It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran and Venezuela partner against US domination

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
From ynet

Presidents Chavez, Ahmadinejad say ready to spend billions of dollars to finance projects in other countries to help thwart US domination. ‘We’ll underpin investments in countries whose governments are making efforts to liberate themselves from the (US) imperialist yoke,’ Venezuelan leader says

The anti-US Presidents whose efforts to extend their influence have alarmed Washington met Saturday in Venezuela’s capital, the first stop on Ahmadinejad’s tour of Latin America that will also see him visit newly elected leftist leaders in Nicaragua and Ecuador.

The oil-rich nations had previously announced plans for a joint USD 2 billion fund to finance investments in Venezuela and Iran, but Chavez and Ahmadinejad said Saturday that the money would also be used for projects in friendly third countries.

Note the article also says that this is Ahmadinejad's second to Venezuela in less than four months. I wouldn't be surprised if China is involved in this somehow. But hey, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Asia and the middle east have been watching the US play at will in their yards for years. Time to host a game in the west?

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   

The anti-US Presidents whose efforts to extend their influence have alarmed Washington

Have alarmed Washington... yeah right. Like Washington, the neo-cons, are affraid of Venezuela and Iran. What's this hype? I welcome any effort to stop US imperialism, because it's bad to have only one or two superpower, the superpower can do whatever they want, I say this now about the US and I will probably say it about China, unless they are kind, but that's impossible for a conventional superpower... It never happenned, YET.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I will use US because the US is no longer a people but a handfull of elites or less than 1% of the population. The people no longer have a say thus they are no longer part of the US, they are just sheep for the slaughter.
Venezuela and Iran allying is no suprise to me, actually I heard this about a year ago on the grape vine somewhere else. The two have something they can trade: oil and weapons. Weapons from China and Russia can now be sent to Venezuela should the US military try anything through direct or indirect tactics such as mercenaries or regulars. Venezuela is now a focal point for anti-imperialism in South America, the US CIA tried to stop Hugo Chavez with a coup de tat (100 generals is what they call it) that failed COMPLETELY because the military found out they were serving the CIA not Hugo, thus they changed sides.
Iran is the ONLY nation in the middle east now that is NOT part of the US imperialism plan. Also they are the ONLY ones who have refused to back down and actually have a military to back it up, hence if the military wants to attack it will be lots of bombardment for both sides. Also it helps to use Iran as an excuse to keep attention somewhere else once again.
China is the last superpower in the world that can easily wipe the USA OUT since they have been modernizing their army. They have brute numbers to simply overwhelm whatever gets in their way and now they are going to have technology to back it. Wars can be fought both physically and mentally or politically. The cold war was an example of political warfare, lots of arguing, pointing guns, but no warfare and open fighting. Pathetically China has a deathgrip on the USA through imports now, it would kill us more than them should they cut off imports for a few months. They are USED to being downtrodden and poor whereas the USA does not like being at the bottom of the bucket for income.
US imperialism vs Chinese imperialism that is what it comes down too behind closed doors, two imperials supporting different sides so as to keep the "ballance of power" for themselves and in hopes of offsetting the other without getting blamed. Our best bet is to still slash ALLLLLL imports from China and export NOTHING to them should we regain control or risk feeding the second largest imperialist power in the world. China is in this for themselves not the world, the US is in this for themselves (the less than 1%) and not for ANYONE else, and should you try and get part of the action: they kill you or turn you into the next boogyman on TV so they can kill you.
I leave out the EU (European Union) because they are beurocrats and are imperialist in Europe alone, nowhere else. Still you can see the problems this is causing in Europe, imperialism does not fly anywhere unless you have a HUGE army to back it and the bombs and missiles to carpetbomb cities out of existance should they not agree.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
From ynet

Presidents Chavez, Ahmadinejad say ready to spend billions of dollars to finance projects in other countries to help thwart US domination. ‘We’ll underpin investments in countries whose governments are making efforts to liberate themselves from the (US) imperialist yoke,’ Venezuelan leader says

The anti-US Presidents whose efforts to extend their influence have alarmed Washington met Saturday in Venezuela’s capital, the first stop on Ahmadinejad’s tour of Latin America that will also see him visit newly elected leftist leaders in Nicaragua and Ecuador.

The oil-rich nations had previously announced plans for a joint USD 2 billion fund to finance investments in Venezuela and Iran, but Chavez and Ahmadinejad said Saturday that the money would also be used for projects in friendly third countries.

Note the article also says that this is Ahmadinejad's second to Venezuela in less than four months. I wouldn't be surprised if China is involved in this somehow. But hey, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Asia and the middle east have been watching the US play at will in their yards for years. Time to host a game in the west?

This is fantastic news, eh comrade?

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by GT100FV

Cool. A one liner and personal attack all in 6 words. Where do you get such genius, GT? Just sit back and collect your accolades on that one. :shk:

Now, care to discuss the topic?

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Explain to me how this is good news. The tone with which you and others posted/responded were somewhat gleeful. I fail to see how this is a beneficial turn of events.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   

You took all of that space quoting that entire original post, to simply insult someone?

I see this as a good thing. If the US is going to start playing chess, then the "opponents" have every right to start setting up their side of the board as well, in this case. We're sending an extra aircraft carrier into the region, we make all these veiled threats? What are we expecting Iran to do? Bend over to the might of my country?

Everyone has a right to defend their status as a sovereign nation, and maintain an attitude that doesn't go along with the American attitude. It isn't like they are invading us

[edit on 1/14/07 by niteboy82]

[edit on 1/14/07 by niteboy82]

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Explain to me how this is good news. The tone with which you and others posted/responded were somewhat gleeful. I fail to see how this is a beneficial turn of events.

GT, please, press the reset button. Start over. At the top. Now read. Go to the source article. Read. K? Got it?

My tone is anything but gleeful, and what is giving you the impression that I am seeing this as good news?
And really, what does it matter whether it's good news? 90% of the news posted on this site is bad news anyway.

There's plenty of things to talk about surrounding this, and I have left it very open intentionally for just that: discussion. So give us some of that good insight you have, eh?

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
"But hey, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. "

Maybe I'm misinterpreting your tone here.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

"But hey, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. "

Maybe I'm misinterpreting your tone here.

You know something you're right.

This is indeed a possibly bad thing, with one side escalating the situation even further than it already has. It would more than likely be best for the US to tone down their rhetoric in order to prevent a further regional war than already occuring. They should just chill, and stick with the problems they already have.

Because "what's good for the goose is good for the gander," and if it is really worrying that this is going to get blown out of the water, than both sides should tone it down, not just one while the other continues to threaten.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

The glee that you see is down to the amount of oil that both Venezuela and Iran control.

Orinoco Tar Sands

List of oil fields

So this benefits any country who would prefer to get their oil from somewhere other than a US controlled source.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Exactly who is importing oil from US oil fields, and how is cheap oil hurting those that are importing it?

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Exactly who is importing oil from US oil fields?

No idea, would have to look that up, but the term I used was US "controlled" oil, which is not specifically US oil fields.

how is cheap oil hurting those that are importing it?

Sorry I don't follow the context of the question, could you elaborate please?

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
If this is about Oil the United States has enough reserves to last for a very long time. This is about nuclear arms. Nobody wants to blow another country up no matter what indecencies they've committed before.

They (Venezuela and Iran) are of course setting up their pieces in this so-called chess battle yet it is also a suspicious act towards the United States Government. Honestly I would love to see no war but it is what we have and better them get attacked than Nukes falling on my doorstep. I pray to god every night I hope he answers...

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by antmax21
If this is about Oil the United States has enough reserves to last for a very long time.

And what does "a very long time" equate to in terms of years. Consumption is only increasing it won't last long enough.

Its not just about oil, that is a finite commodity. This is to do with having a one world government in place before it runs out, its about control and conformity, and those that don't conform are seen as the enemy and are soon having big pointy figures directed at them followed by a hailing of "Terrorist". 21st century witch hunting.

This is about nuclear arms. Nobody wants to blow another country up no matter what indecencies they've committed before.

Whos blowing up who and why? Please elaborate.

They (Venezuela and Iran) are of course setting up their pieces in this so-called chess battle yet it is also a suspicious act towards the United States Government. Honestly I would love to see no war but it is what we have and better them get attacked than Nukes falling on my doorstep. I pray to god every night I hope he answers...

I really don't comprehend where you're coming from.

Are you implying that Venezuela and Iran are simply plaining on attacking the US with nukes.....

Just kidding...what are you implying?

[edit on 14-1-2007 by Cocker]

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
For defense of their own intentions. Would you standby and let someone walk on your land and do anything they'd like to? Unless they backdown to the US or find some dimplomacy and grounds of relations between eachother there will be some type of confrontation.

What this leads to can be a drop of some Nukes. Am I saying that Venezuela and Iran will attack without notice, lol, that is irrelevant because if they did then there wouldn't be a Iran or Venezuela after that...

Oh and to answer the question about Oil first off we are not even in the top 12 of oil imports proof that we have oil.

Crude Oil Imports

Secondly the reserves are on a decline but the oilshale is to last about 110 years has the stats on Wikipedia.

Oil Shale Reserves

It is off of Wiki..but they say to have gotten their stats from the Bureau of Land of Management.

[edit on 14-1-2007 by antmax21]

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   

For defense of their own intentions.

...and their intentions are what, to govern and control their own oil?

In this speculative scenario, you imply that they would have to physically defend their oil with the use of nuclear weapons from who and why. I assume you are not implying that the US would forcibly enter Venezuela and commandeer their oil fields...?

Unless they backdown to the US or find some diplomacy and grounds of relations between eachother there will be some type of confrontation.

What this leads to can be a drop of some Nukes. Am I saying that Venezuela and Iran will attack without notice, lol, that is irrelevant because if they did then there wouldn't be a Iran or Venezuela after that...

Your scenario lacks a decent plot, you jump too quickly to armageddon, what happens that actually makes one of these two press the button?

-

As I mentioned previously, oil is only a tool, this is to do with control.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Read the first thread THIS ISN'T ABOUT OIL anymore exactly it is about control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least you got that through your head. I believe the only thing that would make them even think about pressing those buttons is desperation, otherwise as an American you would know that we would not tolerate any nuclear proliferation in any of these countries.

And you are taking the quotes out of context for rebuttal in your own arguments.

And you know it.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Read the first thread THIS ISN'T ABOUT OIL anymore exactly it is about control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....and your explaination for it being about nukes is "For defense of their own intentions", I'm having problems getting this into my head as opposed to through my head. If you would explain the statement in small child like chunks that I might understand we may get through our communication barrier a little quicker and in turn quit the sniping.

And you are taking the quotes out of context for rebuttal in your own arguments.

And you know it.

Actually, I am highlighting the lack of detail in your reasoning for nukes being the explaination. Chavez clearly outlined his reasons, so please elaborate on the nukes statement.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I would say one reason Irans presedent is visiting Venezuela right now is to make sure it still has Venezuelas support for when Iran is attacked which cauld be soon. the Venezuela presedent did say before last yr he would help Iran in an event of attack maybe not milliatary but cutting off oil supplies or something.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join