It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guru On Creation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Thats right.
Every faith has a different name for God, it matters not what you choose to call him, as long as your faith reamains truthfull to him.
Deep

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Thats right.
Every faith has a different name for God, it matters not what you choose to call him, as long as your faith remains truthful to him.
Deep

Thanks
I happen to believe that very same thing. In fact, many of the personal beliefs that I have developed, thru studying several different faiths, coincide with what you have posted here. It is funny that the more I see of different religions the more similarities I find between them all.

I guess it just goes to prove that if Truth exists within a teaching, it cannot be hidden or destroyed. Truth is unchangeable and infallible. It doesn't matter what people do to alter or disguise the Truth to fit their purposes, it will always remain, waiting for those who desire Truth's wisdom, to find it.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Damn everytime I try to respond to a topic Mojom has responded to I get hypnotized by his magical avatar.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Tell me about it.
Thats some Tripped out Picture.
Deep

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Damn everytime I try to respond to a topic Mojom has responded to I get hypnotized by his magical avatar.

lol

Seeing into infinity is quite fun isn't it?!?!?! It's really strange that it has the effect it does to the mind and thought process. I enjoy it too.....

There is something with cyclic infinite patterns, spirals, fractals and stuff that really tweak the normal functions of our mind. Another reason I enjoy PHI and Golden Spirals. Cheap Mind Candy!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   
i believe it's quite obvious that if u believe the universe was created that there was nothing in the beginning and then something made us, i just think we were always here

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Well, it sort of sounds like God suddenly created the universe in an instant, sort of like the Big Bang.
This is what I was getting at.
I could be wrong, I was hoping somone could add more insight to this.
Deep

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Well, it sort of sounds like God suddenly created the universe in an instant, sort of like the Big Bang.
This is what I was getting at.
I could be wrong, I was hoping somone could add more insight to this.
Deep

Creation and the Big-Bang have always seemed synonymous to me too. Imagine an infinite consciousness, unified and seamless. It would not really have any sense of itself, because it would have no way of looking back at itself. It would be like an infinite body of water, single and undivided. If it wanted to experience itself from a different perspective, it would have to separate a portion of water from the rest. Only then could it look back and see itself and it's beauty. The division of that, now separate, portion and the consequent self-awareness that results, could be likened to the instant when existance and non-existance separated, or the Big Bang. Now if this consciousness, I'll call it God, wanted to experience itself from many different view points, it would need to form many sectioned-off pieces of itself. Sort of like a bunch of test-tubes full of water floating in the infinite body of water. They could all see the other test tubes around them, and the body of water that they are floating in, but they would be separate from all of it. At the same time, they contain the exact same water that surrounds them and fills all the other test tubes. So what if God's smaller containers were bodies and some of those bodies contained the awareness to look out and see God, in them and around them, as well as everything else? Now, what if those bodies spent to much time admiring their partitions (bodies), instead of the God that had created the partitions, that they forgot they were just part of a larger whole? They became blinded to the knowledge that they were just a little piece of a greater whole, and forgot or didn't want to escape the bodies that were just supposed to be a temporary way for God to view itself. It would always feel like it was missing something or lost something, and would be constantly searching, but unable to find peace. The only way to find peace would then be to, either, shed the partition/body separating them from the whole existence of God, thus allowing their rejoining with God, or remembering what their purpose was to begin with, and start to see God in and around all things, including themselves.

I hope this makes sense to those reading it. It's kinda difficult to explain in written words. I hope you can get the gist of it anyways.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 01:03 AM
link   

This Amazes me, I want to know what you all think.
This is how the Universe was created According to our First Guru, Guru Nanak Dev Ji.
Big Bang?
Well Read and tell me what you all think.

www.info-sikh.com...
Deep

The DATE of this revelation AMAZES me too! The site says 1516??? WOW. Meanwhile less inspired men still believed the Earth was a flat mud plane, fixed at the center of Creation, supported by four great pillars.

He said 'there was nothing supporting Earth...and he brought about the PLANETS?'

Is the date right?

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Our First Guru was born in 1469,
This is a timeline.
www.info-sikh.com...
Deep

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Oh yeah
And though many say sikhism stemmed from Hinduism and islam, it was a direct vision from God to our first Guru.
Deep

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join