It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China advanced H-6 jetbomber

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   
China has already completed a new model of H-6 bomber.
i3.tinypic.com...
The bomber fitted new turbofan engine, that you can make out by airinlets shape, lead to longer range increasing 30% compare with normal Tu-16,also has higher altitude level and Clmb ratios.
This picture show a H-6G loaded 6 YJ-61 anti-ship missiles, which has extrem large capability of striking carrier come from US.

Mod Edit: Image Size – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15/1/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Emile, what do you have against the USA? Why is it that in every post you make you point out a way that it can destroy the USA?

BTW I doubt it would get past all the Rolling airframe missiles and CIWS

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackWidow23
Emile, what do you have against the USA? Why is it that in every post you make you point out a way that it can destroy the USA?

I think this is kind of inappropriate for the weapons forum; He's just bringing info which is what we all want here.
Thats an interesting pic. How recent is that?
There was something on Janes about new H-6 bombers(H-6K and H-6M) with 'improved' missile capability.

30% increase in range..
So a range of 2000-2500km?

Chinese ASCM don't have ranges beyond 200km if I'm not mistaken(long range LACM rumors of 400km+?).

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Yes, the picture is interesting. It's clearly not a "propaganda" picture but more of a "secret" picture taken by an employee. Where have you found it?

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
lol

how is H-6 advanced?

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The Chinese should use the H-6 on Kim Jong Il. There are some pros and cons about that though. North Korea's got nukes any way.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackWidow23
BTW I doubt it would get past all the Rolling airframe missiles and CIWS

What? I wanto destroy USA?

If I were you, I would so glad to hear some information from some that tell me what threaten will be and where threaten is.
In terms of your posts before, I do not think your brain is so simple, so think again.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Figher Master FIN
Yes, the picture is interesting. It's clearly not a "propaganda" picture but more of a "secret" picture taken by an employee. Where have you found it?

The pic originally posted in Chinese forum, but now has been erased totally.

Originally posted by Daedalus3
I think this is kind of inappropriate for the weapons forum; He's just bringing info which is what we all want here.
Thats an interesting pic. How recent is that?
There was something on Janes about new H-6 bombers(H-6K and H-6M) with 'improved' missile capability.

30% increase in range..
So a range of 2000-2500km?

Chinese ASCM don't have ranges beyond 200km if I'm not mistaken(long range LACM rumors of 400km+?).

Yes, that you known is past time, do you promiss in next year there will be no long -range cruise missile to be taken photos secretly so that we will see it for sure? China has developing LRCM for a long time, even since GULF WAR 1991 when PLA realized how useful and powerful that US cruise missile is!
BTW, I don't think advanced that must means Low detectable or Hypersonic.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
what do you mean by "erased totally"?
I saw this picture on just about every single chinese military fan website i know of.

I guess H-6 will evetually become a naval bomber, attacking ships with huge anit-ship cruise missiles.
I supposed it might actually be quite deadly that way.

[edit on 1/16/2007 by warset]

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
It would be simple enough to create a sub launched anti aircraft missile. What are the odds we have such a tool at our disposal and have a few ready to be deployed onto advanced LA class or Virginia class subs if need be.

Our recon and satallites probably watch everyone of these things when they take off and keep tabs on everything and everywhere they fly. The second one were to launch or threaten to launch I bet a Sub patrolling off the coast of China right now would have the ability to be used as a forward stealth missile boat. Just sit 60 feet under and launch at the aircraft the second the cross into int. waters if they are acting hostile. Launch and scoot away bombers get toasted and maybe a cruise missile or two gets off. Sub runs and hides and if anything got through, well F22 or Carrier based F18 Super Hornets say Syonara as they launch volleys of Air to Air missiles to down them before they even get orientated towords their targets.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
nop, these cruise missiles will be fired at about 300km away, and the bomber will leave after fireing.

normally these things are being launched on ships, but now H-6 is getting that ability too, so we will have a bomber firing anti-ship missiles at ships and turn abound and leaves. Quite a smart idea eh...

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by warset
nop, these cruise missiles will be fired at about 300km away, and the bomber will leave after fireing.

normally these things are being launched on ships, but now H-6 is getting that ability too, so we will have a bomber firing anti-ship missiles at ships and turn abound and leaves. Quite a smart idea eh...

Care to share with us how these missiles will received mid-course guidance and updates? Or, how about how a bomber that was designed in the 50's will actually be able to accurately target a surface combatant from 300km away?

Max range of an ASCM doesn't amount to squat if you can't guarentee the bird will land on the target you shoot at........

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
SM-6 or a naval CAP will both have more than 300km range. And the SM-6 will be able to shoot down both the bomber or each individual cruise missile, if it has to.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The H-6 is old tech with new missles, in other words its garbage per Janes!

H-6 Janes

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mel1962
The H-6 is old tech with new missles, in other words its garbage per Janes!

H-6 Janes

and by that theory the B-52 nust be garbage as its old as well

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Well 'those' missiles will not be launchable from 300km, more like 150-200km max.
And yes the H-6 will have the ability to track and engage targets at such ranges.
IMO Naval CAP is the way to counter.
SM-6 having ranges of ~300km? You sure about that?

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
SM-6 having ranges of ~300km? You sure about that?

Of course the intended range is classified, however we can estimate
. The SM-6 will use the airframe of the (now cancelled) RIM-165 Block IVA (RIM-156B) missile, including the same propulsion units and the modified Mk125 Mod 1 warhead. At this time plans also call for it to be equipped with the seeker from the AIM-120C7, but it may get the AIM-120D seeker depending no how things go. Anyway, the RIM-156 Block IV had a max range of 150 miles (241 km), the RIM-156 Block IVA had a max range close to 200 miles (321 km).

SM-2 ER
SM-6 PDF

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
lol my mistakes, edit

that's not a cruise missile~

[edit on 1/17/2007 by warset]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Which missile are you talking about? There is no Chinese missile in that document that mentions a range anywhere close to 400 km.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Which missile are you talking about? There is no Chinese missile in that document that mentions a range anywhere close to 400 km.

But we can be rest assured that they've got one in the works if not in the bag already. Infact I'm thinking of ranges closer to 1000km.
Remember the Pak 'Babur' cruise missile with proclaimed ranges of 600km?
You can bet there's a lot of 'China' in that Babur.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join