It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Troop Increase, really protection for Prince Harry?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I don't think the extra troops have anything to do with Prince Henry or Iraq for that matter. I think the US wants as many men on the ground that they can get before Bush decides to attack Iran. I see more troops being called out very soon under the disguise of Iraq, Prince Henry blah blah blah.

Whats better than being fully prepared with troops one country away when Bush bombs em?

[edit on 16-1-2007 by favouriteslave]

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Bush hasn't sent 20,000 troops to protect his own rather shercandalously behaving daughters. I don't see him suddenly (months after the fact) deciding to go "protect" a member of the royal family who won't be stationed anywhere near the US bases.

The 20,000 troops are a response to the election and changeover of power because Congress is forcing his hand and forcing him to admit that his policies aren't working.

But protect Harry? He hasn't tossed those kinds resources in to protect anyone else -- except maybe the Haliburton Corporation.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I have upmost respect for Prince Harry wanting to go to Iraq. Having served there myself twice i know what it is like and its not a bed of roses which i guess you all know.

If anything like Andrew Harry will be treated as a normal officer and will live in officer accom, Feed like a normal officer and receive the same treatment as any other officer. Yes i dont doubt that there may be a few SAS fellas keeping an eye out but i doubt even Harry will be aware.

The British Army is a proffesional Army and prides itself on the training our men receive and the way we conduct ourselves in a proffesional manner getting into the thick of things.

Its good to see one of our Royals showing an example after a dreadful 10 years with the Royals and bad press around every corner. I honestly think William and Harry could be just what this country needs especially William when he becomes King. A bit of backbone is what this country needs again and these 2 fellas will give it

<< 1   >>

join