It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you rationalize Alien disclosure?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
SteveR please explain the commonalities we have with these higher beings. They might be similar in form but i doubt our minds could be compared to theirs. I would think they would all be atheists as well because i can't see a species surviving long enough to become advanced beings while still maintaining faith in some God. They would also have to rid their minds of greed and other undesired characteristics, that would take a very long time.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DraconianKing
SteveR please explain the commonalities we have with these higher beings. They might be similar in form but i doubt our minds could be compared to theirs. I would think they would all be atheists as well because i can't see a species surviving long enough to become advanced beings while still maintaining faith in some God. They would also have to rid their minds of greed and other undesired characteristics, that would take a very long time.

Just because we bastardize God's name and image on earth, doesn't mean he doesn't exist. He is higher than most people's comprehension, but it doesn't mean he is any less divine.

So an advanced race of people would have at least narrowed the field down to one creator, so that immature conflicts of religion don't interfere I would imagine.

AAC

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   
You would think that a "search for god" may even be the reason some species went into space to begin with. Remeber our earliest gods were all stars and planets. If modern religions never took hold than we would probably already be in ships, on our way to try to meet Aires or Zeus. Its possible that at least one of the species we meet will be in search of "god". What happens when you meet them? are you going to call the morons for believing in god?

Please see my post earlier about the "rules for contact".

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by DraconianKing
SteveR please explain the commonalities we have with these higher beings. They might be similar in form but i doubt our minds could be compared to theirs.

Draconian King please explain the commonalities we have with these other cultures. They might be similar in form but i doubt our minds could be compared to theirs.

Sounds like a note sent to Darwin during the 19th century at a time when we were alienated and ignorant of other peoples.

I beleive your thinking process contains many predefined concepts. Unfortunately you are dealing with something that requires a review of all those mental concepts. And, some new ones.

It requires a realization. A realization that as long as the rain drops on our faces, we share a common bond. We are all parts of the absolute, we are all children of the universe and we are all sovereign light beings. That alone justifies contact and friendship.

Human beings are not "single celled organisms" in comparison. They have inherited divine potential, just as the "Greys" have. We can only benefit from working together and sharing our pieces of the puzzle.

I have a vision for all this and more.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiloke
If modern religions never took hold than we would probably already be in ships, on our way to try to meet Aires or Zeus.

No footstep is necessary for the great beyond to be within.

The internet serves as a great allegory.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join