It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Doomsday Clock"... Time Is Changing...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Time may run shorter on 'Doomsday Clock'

The keepers of the "Doomsday Clock" will likely move its hands forward next Wednesday to reflect what they call "worsening nuclear (and) climate threats," to the world.

The symbolic clock, maintained by a magazine called the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists, is currently set at seven minutes to midnight, with midnight marking global catastrophe.

The group plans to publicly adjust the clock this Wednesday.

Though the group has not specifically said so, all indications are that they will move the clock hands closer to midnight.

www.cnn.com... ml

The clock was last pushed forward by two minutes to seven minutes to midnight in 2002 amid concerns about the proliferation of nuclear, biological and other weapons and the threat of terrorism.

I remember when I first learned of the "clock" back in grade school, it was scary... now... ah who knows... I don't think the nukes will get us, it'll be the Bird Flu or Global Warming...

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I watched a special on the doomsday clock the other day on the history channel or dicovery, very interesting show with alot of cool footage. The power of atom and hydrogen bombs is amazing, I hope I never get to see one in person.

join