It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Paranormal + Investigation Photos

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I will get around to writing up some of my experiences sometime in the next couple of days and post them

I've been having a close look at some of the night photos in a photo editor and i found one object to be particularly interesting. The bottom ones that are red were just done by a mate in photoshop. All he did was change some of the light levels.

The full image that is taken from is listed as number 10 in the post i made earlier.

Is it just me, or is there a face/skull in that orb? In the lightened ones it seems to be some form of skull or distorted face. What are your thoughts?

[edit on 21-1-2007 by fooffstarr]

[edit on 22-1-2007 by fooffstarr]

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Kind of a shameless bump here.

The images above are far more than i expected to find out of the trip and i'd still like some more opinions on what they could be showing.

Might as well put this update in a pre-existing post:

We are planning on taking another trip up to the cemetery with the voice recorders and cameras this coming weekend, most probably Friday or Saturday night.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I'm looking forward to your findings, and nice pics btw, honest.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by downunder666
I'm looking forward to your findings, and nice pics btw, honest.

Cheers!

I was really hoping for more interest in this.

The photo in question is puzzling me. We didn't see anything there when we took it, it was just darkness. When we go to load it up onto the PC we notice a yellow/orange light, which in turn houses what looks like a skull... now i'd call that weird.

I've gone as far as i can with analysis of it. I only know one person with editing knowledge and they've had a look at it and did the filter jobs on it for me that you can see a few posts up.

They also mentioned that you get the same result if you use the same filters on a real person's face... so that is what has me really interested.

I'm hoping that one of the local photo analyst gurus will stumble on this topic and go into the images in more depth for me.

[edit on 23-1-2007 by fooffstarr]

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
I've gone as far as i can with analysis of it. I only know one person with editing knowledge and they've had a look at it and did the filter jobs on it for me that you can see a few posts up.

They also mentioned that you get the same result if you use the same filters on a real person's face... so that is what has me really interested.[edit on 23-1-2007 by fooffstarr]

Ok, its really hard to see anything within the orange light, could it be a street light or something?
I guess I could make out a few faces; but it would be my imagination.
This said your pictures are clearly truthful, and dont appear to be edited.
Its just seems everyone that ghost hunts ALWAYS finds something...
Its nice to find someone that hasnt!
(unless that orange pic turns out to be something??)
This is credit to your future posts if you do happen to come accross something, in my opinion.

Mod Edit: Quoting Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2-3-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
fooffstarr,

Great post. I'll be very interested in seeing how you get on on future 'hunts'!.

Would like to see a group start up in Melbourne too :-)

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Monte Cristo is located about 30km from where I live. Some strange stories have been reported.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GBBumblebee
Monte Cristo is located about 30km from where I live. Some strange stories have been reported.

I can remember reading somewhere that Monte Cristo is Australia's 'most haunted' site.

I'd love to check that out, but i guess as a consolation prize i might be able to have a look through Trial Bay Gaol in the next few months, so i'm happy with that!

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Hey GBBumblebee,

Have you ever ventured to the Monte?
I have heard alot about this place, and apparently it is extremely haunted?
Would you ever consider investigating?

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Ok, so i promised i would post some of the experiences that led me to become interested in the paranormal, and i have some free time now so here goes nothing.

I'll explain the man and car incident more clearly first, because it is the one that interests me the most. I could pinpoint the spot on GoogleEarth if i wasn't on dial-up, because i've had a look around my town before at an internet cafe. I i ever log onto ATS from somewhere with some decent speed internet, i'll get a screencap of the street in Google Earth and put some markings on it.

Myself and a friend (the one who came on the night trip to the cemetery with me) had walked from my house about 3 blocks to a pizza place to get some dinner and were on our way home.

It was fairly dark apart from the occasional street light and at the end of the street was a crest. At the top of this crest we could see the outline of a man standing in the street light, in the middle of the road. A car's headlights flashed from the other side of the crest and the man's figure was defined even clearer. The car then came over the crest, went seemingly through the man and continued past us. There was no longer anyone in the streetlight, nor did the car register that he had hit anyone or thought he/she had.

From that description a possible explanation would be a 'shadow', but i can swear it was not a shadow, it was a person, or what looked like one, illuminated by the lights.

I'll post again soon with some more personal experiences.
Thanks for reading.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I've been to Junee a few times over the years (Monte Cristo overlooks Junee from the outskirts), but I've never been to the homestead myself.

I am definitely no investigator though. I'm the wrong guy for that job.

[edit on 31/1/07 by GBBumblebee]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
One of the most famous hauntings in Australia is Fisher's Ghost. I heard the story when i was only 4 or 5 and it has stuck in my mind ever since. If you want to talk about Aussie ghosts, you have to mention Fisher's Ghost on the top of the list.

The story dates back to the early nineteenth century when Campbelltown was just a little town surrounded by farmland. In those horse and cart days, it was a very long way to the main settlement of Sydney Town fifty-three kilometres away.

In 1826 a Campbelltown farmer named Fred Fisher suddenly disappeared. His friend and neighbour George Worrall said that Fred that returned to England and that Fred had given him power of attorney to look after his affairs and farm...continues Source

Wikiepedia on Fisher's Ghost

Castle of Spirits - Fisher's Ghost

Mod Edit: Quoting Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   

One of the most famous hauntings in Australia is Fisher's Ghost.

First I`ve heard about it.

If you want to talk about Aussie ghosts

Yeah they usually appear wearing a faded blue tank top,stubbies and thongs with a xxxx resting on their gut saying "Boo ya mongrel"

But besides that,in Western Australia there was a ship wreck the Alkamos just north of Quinns Rocks which was supposed to have been haunted,where many strange occurrences were supposed to have happened.A radio station set up in for a night where they say really weird things took place and vowed not to return.

I know of a couple of stories about it,but cant find on the net any sites that has info on it.

If you have google earth you can still see the outline of the Alkamos,google earth has one of those white ball things to indicate something of interest for the Alkamos but they have it in the wrong location (but not too far away)as you can see still see it barely.

Pity there`s only two smallish pieces left above sea level now.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I've heard of that spot. It might be in one of the books i have kicking around here. I've got to put it on my 'to go to' list

Thanks for posting the story, it is what I'm hoping to start up here. Alongside the places my team investigates, i want anyone else from Australia to post the ghost stories from their region. Speaking of which, which part of the country are you from?

removed quote of previous post: Quoting Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 03:17 AM
link   

I've heard of that spot. It might be in one of the books i have kicking around here. I've got to put it on my 'to go to' list

Perth here

I`d be interested if and what your book mentions about it,there was a documentry made about the Alkamos ship wreck,with heaps of bazzare stories about it,how much of them are true of coarse I have no idea.

Thanks for posting the story, it is what I'm hoping to start up here.

Alongside the places my team investigates, i want anyone else from Australia to post the ghost stories from their region. Speaking of which, which part of the country are you from?

Ok,Ill have a scan around and see if I can find some links to supposed haunted places over here.

Found one Fremantle Prison This is a link to wiki about the history of the former prison.

This Link has some pic`s of supposed ghosts from the prison.

I know they do ghost tours at night there,though I`ve never been on one.Might be a good laugh though.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Melbourne / Regional Vic here.

I'm attracted to this site purely out of curiousty, I would consider myself a sceptic, but at the same time would love to proven wrong!! I have some beleive in paranormal, but I prefer to call it energy of sorts.

In my past I have encoutered, I guess what you could say paranormal experiences, however dismissed every case, Now I am tring to take an open mind.

I was inspired by some video footage aired here in melbourne regarding an unknown Image that appeared on a security camera; it was thoroughly examined and determined legite; do you think i can find the footage online?? Anyways its sparked an interest, so now I'm kinda looking for answers to satisfy myself...

I know as a child I would hear and see things, but I would consider that to be my imagination, or was it?? mmm

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I know it has been a while, but we aren't dead surprisingly enough.

Tomorrow night marks our return, more organized visit to the convict-era graveyard.

We've got 2 digital cameras, one video camera, several voice recorders, and an assortment of torches / tripods / other accessories.

I'll let you know in the next few days the results + any videos/photos/sound clips that come out of it.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
So much for the promised investigation.

When we arrived, gear and all, we were faced with a small drunken army of Aboriginals who did all in their power to make us leave... which we did.

Sorry for the short post, even though i doubt anyone is still reading this topic
, but i just had to let those that are still reading that the trip has been postponed - AGAIN.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
fooffstarr,

Have you ever heard of Victor Zammit? He is down in Australia. I do not know what part of the country he lives in.

Anyway he does Materializations with David Tompson and the MP3 are on his site. Its interesting stuff.

www.victorzammit.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join