It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam - Dope on a rope - doll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Herobuilders does it again

Sorry, Saddam was an evil pig and all, but this is just not my idea of a good joke-toy. A doll with Saddam swinging by a noose. I don't like it.

I guess it should be expected. It will be a hit in office parties and the such. And someone was bound to make money off it.

I liked the Muhammed bobble-head with the bomb instead of the turbine - based on the Danish cartoons. That was funny. But I don't like this.

Ya'll can take a look at the article and see what you think. Here's a picture of the doll - www.herobuilders.com...

Looks like a cheesy company.

[edit on 1/15/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Yeah it's probably going to be a popular thing with people who likes jokes like that. God knows my uncle will buy one. He buys every sort of joke toy no matter what it is and then sells it on ebay once it wears off for him.

I find it tasteless. They could've done something else for a Saddam joke doll, but a hanging one? I'm with you, I don't like it. I think it is tasteless and not really funny to begin with.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
They could've done something else for a Saddam joke doll,

For a while there were little cartoons on the internet of him in a spidy-hide-hole. But that might be hard to sell as well.

Seriously - I just can't see anyone wanting a joke doll of any kind with him. He is thought to have murdered up to 2 million people. Hitler murdered at least 6 million. Would anyone want a joke doll of Hitler? No. I wouldn't want a Saddam doll in any way, shape, or form. Not even as a joke.

And a 'joke' of someone (anyone) hanging .... YUK!

join