It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey!! Are these orb photographs? Anybody?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I have seen threads reportedly showing orb's from which I gather are some sort of paranormal beings or ghosts.

I have not really researched this phenomenon as I have seen quite a few of these on photographs I have taken over the years, and I have just put them down to reflections of some kind.

I always like to remain sceptical but if this paranormal idea has any kind of truth behind it then I have been seeing these for years.

This (awful, lol) photograph was taken on my Kodak P880 digital camera whilst taking pictures of a herd of cattle on the 4th October 2006 at 13:01pm near the Eden Project at Luxulyan in Cornwall UK.

I would just like to hear some reaction from both sides of the fence, regarding Orbs so that I can make up my own mind on the matter.

Link to original full size image

Regards xSMOKING_GUNx.

[edit on 14-1-2007 by xSMOKING_GUNx]

[edit on 14-1-2007 by xSMOKING_GUNx]

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I've got another one here:

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Nobody seems to know anything then?

Oh well I will keep posting, here is the last one I have, I was trying to take a picture of a light aircraft, I missed it but I got these instead, you have to look in the top right corner although there is also a zoom picture and the third image has been enhanced for ease of viewing.

Regards xS_Gx

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
First one could be an orb, or dust or something else.

2nd post one is definatly a lens flare, 2 orbs are visible in a direct line to where there is a lightsource, makes it most definatly a lensflare.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
First one could be an orb, or dust or something else.

2nd post one is definatly a lens flare, 2 orbs are visible in a direct line to where there is a lightsource, makes it most definatly a lensflare.

Thanks for your input! They all look so similar I would have said that if one is then they are all (lens flares), but I would have loved them to be something more.

What do you see as differences to distinguish between orb and lens flare?

Thanks again and regards xS_Gx

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
If there is a light source at the edge of a picture and there are orbs in a direct line to it with different colors (usualy white/yellow/orange/red in that order with stages missing) they are lensflares.

The top one could be an orb, its is an odd possition to be a lensflare, but if its a only a part of the photograph, could be there is a lightsource and more lensflare based orbs elswhere in the image.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
The top one could be an orb, its is an odd possition to be a lensflare, but if its a only a part of the photograph, could be there is a lightsource and more lensflare based orbs elswhere in the image.

No the very first picture is a whole shot, the second is a zoom and crop, the third is a whole picture, the fourth is a zoom and crop, the fifth is a whole picture and the seventh and eigth are zoom and crop.

Thanks again for your guidance Regards xS_Gx

Quite suprised there is no one out there wanting to comment?

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
It does really look just like Lens flare from the sun I took a photo in a dark house myself and caught a strange Orb but since there was some light still coming from a window as it was a cloudy morning,It is not definite evidence.It was at least a normal camera not a night vision type.Those ones(night vision) always show dust as "Orbs". The one you got is out in bright sunshine so ya,likely the lens flare.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mistr_b2
It does really look just like Lens flare from the sun I took a photo in a dark house myself and caught a strange Orb but since there was some light still coming from a window as it was a cloudy morning,It is not definite evidence.It was at least a normal camera not a night vision type.Those ones(night vision) always show dust as "Orbs". The one you got is out in bright sunshine so ya,likely the lens flare.

Thanks for the input, and yeah I think most of these pictures that are claiming to be orb's are simply lense flares and dust particles, I dont think that I have captured anything special in these shots either, I just wanted confirmation of that realy.

I was hoping to get some people to try and convince me that orb's do exist, but I have to go with the majority who belive that they dont exist and that they are other photographic defects that people want to believe in.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I'm thinking these are a result of a combination of lens flare and dust particles.

Interesting pictures though.

I have seem some very cool orb photos though..you might want to try using google image search to check them out. If you'd like, I can send you a few interesting pictures that I've taken.

[edit on 1/20/2007 by JBurns]

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The thing with orbs is that they could be a number of different things ie.dust, small insects or light.
The best example I have seen is on film (ghost hunting program), no dust in the air at all but one orb that moved as the person asked it to, after they asked something to give a sign it appeared then dissapeared then they asked it to appear again and it did, it went then they asked it one more time to appear and it did again the it went and they left it alone.

They are interesting pics you have but it really could be anything...

new topics

top topics

join