It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That OJ Confession book and Newsweek

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Newsweek and the Confession

Okay .. I didn't know where to put this story so I'm putting it in media. It could go anywhere ... media, people, entertainment, books, murder conspiracies ....

This is all over the TV news right now.

As expected a chapter of that book, in which OJ 'pretends' to tell how he would have murdered Nichole Brown and Ron Goldman, has gotten out and Newsweek has gotten a hold of it.

Those that have read it say that OJ speaks like the typical wife abuser, blaming Nichole for driving him to murder her.

OJ also 'pretends' that he had a man with him that night who helped cover for the murders. He calls him 'charlie'.

Was Charlie his son? Was Charlie his best friend and fellow football player who also drove a white car just like Simpson's? AC was his name, I think???

Anyways ... this is the hot topic on the TV. We all knew someone would get a copy of the book and it looks like Newsweek is the first to start talking about it. I wouldn't be surprised to see exerpts in the magazine soon.

[edit on 1/15/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Yeah, I heard he described himself as coming out of a rage-like state covered in blood with two dead people lying on the ground. Of course it sounded real seeing as how he really did it. He said what set him off was the dog not treating Goldman like a stranger, but like a regular at the house.

Peace

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
apparently his descritpion is so detailed it corroborates much of the evidence exhibited in his trial. How he got off is still a mystery to me.
I remember reading all about how this was "payback" for the cops who got off on the Rodney King trial but it seems so insane to me that anyone would let him walk free, no matter what point you wanted to prove.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
One of his lawyers was just interviewed on TV (no, I didn't catch the name). He was asked why the heck Simpson would agree to write this book and the lawyer said it was because 'his reputation couldn't get any worse and he wanted the money'.

Guess Simpson didn't care about his kids reading this book.

Much as 'who ever' murdered Nichole and Ron didn't care about Simpson's kids who were sleeping in the house .. that those kids would likely be the ones to find the dead bodies of their mother and Ron.

The murderer didn't care about the kids .. and 'if' Simpson was the murderer, he certainly didn't care about his own kids at all. They were the ones who would most likely find the bodies (thank god they didn't) and they are without their mother. IF it was him (which I do believe it was) he definately is a horrid father.

[edit on 1/15/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Wonder if the Goldmans can get any of the money O.J. makes off the book,they sure do deserve it(imho).

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by crowpruitt
Wonder if the Goldmans can get any of the money O.J. makes off the book,they sure do deserve it(imho).

he's managed to hide any money he has and he probably has all kinds of blind trusts, shell corporations and offshore corporations and accounts that this money will never touch the goldmans' hands.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Originally posted by crowpruitt

he's managed to hide any money he has and he probably has all kinds of blind trusts, shell corporations and offshore corporations and accounts that this money will never touch the goldmans' hands.
Thats a real shame.I don't see how O.J. can stand to look in a mirror.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I remember reading a few months back and I can't remember where I read that, that any money he makes goes to a third party and then into a fund for his kids. So technically he gets paid nothing. The third party does and then transfers it to the kids. I'd love to know if he can get his hands on the third party funds. Usually someone else has their name on the trust fund accounts of children. As far as I'm concerned third party or not, the money should go to pay the civil action against him

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
OJ is such a piece of trash! Geez, this story just makes me sick to my stomach. I still cant believe he was found innocent. He obviously did it,I mean what kind of innocent person writes a book on how he would have murdered the mother of his children?? Hes the worst kind of sociopath..

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I also have the opinion that he is trash and got away with murder ... and that he didn't give a crap about the kids being in the house when he murdered their mother and left her in a pool of blood for them to find (thank god someone else did).

The thing here is .... the book never was released because of outcry from America. Simpson still got his money. We all knew it would be just a matter of time until someone got a copy of it and made some money. Newsweek says they have a copy, of at least one of the vital chapters, and they are discussing what was in the 'faux' confession.

I have mixed feelings on this. They will want to make money because that's their business. I understand that, even though I don't like it. At the same time, discussing Simpson's confession could help law enforcement officials in the future to see where they went wrong and it could help the families find some satisfaction. I say that because they had to endure many long days in the court room with Simpson saying 'I didn't do it'. And America itself had to endure many long days of racial strife when Simpson's attorney pulled the race card in a lot of the proceedings.

Openly discussing the 'confession' could help the families gain satisfaction, help law enforcement, and help those who thought he was innocent to FINALLY realize that he's guilty of murder (as well as guilty of being an awful father).

Simpson already got the money and he can't give it back (TV news says Simpson is claiming to have spent it). So why not discuss this? Heck, he faux-claims that someone was with him, that means the police still have someone they can go after. Even if they can't nail simpson because the idiots already found him not guilty, they can at least get his helper in the crime - murder accessory and cover up of an investigation.

edited for spelling

[edit on 1/16/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
he makes me sick. imagine being the family member of one of the people he killed and reading in great description how he "hypothetically" could have killed your loved one. things like this make me really hope karma exists.

new topics

top topics

join