not realize that I was dreaming. At that point I believe the precognitive value of the dream is seriously compromised.

It's best if I do not know that I am dreaming and just let the scenes play themselves out. Often times an event takes place later on that is exactly like the one I dreamed, down to every minute detail that I can remember. That's just my two cents.

I am at a loss for an explanation as to how I could dream things and later see them in real life and so I often attribute this to something paranormal. I have not yet really explored the ideas of a multiverse. Thanks for bringing this up.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure that in the long run science will explain the paranormal, once they accept it's reality. The universe is way to strange to rule anything out.

Some people fear precognition because they think it steps on "free will", but if every future already exists then you may see the possible future and still deviate from it.. without compromising free will.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
i do agree. I believe that the paranormal or supernatural is mostly composed of things for which we have not yet found the scientific explanation. I think there is one, we just haven't discovered it yet.

I hope that science advances far enough within my lifetime that it can explain things like precognitive dreaming, dimensions with which we are not yet familiar, ESP, and the like.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Exactly, many supernatural events are natural events that we have yet to explain. That's why I think it doesn't make sense to try and explain away things like Ufology, psychics and ghosts. TThere's tons of evidence to support these things and we should explore them not try to ridicule them because there not understood yet.

I've had 2 dreams that have startled me because I usually do not dream about other time periods. A few months ago I had a dream where I was on horseback being chased by Roman soldiers. I had a box in my hand and I knew what was in the box was important and I knew it was religious in nature. I went into a wooded area and I hid the box and then I remember being killed by the soldiers. I actually felt myself being killed by them. I don't know what was in the box, but I know I was meant to guard it with my life. I thought about hypniosis, but I don't know. I never experienced anything like that. It was very real and like I said my dreams never take place in other time periods and that's what startled me. I havn't told anyone about it until now. That's because I had another dream like this the other night.

I dreamed about being on a space expedition and we ended up in a parallel universe. We were on Saturn in another part of the multiverse and it was inhabated. I remember debating with my Captain. He thought it might be a simulation caused by an alien lifeform and I talked to him about Stephen Hawking and Quantum Physics in general. I remember seeing a friend there. He has mental issues here but there he was a police officer. I asked him did he know my sister and he said yes. I didn't ask him anything further because I didn't want to find out any terrible information about my family and then I might try to intervene. I also figured that I wasn't in this parallel universe because he didn't recognize me or this was a future self that looked different than I do know. I hardly ever remember names in my dreams but one of my partners names was Jim Mcallister.

“The day Science begins to study nonphysical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all previous centuries of its existence.” NIKOLA TESLA

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I hope this isn't going off topic, but I heard that some people believe that dreams are the 4th dimension, as you can see, taste, hear, touch, speak, all without doing it physically.

I found this site where the author claims that you can program your sleep to find out and do anything, you just need to ask. Right before you go to bed, ask yourself a question, ie. who is my soulmate? and your dreams will reveal it. Other suggestions are travelling anywhere in the world, or find out if people are lying to you.

I am willing to try this out for a week, and I will post my results here.

for more info, check out the site:
www.ueberalles.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I have visions of future events that happen. They are not too important, usually things that involve me doing work or what I should do. It's strange because I used to get migraines before and sometimes after. Now I don't get them when this happens. I do not have any tumors or diseases that would cause this. It is almost like Deja vu, yet it is entirely different. It is a quick glimpse as to future events that unfold. If it starts to happen I can usually envision the choices I'd make and what would happen. When I do that, everything zooms out and I begin to feel very light headed and disoriented. Anyone have any idea as to why this would happen?

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Supposedly matter never forgets information. If it were a tree, a desk, part of a parrot.. it will always store that information. Past, presant and all possible futures, all at once.

That would certainly explain dreaming the multiverse, as our current incarnation.

As far as past incarnations, where we are definetly not in our own familiar body, you'd need to assume we had a defined and lasting link to some form of soul or energy that persisted and did always wind up back in a sentient being.

top topics

join