It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO chases car in Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I searched ATS with different keywords and could not find a thread with this footage, so if it's already been done. . my apologies!

Im not the only one to make the observation of a flood of hoax UFO vids in the community due to the youtube phenomenon. I am not saying this is real, matter of fact I think its pretty obvious its a hoax. However there are some interesting qualities about it. Although if it were real, wouldnt it have been all over the news?

I dont have any video editing software, so if someone else does, take a look at it. Specifically, can someone capture an image of the girl screaming in back and lighten it up to see her reaction?

Interesting footage.

[edit on 15-1-2007 by amongus]

[edit on 15-1-2007 by amongus]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 02:43 AM
link   
its a hoax from the australian ufo wave, they made about a dozen videos. google, australian ufo wave

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Im pretty sure this was covered a while ago. The general thought was that its a fake. Like most fakes , this ones undoing is the camera movement . Most hoaxers dont understand that is takes expensive and complicated equipment to match the fake footage with the real. you can see the the light moves with the camera when it pans around.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I downloaded the video and tried to brighten it up and the video is just too poor quality to see anything in it..

I see where you're going with that though, a young childs face could mean the difference between a hoax and reality....

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   
As i said in my first post, All videos including this one which you have posted have been confirmed a hoax.

In April 2006, the Australian Film Commission funded an experimental digital video project by director Christopher Kenworthy. Between June and mid-August 2006 thirty-one clips of UFOs were created. The UFO videos were distributed over the internet via websites and video podcasts. Writers crafted background stories for the sightings, and answered thousands of e-mails using a fictional persona. The process, reactions and responses were recorded for a forthcoming documentary.

The project was hugely successful, being viewed by many millions of people. Very few people suspected that the clips were manufactured. Gradually, the level of plausibility was reduced, but only when the last two clips were uploaded did a large number of people get suspicious. It's also worth noting that two of the UFO clips we distributed were quite genuine - and no researcher was able to pick which two they were.

FICTIONAL REPORT: 04.08.06, Bullsbrook, WA. Three witnesses.

This family saw a light ahead of them but (being familiar with the area) they assumed it was normal aircraft activity, until the light approached and hovered above them, just in front of the car. They then managed to capture this footage.

REALITY: At one point, we planned to shoot a naturalistic and realistic scene, but as this was the project's finale, we decided to have some fun and make a mini horror movie.

It was good fun, and the actors did an excellent job, but I was very surprised to find that many people still accepted this as real, and wrote to tell us so. No UFO researchers thought it was real, as far as I'm aware. Here are some comments from the web:

Source
www.australianufowave.com...

www.australianufowave.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiloke
Im pretty sure this was covered a while ago. The general thought was that its a fake. Like most fakes , this ones undoing is the camera movement . Most hoaxers dont understand that is takes expensive and complicated equipment to match the fake footage with the real. you can see the the light moves with the camera when it pans around.

My sincere apologies for it have been covered before. . I hate when people post stuff thats been covered. But sometimes the hits are too numerous to go through. If you or a mod can find the original thread for me, I'd appreciate it. . and feel free to close this one.

If not, I'd love to hear what people think. . .and if there is a way to lighten the image to see the childs face.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Enough said! Mods, please feel free to close this thread.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   
no apologies needed!! haha its always good to keep searching, you never know what you are going to find.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Even though it is a fake video, I like the concept.. A lot of older reports are said to happen this way, but this is the first footage I've ever come across. Interesting anyway..

Okay, now you can close!

new topics

top topics

join