It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Anonymous Posts: New Government Craft! AAS Hellfire Airship

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Original Anonymous Post By: anon_87998
Here's the deal: the US government is contracting either Lockheed or Boeing to build the craft. It has already been designed and they are now working on some of its components.
AAS stands for Aerial Arsenal Ship and it's called Hellfire for good reason. It is planned to carry at least 50 missiles in concealed bays(Tomahawks maybe?).
It is a delta with blended wings that end in winglets, in the back are a pair of tailfins that are angled about 60 degrees. At the nose of the craft and toward the stern are tilt-rotors. Between them is a lenghy bridge/crew quaters area with two more tilt-rotors on both sides. On its underbelly is a large helium-filled pod with two ramjets(?). From the front the Hellfire looks alot like the F/A-22 Raptor, so naturally, Lockheed is the prime suspect. The AAS employs stealth features, it will be deadly to any country. I am also told that it may carry lasers and/or neutral particle beams.
It should be able to maneuver like a helicopter, including fly backwards(not good for IRAN!) and hover over potential targets.

Spread the news!

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Crazy!
I don't know who wrote this. This guy's crazy! The government already spending enough oon Aurora and other such craft. It is IMPOSSIBLE!
Maybe someone gave this guy misleading info. It sounds alot like that High Altitude Airship that Lockheed's been working on to me. Maybe the TR-3B.

What do you think?

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I think if he were honorable, he would of logged in and supplied some real info. Otherwise, meh.

What'cha gonna do?

Cuhail

Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory

[edit on 17-1-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
what utter twaddle

words , for once fail me

where does one begin ?

this " proposal " is a mish mash of ill concieved incompatible technologies , cobbleded together by an idiot

it is disinfo of the lowest order

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
what utter twaddle

I just love that phrase, "Utter Twattle"

Say it with me:
Utter Twaddle
Utter Twaddle
Udder Twiddle

ohh that's even better!

What Udder Twiddle!

Udderly Twiddleous!

Ignorant Ape, ya make me laugh.
It's a good thing, I agree with you!

This claim was Udderly Twiddleous!

Cuhail

Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic

[edit on 17-1-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
But then again, if you think about.
This guy sounds like he knows a lot about it. It doesn't really sound like misinformation. Maybe he's trying to warn us of our government's love of expensive equipment. Or maybe he's crazy. I don't know. I can't tell. I'm confused. He must be a pretty good liar...or a government spy?
The AAS would be a good craft, though.
I'm not really sure though.
I'll turn that misinformation into an animated ship for my comics based on that post with better improvements.

But that guy sounds crazy and at the same time kinda logical.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
That said, I thank you for being so narrow minded that you have forced me to join this excellent forum so that I to can express an opinion.

How on earth can you people run down someones input, call him crazy and an idiot, a possible government spy or a diseminator of missinformation, based purely on the fact that you disagree with him/her.

I would suggest that as long term members of this forum that you have a little more respect for the opinions of others. We do not all have to agree with one another, but a smidgen of intellectual propriety would not go amiss.

By the way, I agree with you that the vehicle described doesn't really hold water, but then again, 20 years ago neither did the Stealth Bomber.

[edit on 17-1-2007 by Seeker PI]

[edit on 17-1-2007 by Seeker PI]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seeker PI
How on earth can you people run down someones input, call him crazy and an idiot, a possible government spy or a diseminator of missinformation, based purely on the fact that you disagree with him/her.

I agree with you. This is the kind of thing that scare new members off.

Guys, if we kept calling people idiots and running down their opinions just because we dont agree, ATS wouldn't grow. People wouldn't register and post.

Think about it.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I think people are calling this poster an idiot because this aircraft is IMPOSSIBLE!

First, you can't have a stealth aircraft with four tilt-rotors! Can you imagine the radar returns off those things and the helium pod?

Second, an aircraft with rotors will never be able to reach the speeds required to operate a ramjet, and even if it could ramjets are only better than normal jets in the mach 2 to mach 4 range and the rotors would produced such drag it could never reach those speeds.

Finally the description isn't even concievable! Im trying to picture a Raptor with a delta wing and with a tilt rotor on the nose and at the tail and one on each wing, then im imagining a helium pod underneath, and then enlarging it enough for the crew cabin and enough space for 50 missiles. Its stopped looking remotely like a raptor!

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Not to be rude, but really, what kind of a post is this...? I would expect some kind of um, I don't know... speechless on this one. Special note to poster: It would help if there was a little more information....
Where, other than someone's imagination, did this aircraft exist?
How would an aircraft of this um caliber carry say 50 small cruise missiles weighing somewhere around 55,115 lbs (that's 27 tons!) Yeah, did the math....

On its underbelly is a large helium-filled pod with two ramjets(?)

Not sure why ramjets would need a helium-filled pod, hmmm? This could REALLY use some explanation, if nothing else, at least this...

I am also told that it may carry lasers and/or neutral particle beams.

Hmmm, this is definitely a must, I would not make an "aircraft" without them

It should be able to maneuver like a helicopter, including fly backwards(not good for IRAN!)

Now this is just a low blow, picking on a country just cause we have some "aircraft" that can fly backward.... um, I am assuming cause it might hurt them bad?

Anyone know more about this really neat "craft"? Can't wait to see working model...

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Well guess what! I met this guy at the mall! He didn't tell me his name though. I was telling a friend about it when he walked up to me and said, "You talking about the AAS Hellfire?"
Talk about coincidence.
He also told me that his cousin worked at Lockheed and even showed the scematic! The craft is logical! And it does look similar to a Raptor from the front! I asked him about the ramjets and he said that it was propellers instead. It's huge too! About as big as one of those aircraft carriers! And the pod is filled with the gas version of helium not water. Isn't that what they use in baloons? Yes. This thing's nearly hollow besides the compartments and stuff. Looks kinda like a cross between a plane and a Star Destroyer.

Well the bridge looks like a Star Destroyer.
It's amazing who you meet at the mall when you're looking for a good dogfight game!

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 05:06 AM
link   
You met a random man in the mall who just happened to know about this project and he decided to reveal national secrets to you the first time you met? I doubt it...

By saying that it looks like a raptor, do you mean it has wings? If so why does it need the helium? It doesnt need 2 lift sources.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 05:40 AM
link   
as i was the one who branded this " idiocy " , i felt compelled to explain myself ,

but GFAD & BLUEDAGON seem to have handled the technical issues admirably , thanks for your patience chaps

but now the thread really has " jumped the shark "

its amazing what you learn @ the mall nowadays

Originally posted by DarkStars Aurora
He also told me that his cousin worked at Lockheed and even showed the scematic!.........................

The craft is logical!.............................

It's huge too! About as big as one of those aircraft carriers! ..............

And the pod is filled with the gas version of helium not water.

just WOW !

my reply of choice to this violates the ATS t&c in so many ways , it hurts

PS - i think @ this point a reminder of the T&C would help :

" posting information you know to be false is prohibited "

nat an exact quote - but it captures the spirity of the law

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Sorry to revive this thread but I just happened across this image:

Maybe this is where the anonymous poster got their idea from. Its the brainchild of a University of Washington student.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 03:34 AM
link   

YOU MEAN THIS !!!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by skunkworks82
YOU MEAN THIS !!!!!

Not quite. It doesnt really fit the description does it?

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 04:58 AM
link   
PLEASE
LOOK AT THE PICTURE
BE A LITTLE CREATIVE WHEN THINKING
LOOK AT THE DANG THREAD TITLE!!!!!!!!!
New Government Craft! AAS Hellfire AIRSHIP

IT DOES DESCRIBE MANY THING THAT THE POSTER WAS TALKING ABOUT

LOCKHEED SKUNKWORKS PROJECT

ITS A HEAVY LIFT AIRSHIP

IT MAYBE MADE OF COMPOSITES WHICH HAS A LOW RADAR CROSS SECTION

WHY ELSE WOULD SKUNKWORKS BE DOING A PROJECT ON AN AIRSHIP?

IF YOU LOOK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE AIRSHIP YOU WILL SEE A LARGE RECTANGULAR BOX THAT COULD HOUSE MISSLES

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   

PLEASE
LOOK AT THE PICTURE
BE A LITTLE CREATIVE WHEN THINKING
LOOK AT THE DANG THREAD TITLE!!!!!!!!!
New Government Craft! AAS Hellfire AIRSHIP

IT DOES DESCRIBE MANY THING THAT THE POSTER WAS TALKING ABOUT

LOCKHEED SKUNKWORKS PROJECT

ITS A HEAVY LIFT AIRSHIP

IT MAYBE MADE OF COMPOSITES WHICH HAS A LOW RADAR CROSS SECTION

WHY ELSE WOULD SKUNKWORKS BE DOING A PROJECT ON AN AIRSHIP?

IF YOU LOOK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE AIRSHIP YOU WILL SEE A LARGE RECTANGULAR BOX THAT COULD HOUSE MISSLES

Ok please turn off your caps lock before you post your reply!!

This is clearly not the project that the anonymous poster was referring to. Firstly the P-791 (thats its actual name) is a cargo/transport airship, not an attack craft. Its not a delta shape, it doesn't have blended wings that end in winglets.

Its not big enough to house 50 missiles. Its no where near the shape of the F-22 raptor. It doesnt have any ramjets. Its doesnt have an underbelly helium pod, it IS a helium pod. It doesnt have lasers or stealth features.

Yes it may be a Lockheed Airship but thats the only similarity.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
YOU GIVE ME A DRAWING OF AN AIRPLANE
WHEN CLEARLY THE POST SAID AIRSHIP

HOW MANY GOVERMENT PROJECTS ARE UNDER DIFFERENT NAMES
P-791 = New Government Craft! AAS Hellfire AIRSHIP

WHAT IF THE AIRSHIP IS " A CARGO AIRSHIP"
IT COULD BE TESTING FOR A DIFFERENT PURPOSE !!!!!
WHAT IF ITS A SCALE MODEL.. A SMALL VERSON . HAVE YOU THOUGHT ABOUT THAT?

AND JUST BECAUSE THE POSTER SAYS ONE THING.. YOU HAVE AN ACTUAL PICTURE OF A LOCKHEED AIRSHIP PROJECT THAT IS IN TESTING.

DO YOU HAVE ANY INFO OR REAL PICTURES THAT WOULD SUPPORT YOUR VIEW ?

AN AIRSHIP COULD BE STEALTH WITH COMPOSITES, PAINT AND RADAR JAMMING EQUIPMENT
AN AIRSHIP COULD LIFT HUGE AMOUNTS SEE ---> CARGOLIFTER
WITH TODAYS TECHNOLOGY YOU WONT NEED A HINDENBURG SIZED AIRSHIP
AND THEY HAVE AIRSHIPS THAT CAN GO TO HIGH ALTITUDES

NOW AS FAR AS RAMJETS ALL THAT COULD BE JUST TALK
INFORMATION IS LEAKED OUT ALL THE TIME, MORE THAT HALF IS POORLY WORDED OR WRONG JUST TO THROW OFF PEOPLE

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   

DO YOU HAVE ANY INFO OR REAL PICTURES THAT WOULD SUPPORT YOUR VIEW ?

Of course not. Read my earlier posts and you will see that the craft described in the OP is complete fantasy. It doesn't exist and can't exist.

And for gods sake turn off your caps-lock. It makes you look like a child...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join