It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Her head's off. ..I can't do anything

page: 1

join
share:
Ex

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Just when I thought I had heard it all......

Friday was supposed to be a daddy-daughter bonding day for
Katlin and John Patrick Violette.
Violette had quit his job at Lowe's Home Improvement the day
before and had the whole day to spend with 4-year-old Katlin.
Amber Violette, Katlin's mom, dropped by the house to have lunch
with the two Friday,
then left them to play while she went back to work, Clayton police said.

Less than five hours later, Amber Violette came home to find
her only child slayed in the hallway,
her head severed from her body.
Panicked, she dialed 911.

HERE

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15/1/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Now THAT, as compared to anything else I have ever seen, leads me to believe in Demons and Pure Evil.

I wonder if he even fought the urge to do that at all. Clearly he failed any attempt made to rationalize against such a despicable, horrible decision.

The poor mother.

Egads, that just bums a guy out, man.

Cuhail

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I really don't know what to think of this.

It looks pretty certain that the father did it, but why? Why would anyone do such a horrific thing to someone they (supposedly) loved?

There are some people on this planet that truly sicken me at times.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Being a new father, who loves his son more than anything on the planet, I'd like to know how on Earth he could ever even imagine doing anything to hurt his child, much less the horrendous things that were apparently done to his daughter... No matter how mentally unfit he is surely to be found, he does not deserve any leniance for said illness. He will never be a productive trustable member of society and deserves the death penalty.

I'm truly disgusted beyond measure...

Of course it all depends on whether he is guilty, but judging him on his actions, he is...

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Why would he do that?? It just doesnt make any sense at all. The man has to be sick, this isnt jsut your run of the mill child abuse. Usually in cases of a parent killing thier child it is in the heat of anger, they end up just hitting or throwing the child causing injury. You dont just accidently cut a child head off in a rage, that kind of thing takes time. Sounds like some kind of vindetta agaist the mother to me. G-d people are sick.. that poor little girl. and the mother, geez I cant even imagine the horror..

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I have been just sitting here, completely and uterly disturbed and confused. I am someone who has seen and heard of some of the most terrifying things, and reading that article left me... I dont even have words, I dont understand how something like this can happen. I believe that what happened in that house on that day, that was evil in its purest form, how does someone go from having a great life and all that, to doing such a horendious act.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
There isn't much too derive anything possible motives at this point. Sudden changes in behavior often point to the onset of psychosis, but drug abuse results in sudden changes in behavior, too.

I think this is a very telling paragraph, not because it lends any insight into the murder, but rather into the kinds of questions 911 operators can ask during an emergency.

"Her head's off. I can't do anything," Amber Violette screamed at a Johnston County emergency dispatcher between yelps. "She's dead, don't you get it?"

www.newsobserver.com...

I can only guess what inanities this poor woman was responding to.

I wonder what "yelps" the journalist is speaking of.

I guess the dog was barking.

[edit on 2007/1/15 by GradyPhilpott]

Ex

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I am just at such a loss, that someone with
no previous history of mental disorder or violence
could do such a thing.

The news is reporting that first responders are receiving
counciling because of the scene.

She was so beautiful.

I am also wondering why this story hasn't had national exposure.

HERE

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I'm going to contact some media types to see if someone can cover this at a national level.

The fact that the father was caught so quickly and his lawyers aren't likely to say very much about the case isn't going to help much, especially when the Missouri case is getting so much mileage.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasterJedi
No matter how mentally unfit he is surely to be found, he does not deserve any leniance for said illness. He will never be a productive trustable member of society and deserves the death penalty.

Seriously, I am not defending what he did, but how can you possibly say that if you know that some people with mental illness cannot differentiate between reality and fantasy? I mean, if an audible voice came into your head or even hallucinations saying it was God or some being from another world, and said that it was the right thing to do, then you too would certainly do the same. I don't care how bad this is, if something is making you so mental that you could do this, then I think killing them off satisfies only a merciless and revengeful society and really doesn't address the real issue at all.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail
Now THAT, leads me to believe in Demons and Pure Evil.

Exactly what I was thinking.
Scary stuff....

new topics

top topics

join