It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haunted From Birth. Is It Genetic?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I was born the only child to the daughter ( 1st of 8) of a very gifted medium. My grandmother has amazed (and disturbed) several members of my family and friends, including myself, with her uncanny ability to communicate with "The Departed". Although I am certain my mother also has had her share of experiences, we've never really spoken about it. I am personally aware of certain instances so I know they have happened. Anyway, my story is this: I was born right in the middle of the middle hour (12:30 pm) of the middle day of the Sagittarius/Capricorn cusp. This is known as the Cusp Of Prophecy. It is also the winter solstice, and the longest night of the year...When I was born, the doctor had to remove a long, dark, sinewy cord (similar to, but NOT, an umbilical cord) that was wrapped around my neck. As they did this, they noticed that the cord went into my mouth. This is where it gets weird. They pulled about 6.5 ft. of this stuff out of my throat. My grandmother told my mother that it was my "veil", and indicated my gift of the second sight. I always laugh when people call it "a gift", because believe me it's anything but. I know there are doubters and skeptics out there, and that is okay. My grandmother has left more than a few of those slack-jawed and bug-eyed in her time. Anyways. Long story short: I've been plagued by visions and apparitions on and off for my whole life. I've seen some pretty scary stuff. Believe me, I'm not kidding here. Now, being that my grandmother, mother and I all have the "gift" to some extent, I suppose chances are good that my poor daughter will have to experience many of the same terrifying things that I did. This disturbs me greatly. We recently moved into a new (to us) house. The lady we purchased it from had a terminal illness. She passed on shortly after we took possession. We also found out after the fact that the lady's husband had died in the house. We never have inquired about the circumstances because my wife believes we shouldn't stir things up (she truly is the yin to my yang). Recently there has been some rather alarming activity in our home. My daughter will sometimes abruptly stop whatever she is doing, look at a fixed or, sometimes even more terrifying, moving object visible only to her and either wave like there's someone there, or kick and scream like there's someTHING there. Both reactions are equally unnerving for my wife, who has also seen other unexplainable phenomena in our home. I must admit, I myself have seen and felt some things in this house which could not be explained. Although I do not get an overall sense of foreboding or dread from this place, I know that something is not right. What I wish to know is if anyone has some way to reduce my daughter's sensitivity to these things. I'd rather spare her the sorrow if I could. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I find it very interesting that you are a man endowed with such psychic sensitivies* Usually a feminine thing, indicates your mind/soul is more evolved*
I do not know, but I have heard of mediums self medicating themselves to a certain degree of sucess with tranqilizer drugs such as valium or xanax, almost always leads to addiction due to the sensitive natures of the mediums system, not reccomended

I have some idea of how terrifying it must be, having seen some etherial unpleasantness myself: my advice, and it is terribly sorry advice-- is to do your best to teach her to not be afraid, that whatever she sees cannot harm her, that she should be proud of her gift (but dont talk about it at school) and help her adapt as best she can

It will likely continue because their is right now a massive paradigm shift occuring, cant you feel it? Everywhere there is general chaos, the "vapors before the wedding" so to speak, and that included terriastal life and otherwise, interesting years ahead

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by subliminaut
the cord went into my mouth. ... They pulled about 6.5 ft. of this stuff out of my throat. My grandmother told my mother that it was my "veil",

A baby couldn't handle 6 1/2 feet of cord in their thoat. That has to be a mistake.

the 'veil' is a thin skin-like layer that is over the baby's face - specifically the eyes - and it is lifted off the baby. It isn't a cord.

I too am a haunted person. My mother and both grandmothers had gifts but not in the area of being haunted. they had prophecy dreams and that sort of thing. I have dreams that come true and spooks around me all the time. They are everywhere - in homes, in stores, in doctors offices, in places of business .. they are everywhere.

I don't think it's genetic and I don't think it has to do with when you are born. (I was born in june) My husband, who used to not believe in any of that stuff, spent one weekend with me before we were married and came away a believer. Why? He finally paid attention to what was around him. Now, he too is 'haunted'.

I am of the opinion that it isn't genetics, it's not 'time of birth' .. it's just a matter of paying attention. EVERYONE is haunted, it's just that they don't know it and they are too busy with worldly things to sit still a moment and just listen and look around them.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I just want to confirm you can inherit your gifts, but you can also choose to ignore them.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
First of all I'd like to thank you all for the input. I'd also like to clarify something. When I referred to the 6.5ft. of cord coming from my throat, i meant total length including what was wrapped around my neck. I said coming from my throat as it is the last visible point. I assumed myself that it probably went most of the way in to my stomach. Also I neglected to mention that my daughter is only 11 months old, so Xanax and Valium are not really an option here. And as for being able to ignore my "gift", if I could, believe me I would. Unfortunately some things get your attention no matter how hard you try to ignore them.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
HeySub-Thanks for sharing. My husbands side of the family has a "gift" also. He is included in this experience. Unfortunately our daughter shares these "gifts". When she was little she saw many things and even had people she would talk to. When she was about five or six things kind of stopped for a while. Then when she started puberty it started again.

The good thing is she and my husband can kind of control it. Basically if they don't think about it or pursue it things leave them alone. So if your daughter does get what you have she will probably be able to control it the older she gets. Hope that helps.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher777
Basically if they don't think about it or pursue it things leave them alone.

that's kind of what I was getting at. The spooks are everywhere and they can be very obnoxious about wanting attention. However, they get MORE obnoxious if they notice that you have noticed them. Ignoring them seems to cut the din down.

top topics

join