It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very important message

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Your freedom to post on whatever forum you like is being threatened

The internet is changing. The world's biggest internet providers are creating a system in which they can decide which sites you have access to, and which you don't.

This means: those who have the cash will have popular websites. And sites that start off small, like eBay or Wikipedia did, will not be able to get anywhere. This is massive discrimination and censorship.

We are just a small group of students, but with your help, we can stop this.
How? By making people aware of it.

More info on: www.movielol.com... .
We use this website to spread the word and make videoclips that document our threatened internet culture.
The first videoclip is about funny cats.

Defend your internet freedom, before it's too late.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The video was both amusing and informative. I like that the site provided links to write my state and local politicians to state my desire for the internet to remain fully accessible for everyone.

Good site, I also signed up for future updates from movielol.com.

It is good to see some regular folks making a difference. Thanks

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Nice post.

I signed the petition to my Congresspersons as follows:

Congress must preserve a free and open Internet. Please vote for enforceable network neutrality and keep tollbooths, gatekeepers, and discrimination off my Internet.

Network Neutrality means uncensored internet access for millions of Americans and millions more across the globe, without discriminatory controls on the Internet's traffic and content.

Please act immediately to save the Internet.

Currently the Internet is the last form of uncensored free speech. I urge you to refuse to acknowledge, uphold, or sign any legislation that would infringe upon our Constitutional Rights!

Sent to Brownback and Moran

[edit on 1/14/2007 by Infoholic]

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I don't get it. This is never going to happen. If a company starts regulating what sites you go to your going to switch providers. Companies will lose money if they try to do this.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I think he is trying to talk about "Net Neutrality".

Which is unfortunate, because you'd think a group opposed to something would be able to articulate information about it properly.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainLazy
I don't get it. This is never going to happen. If a company starts regulating what sites you go to your going to switch providers. Companies will lose money if they try to do this.

Which service provider would they switch to, if they are all in fact working together to control the internet's traffic and content?

It doesn't in the least mean they will lose money, it is a means of guaranteeing them money. If anything, it would guarantee them more money. Everyone on the web today would lose out on the choice of providers... but since there is only 3 to choose from (just guessing here), you'll be able to get online, just by using their service. If you don't like their service, you won't be able to get online.

You will still want to be on the web, right? How are you going to do that?

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
I think he is trying to talk about "Net Neutrality".

Which is unfortunate, because you'd think a group opposed to something would be able to articulate information about it properly.

Instead of voicing your opinion of opposition towards someone's accent, how about an opinion of the future of the web?

Here is some research material about the future of the internet, as far as content and accessibility are concerned. I think we can all safely say and agree the future providers would be ATT, Verison, Comcast, and Time Warner.

top topics

join