It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Brother: What it really means in Britain today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Hi All,

Thought this would catch your attention...

Today’s Paper... This is not a tabloid... it's very telling to see this on the front page!!

Full story here Big Brother: What it really means in Britain today

The Tories ridiculed the proposal in the light of the Government's record on managing databases, citing failures in the Sex Offenders Register, the Criminal Records Bureau, and recent problems tracking criminal records from overseas.

David Davis, the shadow Home Secretary, said the ID cards database was likely to be a "white elephant" costing £20bn, and the money could be better spent on policing or border controls.

Oliver Heald, the shadow Constitutional Affairs Secretary, told the BBC that ministers were "moving one step closer to a Big Brother state". He warned against the Government being able to "set up a database from the cradle to the grave".

He asked: "Are they going to have enough security with this massive new database to ensure it isn't hacked into and that identity theft doesn't occur?"

Frightening indeed!!

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 15-1-2007 by Neon Haze]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
today and in the future is all about profiling, enough said.

britain is far worse than anything they will tell you, i know someone who has his thoughts monitored since 1992. this person is well known, so back since 1992 they had the ability to monitor 24 hours a day, human beings lifes.

at least for his sake, that it will happen to everyone in the near future.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
today and in the future is all about profiling, enough said.

i know someone who has his thoughts monitored since 1992. this person is well known, so back since 1992 they had the ability to monitor 24 hours a day, human beings lifes.

How does the government manage to pull that off? Thoughts being monitored??

I can picture thought control through various media mediums but thought monitoring??

Sounds far to far fetched to me. If Big Brother (THEY) were able to do that undetected, what would be the need to bring in all the things mentioned above??

Why would they risk exposing themselves if they already had the technology to do it by stealth?

And who was this person? If the name is sensitive I understand, but what had he done to deserve such direct observations?

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 15-1-2007 by Neon Haze]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
he is well know to people around him, and from what i understand it started back in 1992. the fact that they are doing it to this person cannot be questioned, but obviously i cannot really say much about him.

but if they had the technology to do this in 1992, back when he was at school, what tech do they have today, and how more advanced are they today.

but who this person is does not really matter, it is the fact that these things already existed back in 1992, and where is this stuff printed in the newspapers or on the news. they just say id cards and all that rubbish, if big brother was just id cards no one would care.

if his life is anything to go by, then the future is all about profiling kids all the way upto they die.

the newspaper should just have one word on there headline,

PROFILING.

[edit on 15-1-2007 by andy1033]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

if his life is anything to go by, then the future is all about profiling kids all the way upto they die.

the newspaper should just have one word on there headline,

PROFILING.

I do understand where you are coming from and I do think this is all heading to a time in the not too distant future when it becomes standard practice to embed a radio transceiver microchip inside the bodies of babies at birth.

DNA profiling is suggested but I think a far more intrusive measure is being planned.

Check this.

Pocketful of espionage: Beware the spy coins

Foiling the Oyster Card

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Britain is getting worse... unfortunately we seem to be a "cap in hand" nation. Meaning that we keep taking whatever they (the powers that be) throw at us

Just look at the con with london conjestion charge... First they introduce it... saying that it will help reduce traffic on london roads, cut pollution and the money made can be invested back into public transport... OK... sounds like it might work...

but... The trains remain overcrowded and constantly running late (signal failures, trains breaking down etc..) so obviously they havent done jack to improve transport (apart from painting a few stations and few over meaningless projects which is just lip service)

Then they up the price of train fairs above the rate of inflation... Then they raise the cost of the conjestion charge again!! Then they raise public transport fairs again

It now cost £4 to go one stop on the Tube!!!! WTF... and what do we do? Nothing...

The London underground now cost more to travel on (per mile) then the orient express!!!!

The same applies with all this Big Brother stuff they are introducing... It seems that we all just sit back and take it!

If i hear about anyone organising protests regarding ID's/Survalance cameras etc... i will be there... enough is enough... they must be really laughing at us!

andy1033

britain is far worse than anything they will tell you, i know someone who has his thoughts monitored since 1992. this person is well known, so back since 1992 they had the ability to monitor 24 hours a day, human beings lifes.

Sorry, and i dont mean to sound rude, but i think this "person you know" is probably suffering from some kind of mental disorder (possibly Paranoid Schizophrenia)

This talk of thought monitoring will only divert us from a very serious topic... We know that Government have the ability to track us via chips, introduce biometric ID's and create a DNA database... but... monitoring thoughts? Well for me that stays in the realms of science fiction, at least until i see some solid proof!!

Of course these are just my personal opinions, and i could be wrong, but i would just hate to see this thread go down the path of peoples fantasys and avoid the very real reality of what we know is happening!

It might be worth creating another thread somewhere to discuss the possibiltys of this technology you claim is monitoring peoples thoughts? just an idea...

Sorry if i have, in anyway, offended you.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by undercoverchef
Sorry, and i dont mean to sound rude, but i think this "person you know" is probably suffering from some kind of mental disorder (possibly Paranoid Schizophrenia)

This talk of thought monitoring will only divert us from a very serious topic... We know that Government have the ability to track us via chips, introduce biometric ID's and create a DNA database... but... monitoring thoughts? Well for me that stays in the realms of science fiction, at least until i see some solid proof!!

Of course these are just my personal opinions, and i could be wrong, but i would just hate to see this thread go down the path of peoples fantasys and avoid the very real reality of what we know is happening!

It might be worth creating another thread somewhere to discuss the possibiltys of this technology you claim is monitoring peoples thoughts? just an idea...

Sorry if i have, in anyway, offended you.

its handy that, he had a friend visit him for the first time in 8 years, and his friend knew exactly what was going on in his life, in that time. his close family accept what is being done to him, so it does not really matter if you believe me or not.

he would go 50 miles away to work, and people he knew from school, would come to his job and tell them personal details from his life that only he should know, and before you say it is not true, his dad was working there to, so he is a witness to what she was doing.

these things are going on, and if you think just because you do not want to believe it, than thats upto you. but at least his family have stuck by him all this time, and like i said his family were and are witness to what was and still happening to him. at least he has some sort of proof, and i just think his life is a good demo of what people can expect in the future.

monitoring and profiling are very serious topics, as they are very intrusive and are far more damaging to lifes than id cards can ever be.

i just wanted to show that far worse things are going on today than just id cards and other stuff, we are heading to a point where every moment of ones life will be logged and possibly be used against someone, or manipulated for whatever reasons.

you say start another thread, but if this is happening in britain today and the thread is about big brother in britain, there is nothing wrong in stating these things here. just because you have never heard of these things or choose not to believe in them, does not make them fantasy, but hey your entitled to your opinions.

there is that saying that you cannot make a judgement on a subject if you have totally wrong information to start with, or lack of information, i.e like how people choose to make comments on the isreali arab thing, and do not know really anything of the history of the two sides.

[edit on 16-1-2007 by andy1033]

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
andy1033

Yeah fair enough... I understand what you mean... i cannot judge someone who i do not know... maybe if i knew the person i would believe it!

However... the suggestion of mental illness was a serious one. I had a friend who started getting really paranoid about things 20 years ago... after about 10 years things started getting worse... he started saying people where following him, that people keep looking at him etc...

Myself and my friends just thought the behaviour was a bit odd but maybe people where following him... you never know...

Then one day i went to his house to collect some videos he had borrowed and see that he had placed alluminion foil all over his walls... i asked him what it was all about and he said it was to stop the Government monitoring his thoughts!! this really freaked me out... i got my videos made my excuses and left.

2 weeks passed and a group of us was in our local pub... Our friend walked in looking very distressed saying that someone was following him... i looked outside the pub but didnt see anyone... i went back in and explained that i didnt see anyone... He then turned around to one of the other guys with us and shouted "what you say about my mother"
We was all stunned by his outburst and one of my other friends said "m8 he didnt say anything"

He then started acting agresive shouting "yes he did he called my mother a ******"

He was asked to leave the pub by the pub manager and one of my friends went after him to try and find out what was going on... he came back after ten minutes and just said how the guy has lost it, smashing up a phone box on his way home and shouting crazy stuff. We sat there for about another hour just talking about what had happend and what we could do to help him... we knew by now he had some "issues" and needed help.

He then walked back into the pub... calmly walked up to the person he claimed had insulted his mother (i remember the barman shouting "Oi your barred") He then pulled out a kitchen knife and stabbed the guy 6 times in the chest killing him instantly! He then ran out of the pub back to his house, washed his hands, and waited for the police.

He is now serving time in a high security mental institution... turns out he was suffering from Paranoid Schizophrenia and when the police interviewed his mother we realised that we didnt know the half of what was going on.

Now... i am not saying that this is going to happen to your friend... or that he is definitely suffering from Schizophrenia... its just when you said that " i know someone who has his thoughts monitored since 1992" it brought back some unpleasent memorys... and i think it is something you should maybe consider... because when people just go along with these storys it just reinforces there delusions and makes things worse!

Just wanted you to know where im coming from... but im affraid ive dragged this thread a little off topic... sorry...

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by undercoverchef
Britain is getting worse... unfortunately we seem to be a "cap in hand" nation. Meaning that we keep taking whatever they (the powers that be) throw at us

Every nation would be a "cap in hand" nation, no?
And if they do rebel, you can bet that the people at top are the ones that they are truly rebelling against. (After all think of financing, strategics, etc. No nation on earth could rebel against the established, yes, establised N.W.O. Check out World trade, World police, World criminal court, etc.)

The only thing anyone can do is to start to look inward...yep, as cheesy, new-agey, etc., etc. You look inward, gain your peace, ignore the games of the 'elite' and it strips their power. Look at the movie Merlin, when they turn away from "magic" at the end...the sorceress is stripped from her power.

Sure, playing the drama is the norm for our neuron-chemicals, and many are just fine doing such. But step by step, people, like myself, will begin reclaiming the power that is rightfully theres. (realizing no one has power over you...doesnt matter what cameras are watching you on the W/C, etc.
)

to all - peace

- doesnt help that Tony Blair and the rest look like freaks.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
One other thought...

Technology is a double edge sword.
Impanted chips, etc. in themselves are not the issue.
The issue is what the childish leaders want to do with them, control.

But in the grander scheme of things, as hinted at in my above post...no one can ever have control. Its all a "lie"/deception. The best one can wish for is control over their own life, its from there that they can reach out and start effecting life around them.

Peace

dAlen

join