It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Guard labels U.S., Britain, Israel as Axis of Evil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
From Yahoo News

TEHRAN (Reuters) - The commander of Iran's Revolutionary Guards said on Sunday the United States, Britain and Israel were an "axis of evil" trying to drive a wedge between Shi'ite and Sunni Muslims.

President Bush originally labeled Iran, North Korea and Iraq -- before U.S. troops invaded -- as part of an "axis of evil." Washington accuses Iran of backing terrorism and trying to build atomic bombs, charges Tehran denies.

"America, Britain and the Zionist regime (Israel) are an axis of evil against the Islamic world and the whole of humanity," Guards Commander-in-Chief Yahya Rahim Safavi was quoted as saying by Iran's student news agency ISNA.

Well well. Now how about that for a turn around spin on the ole familiar phrase. But from their perspective, quite befitting.

I can't really say I blame em.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Is "Axis of Evil" copyrighted?
If so I expect this commander will be receiving a summons in the post any time now

Seriously though, I can agree with his point of view. The most vocal states calling for, and participating / instigating confict right now, are the USA, UK and Israel.

War is good for business, which the elites who run our western countries, directly profit from. Kinda sick really that those who call for, and send others off to die, enrich themselves while ordinary people die or are maimed for life.

If they think the cause is so just, let's see them with a rfile in hand leading from the front

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
They are our enemies! This is great propaganda for the Nation of Iran! Heck, it's great propaganda for Democrats also! You are even falling for it!

This is just an example of how it is good to pay attention to our enemies. They like to let their true feelings be known. Remember how Al-Queda supported Democrats during the 2006 elections?

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Remember how Al-Queda supported Democrats during the 2006 elections?

Oh yeah.. they went door to door in the Midwest campaigning for those votes..

>knock knock<

"Sallam, my name is Abdul Muhammed and I am with Al-Qaeda. May I ask who you will be voting for, evil Infidel?"

df1

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I beg to differ. By all evidence it seems that Muslims are more partial to the Republican party.

Muslims For Bush
Republican Muslims of Minnesota
American Muslims at the GOP Convention

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1

I beg to differ. By all evidence it seems that Muslims are more partial to the Republican party.

Muslims For Bush
Republican Muslims of Minnesota
American Muslims at the GOP Convention

Are you trying to say all Muslims support Al-Queda?

Al-Queda is famous for their "press releases." Try reading or listening to them sometimes. They sound just like Democrats speeches. I think Al-Queda gets their talking pts straight from Democrats.

How many Muslim congressmen do we have? One! He happens to be a Democrat.

df1

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Are you trying to say all Muslims support Al-Queda?

Are any members of Al-Queda Iranian? I assumed you meant Muslim since their are no Iranians that are member of that group. We have plenty of Egyptians, Saudis and Pakistanis that support Al-Queda and Republicans, but strangely we have no Iranians. Go figure.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Good point. AQ is Wahhabi Sunni. No self respecting Shia would put themselves in that group.

having said that, Iran does have a Sunni Arab minority... But Pakistani's and Saudi's (funnily enough, two key US allies) make up the bulk of AQ chaps.

UDM

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

>knock knock<

"Sallam, my name is Abdul Muhammed and I am with Al-Qaeda. May I ask who you will be voting for, evil Infidel?"

I wish someone came to my house to ask that

UDM

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

>knock knock<

I wish someone came to my house to ask that

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Pretty original. What's next a deck of cards like these?

en.wikipedia.org...

UDM

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
it would surprise me if they used something like that to get people to go along with the plan.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Goodness, with all these axises of evil around there must be a few wheels falling off the cart?!

Carts on planet earth were stalemated due to an excess in access to the axis of evils.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Why shouldn't Iran respond like this? It's totally true from their perspective (even though I am aware that some of you don't have the capability of seeing things from more than one perspective anymore, leavin you myopic).

Main Entry: my·o·pia
1 : a condition in which the visual images come to a focus in front of the retina of the eye resulting especially in defective vision of distant objects
2 : a lack of foresight or discernment : a narrow view of something
m-w

And for Iran to say this is much more justifiable than than it was when Bush said it. After all, I don't see Iran, Iraq or N. Korea accusing the US of illegal weapons and coming over here and killing our people by the hundreds of thousands (or even by the tens of thousands for those who believe the official word on the dead in Iraq)...

And I would have to agree with Iran. The US, Britain and Israel are in cahoots with the purpose of taking over the Middle East. Not to bring democracy, not to settle differences and free the people, but for power-hungry, sinister and (what some might call) evil purposes.

What's the issue with this?

Originally posted by clearwater
Carts on planet earth were stalemated due to an excess in access to the axis of evils.

That was great!

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   
then, of course...there needs to be a weekly statement to keep the masses
which includes the Basij (also Bassij) all riled up....and ready to defend the
Islamic Revolution from the likes of 'The Great Satan', 'The little Satan'...(USA & Israel)

"Basij" reportedly number +11 million in Iran, possibly +3 million in an active status...on the homefront these members keep tabs on their local populations & turn in dissenters and the like....and when a crisis arises
or when a need to defend the Republic arises, they galvanize the tens of thousands who are declared Martyrs in waiting, to don either suicide vests or to march across minefields for the cause of the Islamic Republic.

Irans' President ascended out of this group to that political position

top topics

join