It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWE-The budding of an elite empire.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Guys, don't bash me here, but, please partake is a friendly exchage of ideas and observations on one of America's greatest living enigmas who is either:

1) Brilliant and on his way to the Elite, Corporate, Hall of Fame.

or

2) Gifted in Entertainment Genious and just lucky.

I'm talking about Vincent Kennedy McMahon, CEO of World Wrestling Entertainment.

I've been a longtime wrestling fan as I'm sure many of you are, but, after sitting at the computer on ATS WHILE watching Monday Night Raw, there were some related issues that occured to me.

1) This guy is RICH! He is catching up with Trump, Gates, Branson and Murdoch for sure. He completely plays the part of the Global Elitist as does his son, Shane-O-Mac and his daughter Stephanie.
2) He owns the trademark to n.W.o and New World Order from buying WCW and the franchise rights to it.

Don't worry, there's more...

3) John Layfield from Fox News IS JBL, Ultra-Consevative, so-to-the-right-he's-driving-off-the-road Republican, Wrestler/Commentator for Friday Night SmackDown. JBL, as a charachter/personality in WWE has gone so over the top in certain areas such as Mexican Illegal Immigrancy and other headline topics that get written into scripts. He does, in the show, represent the Elite Rich.
4) I keep seeing the WWE Champ Cena in more and more everyday things. Movies (The Marine, WWE Pictures), Commercials (Subway opposite Jarred) and, for the love of God, the News. He's been making appearances on local Fox morning news, WGN Morning News, the Today Show and umpteen Sports Channels. The guy's a Phenom to everybody. He IS my current favorite wrestler, mostly because he plays a good guy. But, as a Chicago-land resident, it was Cena on WGN Morning News that floored me. This was what got me thinking about the fingers of WWE spreading out.

So I tried to look at some other media featuring WWE. What do we have:

Movies:

The Marine-John Cena
See no Evil-Kane
Blade III-Triple-H
Waterboy-"The Big Show" Paul White
The Mummy II, III-The Rock (this includes The Scorpion King)
Walking Tall-The Rock
Doom-The Rock
Gridiron Gang-The Rock
Spiderman- "Macho Man" Randy Savage
They Live-"Rowdy" Roddy Piper
Rocky III-Hulk Hogan
Suburban Commando-Hulk Hogan
Jason X was financed by WWE Films

Music:

Rap-John Cena
Rap-Rey Mysterio Jr.
Rock-Chris Jericho
Rock-Insane Clown Posse (these guys wrestled for a while on WCW)

TV:
Smallville-Dave Batista
News-John Layfield
Ghost Hunters-C.M. Punk
The Biggest Loser-Stacy Kiebler
Subway Commercial-John Cena
Miller Lite Beer-Triple H (MAN LAWS!!!!)
ESPN Commercial-"Stone Cold" Steve Austin
GI Joe-Sgt. Slaughter
Surreal Life-Joan Lawler(Chyna)

There are more, I just can't think of more right now without losing track of what I'm thinking.

I'm just saying it seems that WWE is dipping it's hand in more and more mediums to broaden it's control over the Entertainment Industry. In it's endeavors, WWE and Big Vince are RAKING in the dough. Literally worth BILLIONS of Dollars.

I wonder why no-one has brought this up before, I did an ATS search and it's never been pondered here. I thought I'd bring it up.

Oh yeah, here's some "Factions" that have popped up in WWE:

The Four Horsemen
The nWo:New World Order, nWo:Wolf Pack
Evolution
De-Generation X

Anybody have any other features of WWE that I haven't listed here?

I AM a fan as is my 8-year-old Step-Daughter and we won't stop watching it and being entertained, but, I'll never watch it again without seeing Conspiracy Theory-related twinkles all over it.

Let's have fun with it, shall we?

Cuhail

edited to put more pizzazz in the title!

[edit on 1/14/2007 by Cuhail]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
First off this is a bizarre theory to say the least, but i will play along.

It was rumoured and several websites had stories on them that Hulk Hogan was the anti -Christ. Yep the Hulkster was the devil.

This came from when in WCW he was ther leader of a faction called the nWo (New World Order) and came out on the Jay Leno Show to tell the world he was running for the presidency of the USA.

If you do a google search some of those sites may still remain.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Did you know, that your profile Avatar IS the nWo Wolf Pack image that Vince owns? I have to assume so. Lo and Behold, the story is told every Monday, Tuesday and Friday of the year. It's all scripted on the outside, but, all the things they do inside the corporation are diverse. I keep looking for more stuff they have thier finger in.

I'm not at all claiming they are advocates for anything but their own profit margins, but, DAMN they got a lot of profit.

By the by, I would have voted for Hulk. Hollywood Hogan or other.

Damn, I forgot all about Jessie "The Body/Brain" Ventura. OLD Vince compadre.

Cuhail

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
THey get a lot of profit by screwing the guys that put their life on the line every night.

Once WCW was brought by Vince the wrestlers had their paydays cut dramatically. Why do you think Kurt Angle left for TNA. He is getting less cash but hell of a lot less work and travel.

Vince is not a part of any conspiracies, he is just a smart guy that has no morals what so ever. See the exploitation of Eddie Guerrero's death and the continuing of the show when Owen Hart died in the ring.

I have been a wrestling fan for over 20 years and there is not much i don't have some knowledge of.

VKM is not the anti-christ he is just a very naughty boy....

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Of course Vince isn't the Anti-christ. But, he plays one on TV!

Last night's RAW alone was sooooo full of metaphorical imagery. Did ya watch it?

Here's what I saw that COULD be interpreted conspiratorily. (Is that a word?)
When Vince came out to the ring he represented the Elite U.S.Government. Powerful and potentially evil. He proceeds to tell the audience that he tells THEM what to like, not the other way around. He then calls out Torrie Wilson, dressed as "Miss USA" representing the citizens of our fine country. Vince degrades and belittles Torrie while telling the audience HE knows exactly what they want from WWE (NWO).

Carlito, representing "The Little Guy" stands up to Vince and tells him, literally, "That's not cool" what he's doing to poor Torrie (the people) and so, in perfect form for the Elite, Vince calls out the BIGGEST WWE superstar to "quell the resistance", A 7-foot plus Arab named The Great Khali, who proceeds to smash the little guy into the mat.

Oddly similar to the world happenings today, by ATS/BTS points of view.

Now, I'm not saying that Vince is the Anti-Christ, but, I think he does write certain things into the script that point to a metaphorically accurate portrait of many NWO attributes. Now that I'm actually looking for it, it seems obvious that he is.

tkmelb, you watch it, right? Your a fan, just like me. Can't you see the metaphors? Keep an eye out on Friday SmackDown or ECW tonite. With the thought in your mind, I bet you see what I keep seeing.

By the way, look for John Cena, Ashley and Dave Batista on ABC's Exteme Makeover soon. It seems WWE is melting into everything these days.

Peace!
Cuhail

top topics

join