It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Miracle' Boy Complicit in His Own Kidnapping

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Okay,
I want to take a shot at the big deflection item in the news right now. That 'miracle boy' that everyone is talking about, instead of the important stuff.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Shawn Hornbeck, who was 11 when he vanished in rural Missouri, smiled as his mother and stepfather, Craig Akers, told a news conference of their joy to have him home......

11 y/o runaway staying with some pizza guy. The kid wasn't hurt apparently.

Landlord Bill Romer said he met a boy - apparently Shawn Hornbeck - at the flat while visiting to fix a plumbing problem.

"As far as I knew, that was his son living with him. The kid's bedroom didn't even have curtains on the windows."

Another neighbour, Rick Butler, also assumed the pair were father and son, and recalled finding the teenager's mobile phone outside the flat one day.

"I didn't see or hear anything odd or unusual from the apartment," he said.

This kid was totally in on this situation. He had a mobile phone.

He was probably upset about his mom marrying some dude, and ran away.

So what is this story taking over? Possibly the Somali war being on the forfront of what could be considered a real religious war. Maybe new rift formed in our fovernment between the executive and legislative branches. Who knows what else.

[edit on 14-1-2007 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
You have to keep in mind how young 11 really is. You never know what he was told. It is not uncommon for children to become brainwashed in situations like this. the elizabeth smart case is a good example. SHe was stolen out of her bedroom in the middle of the night and when she was found she denied her identity and was only worried about the welfare of her kidnappers. Childrens minds are easily moulded, that is why they are so often targeted as victims.

Also, just because the details of the case havent come out yet, dont assume this boy wasnt traumatized. Grown men dont kidnapp little boys just to have them hang out and eat pizza.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Yeah, I have the same doubts about the elizabeth smart case sa well. I'm not saying it was right, but children make irrational decisions, and adults do as well. I find it very hard to believe that a kid who keeps a cell phone can't make 1 phone call.

I'll wait until more info is relesed, but for now, it looks like a runaway to me.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I'm starting to see your point, Raso.

I wonder if his lip was pierced before he was 'kidnapped'?

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Not only did he have a mobil phone, but he was allowed to drive the pizza dudes truck by himself.

There was also a case where the pizza guy got into a fight over his parking spot and the pizza man called the police even though the kid was right beside him. The kid just casually walked away.

There are also reports coming out now about him having a web blog where he taunts his parents .. something along the lines "are you still looking for your son?" .. sorry no links i took it out of todays paper.

Looks like a run away to me to.

Of course I always thought the Elizebeth Smart case was .. different as well. I personally think her dad was in on it for what ever reason!

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I beleive this is a classic case of Stockholm Syndrome. This sort of thing isnt unheard of.

top topics

join