It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the chat monitored?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
hey, I know that sometimes on ATS the chat is used for heated political discussions and i was wondered if the chat was safe or is it being monitored by the echelon I and echelon II super computers. And also I heard stories about people getting caught doing "stuff" on the chat. I have two questions: how safe is the chat, and are our U2U's private (besides the admin seeing them of course)?

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Here's an old thread on it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

I imagine it is, somewhat. Less than Janes' forums, but more than, say, a recipe forum.

[edit on 15-1-2007 by Tom Bedlam]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
You can be banned from ATS from bad behavior in the Chat Room.

Just be kind and don't do anything stupid and you'll have nothing to worry about.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
You can be banned from ATS from bad behavior in the Chat Room.

Just be kind and don't do anything stupid and you'll have nothing to worry about.

I can attest to that. And also, don't ask to be banned in a heated argument in spite. Mods listen.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I think the replies to this post were not getting the idea of the OP.

I think he was asking about Government monitoring of chat by any and or all three letter federal agencies of the US.

I would expect like most posts, it is monitored by agents posting as "normal" people.

Remember, ANYONE can join, post, read posts/replies and earn their way to rats as well as chat.

I would say this, don't post/chat anything you would not yell out loud.

new topics

top topics

join