It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Reagon's remarks during screening of movie "Close Encounters"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
Reagan it seems was always a believer in UFOs/aliens.

www.youtube.com...

I was looking for a quote by him but I found this video of it and this is all the more better.

Yes, this is a fairly well known video of him. . nothing new, but still always great to see the clip!

The Spielberg comment still has me looking for more info about it. But think that the link provided in this thread covers all that is known. So, no doubt a dead end unless Steven decides to break his silence.

What was the clinton comment?

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   

What was the Clinton comment?

"on the alien issue, no one can imagine how bad the situation really is"

according to the poster. I also am interested in further information on this quote and any links or sources where it could be found. I'm doing some digging myself.

[edit on 15-1-2007 by captinofcats]

[edit on 15-1-2007 by captinofcats]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I did a simple search on Google and found this www.presidentialufo.com...

I'm not sure how credible the source is but it is some interesting info.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   
perhaps its true but it seems pretty unlikely that Reagan would've known much, i mean he looked like he didnt know what day of the week it was let alone what was going on within the secret(est) services. Why would they let the front man know the truth anyway, one slip up & they could risk losing all the secrecy they have gained. There's also the possibility that the presidents get false information or disinformation....it would surely be too much of a risk for the person interacting with the public to have deep secret knowledge of these things.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Sorry for may bad english, i'm italian. I want reply to this post with a link. Maybe some user of ATS knows it.

SERPO PROJECT

This is the story of the exchange program between human and EBE aliens. It seems that this particular case inspired (maybe with some information from the real project) S. Spielberg. It's very interesting, and seems that Reagan say that thing because he knows the serpo's project, of course.

[edit on 15-1-2007 by ImShrike]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Thats the first time I have ever heard that line from Regan about aliens to Speilberg. Kinda strainge, that is the second alien reference that the late presedent had made. Any other references that we know of? I also didnt know about the clinton reference.

I doubt they would clue in our current president on anything with aliens this moron would just probably want to go to war with them.
no wonder he said ask cheney.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
This doesnt supprise me, we all know that the government knows more about Aliens than they will ever admit to.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by admriker444
I recall reading somewhere a long time ago about a comment President Reagon made. He and his staff were getting an exclusive screening of the movie Close Encounters.
Anyone provide some links or further insight on this ?

How "Exclusive" could it have been??? If it were President Reagan and his staff, they were watching a movie that had already been out in the theaters for 3 years.

President Reagan took office in 1980.
Close Encounters came out in 1977.

Unless you are talking about President Reagan getting a special screening when he was Govenor of California, which would make sense since that is where Hollywood is, and he was Govenor. That i might believe.

www.imdb.com...

Kind regards,
john

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Don't forget Reagan's Hollywood background. He started out in politics as president of the Screen Actor's Guild.

I would suspect his quote pertains to some old, maybe new, Hollywood connections--something in the making of the movie. Tidbits of glitzy gossip mixed with real NSA info.

Ask John Poindexter or another one of his National Security Advisors:

William P. Clark, Jr. 1982–1983
Robert McFarlane 1983–1985
John Poindexter 1985–1986
Frank Carlucci 1986–1987
Colin Powell 1987–1989

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The author is referring to "Close Encounters" but I think the actual comment is during "E.T. the Extra Terrestrial" which sounds weird. I wonder if any other alien movies worried the government because of the realism? Signs, Alien, that one with Charlie Sheen..

At least President Clinton didn't make Reagan's comment during Mars Attacks

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrakkerfaceThere's also the possibility that the presidents get false information or disinformation....it would surely be too much of a risk for the person interacting with the public to have deep secret knowledge of these things.

I think that there may be some element of truth in this in the general scheme of things...not just UFO / Alien stuff.

I mean would you allow a member of the public who has not worked their way through "the system" access t anything special. They would need to earn a right of passage I reckon. So when you think of it, theoretically any member of the public could be President. Despite the possible power the role holds he aint god almighty. All they bring to the job is their lifetime experiences. Does the election to President give someone the right to access all that there is? IMHO no. What do I know though?

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Heck, look at my sig for Reagan's beliefs....

Helps to know a bit about Spielberg.... His very first movie (when a kid) was based on the Battle of LA event, and Close Encounters is kind of a "remake" in a sense, and combines elements of the Holloman AFB landing event of UFO folklore, etc. Given the scope of Spielberg's work, it's pretty easy to see he has a particular fondness for the subject.

I doubt they would clue in our current president on anything with aliens this moron would just probably want to go to war with them

I'd bet dollars to donuts his daddy knows (who do you think told Reagan), but lets just pray that George Sr. had the foresight and intellect to keep this little secret from little Dubya.

[edit on 15-1-2007 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Spielberg also made that mini series taken, it seems alot of that series is based on the montauk series of books, plus roswell and some others.

whatever you say about the montauk story, an experiment like that would have taken place somewhere, i am talking mainly about the human experiments with the mind etc...

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Actually,it was Eisenhower.I believe I first read this story in Timothy Good's book "Above Top Secret"

On the night and early hours of February 20-21, 1954, while on a ‘vacation’ to Palm Springs, California, President Dwight Eisenhower went missing and allegedly was taken to Edwards Air force base for a secret meeting. When he showed up the next morning at a church service in Los Angeles, reporters were told that he had to have emergency dental treatment the previous evening and had visited a local dentist. The dentist later appeared at a function that evening and presented as the ‘dentist’ who had treated Eisenhower. The missing night and morning has subsequently fueled rumors that Eisenhower was using the alleged dentist visit as a cover story for an extraordinary event. The event is possibly the most significant that any American President could have conducted: an alleged ‘First Contact’ meeting with extraterrestrials at Edwards Air Force base (previously Muroc Airfield)

Link

Tea

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033...it is because we even need conditioning to live with different people of our own race. look at the divisions in our own world that has gone on. if we cannot live together in peace being what some say all humans being the same race, how are we going to take others coming here and living amongst us...

Aliens can live here if they want, but they should pull their weight. I'm sick of supporting people who refuse to support themselves.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Forgot to clarify, it was during "ET", not CE3K....that he made the comment, allegedly.

I'm not sure how credible the source is but it is some interesting info.

It's pretty reliable, at least in that they reference their sources, etc. and seem to be pretty on the ball for the most part. Definitely the site is an interesting read...poke a little closer...

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Seems like the British Government also knows alot more about UFO's if what Georgina Bruni said is true. Apparently she approached Margaret Thatcher and asked her out right about UFO's. To which Margaret Thatcher replied. "UFOs! You must get your facts right and you can't tell the people". What she meant by this is anyones guess. Still quite intriguing though.

www.forteantimes.com...
en.wikipedia.org...'t_Tell_the_People

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
it was ET and it was second hand information. Spielberg was being interviewed by a Japanese film crew producing some sort of documentary. Spielberg sort of mentions Reagan comment to him. This information from the film crew is later passed to Jaime Shandera who is the one that initially publishes Reagan's comment.

Jaime did not interview Spielberg directly, but received his information on hersay from the Japanese film crew.

Which is why Spielberg will not comment on the quote again in public. Which I am sure was at the request of Reagan's handlers while he was still in office.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Great movie. I can watch it whenever a network shows it.

I remember listening to an older interview on C2C about President Jimmy Carter planning on disclosing his knowledge of the UFO phenomena to the public during his presidency. We all know that that disclosure never happened. During the interview, the guest mentioned that someone asked President Carter about that vow of disclosure at a book signing event, and Carter looked at him and his eyes welled up with tears. Tell me he wasn't sworn to secrecy. If I can find that interview, I will post it.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Those two qoutes are interesting. But sometimes i kinda think that the one clinton and reagen made aren't literal. Maybe regan was referring to how real the movie is. And clinton was referring to how bad the secrecy in general is. I just had to put that in, but maybe there could be some truth to both.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join