It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can gamecube games be played on the Wii ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I know I can just as easily go look on the net for this information but I am already here and feel this to be a more trusted avenue to answer my question.

I thought GameCube games can be played on the Wii but while we were browing new games to buy at the Exchange on base the sales rep told us she wasn't sure but was under the impression you can't. I was sure you can but wasn't gonna risk buying a game if it can't be played on my Wii (no return policy) and just figured she was trying to steer our sale to a Wii game.

So I just wanted to know if it might be that only some work or all or none ?

Cheers

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
im playing metroid prime on my wii right now so your answer is yes!

if u dont know u plug your gamecube controller into the top of the wii.the wii doesnt enhance anything but gamecube games are 100% backwards compatable. i dont think the ps3 or xbox360 can claim such.

peace

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
So you can only play them if you have a GameCube for use of the remote ? Will they work with a Wiimote ?

We don't have a GameCube but were interested in a Mario Bros. game and a few others but weren't sure if they would work.

Thanks elitegamer

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
u dont need a gamecube just go buy a controller. i would recommend the wavebird controller but i think it lacks the rumble feature. just buy the regular gcn controller and maybe an extension cord for it. if you want to save money buy a madcats controller or something , but i and alot of others wouldnt recommend this. there are so many awesome titles on the gamecube that its worth the 30 dollars to buy a nintendo made controller.

here are a few games u need to purchase. windwaker, resident evil 4 , super smash bros , and both metroids. dont worry there are many more awesome games for the gamecube , it depends on what u like.

peace

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
this is good info.

www.gadgetnutz.com...
lots of info there

5 games for 50$ total. neat link here...
www.thewiiexperience.com...

i agree with alot of the top picks. the gamecube has some awesome titles.
read this...
teenagefanboy.blogspot.com...

peace

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Thanks for your help elitegame, you rock!

Hubby and I will check those links out later today

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Yes, you can play GameCube games on the Wii. But, i haven't tried it yet.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
The Wii's hardware is nearly 100% the same as the gamecube, just clocked higher.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
A question:
What wins between a Gamecube and a four foot drop?

THE FLOOR!!!

I seem to have dissconected the controllers ports from the machine on the inside, No controller works in it now.

Damn my foot catching the controller wire.
Point is I now have to wait to get my Wii to play my gamecube games.
I was playing Zelda: Ocarina of time, Master Quest which is quite cool but now I can't.
I am so annoyed right now...

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   
you can get a mod chip for the wii and played backed up cube games

top topics

join