It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Criss Angel actually levitate?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   
To those that believe Criss Angel is a true levitator observed with his arms stretched out in a Messianic style, or believe that he can literally walk on water – again in a Christ-like way. You probably believe that WWE wrestling is not-fake too. No one’s mind can be that simple to believe that all of these things actually happen – where we hear about fortune tellers winning billions of dollars in predicting actual lottery numbers – yea right – never happened!! To date, not one single person who claims to “see things” has ever magically and mysteriously picked the correct sequence of numbers to win anything significant. EVER! There is no line of people bankrupting state lotteries with all of these magical powers! OMG – were you a nerd and picked on in school?

Someone wrote that the swamis are just so generous and Jesus-like that they would never devoutly give away the secret-codes to winning things or really you know - helping people – strange that they’re not donating all of their airtime to charity or doing their show for free – forgoing pay to be the only soul on his or her show to make a charitable gesture while everyone else is raking in the dough. It is all entertainment folks. Unless you actually believe that somehow – historically and scientifically we’ve been able to circumvent gravity – where CNN, Headline News, Fox News or any news is interrupting any broadcast reporting live to say “WE – Can-Fly!” Its Entertainment folks! I hate to break it to you – let’s grow up. You can be different if you want though – that’s in the constitution – but there sure are a lot of nerds and corner geeks who are typical in being defiantly different “just-because.”

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SG_09
To those that believe Criss Angel is a true levitator observed with his arms stretched out in a Messianic style, or believe that he can literally walk on water – again in a Christ-like way. You probably believe that WWE wrestling is not-fake too. No one’s mind can be that simple to believe that all of these things actually happen There is no line of people bankrupting state lotteries with all of these magical powers! OMG – were you a nerd and picked on in school?

Its Entertainment folks! I hate to break it to you – let’s grow up. You can be different if you want though – that’s in the constitution – but there sure are a lot of nerds and corner geeks who are typical in being defiantly different “just-because.”
I find your post not only inflamatory but insulting to the general populace of ATS as a whole. If you can't make an argument without resorting to taunting with name calling you really do not belong here.

MODS?

[edit on 14-1-2007 by NephraTari]

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari

To those that believe Criss Angel is a true levitator observed with his arms stretched out in a Messianic style, or believe that he can literally walk on water – again in a Christ-like way. You probably believe that WWE wrestling is not-fake too. No one’s mind can be that simple to believe that all of these things actually happen There is no line of people bankrupting state lotteries with all of these magical powers! OMG – were you a nerd and picked on in school?

Its Entertainment folks! I hate to break it to you – let’s grow up. You can be different if you want though – that’s in the constitution – but there sure are a lot of nerds and corner geeks who are typical in being defiantly different “just-because.”
I find your post not only inflamatory but insulting to the general populace of ATS as a whole. If you can't make an argument without resorting to taunting with name calling you really do not belong here.

MODS?

[edit on 14-1-2007 by NephraTari]
Well said.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
You could have posted this in this current thread about Criss Angel, although I agree that he is just a mere man that can do tricks, you really need to learn ATS etiquette...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Interesting - it affected you (hurt your feelings)...my my very sensative. It's okay my sister use to act the same way...

See folks these are some of the examples that speak of "exactly" what we're talking about... It always seems like the ones that straggle that end up sending me "God-complex email or comments like that..." Who are they - they seek asylum in requesting a mod - you may not be aware but this is a forum - and I truly am sorry if I deeply hurt your feelings. Don't read my posts. My comments were about "Criss Angel." They're my comments and the forum guidelines allow it - censorship would make this venue not credible. I appreciate the fact that we can actually do this - aren't you? Did you want me to kiss you with kind words? Perhaps you should consider transfering to the Disney forums down the street. My post is how I feel - like it or not? Please read the guidelines that were set forth when you first signed up. You're in a forum - it's going to be okay...

=)

S

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by chris01621
You could have posted this in this current thread about Criss Angel, although I agree that he is just a mere man that can do tricks, you really need to learn ATS etiquette...

Thank you for your concerns...

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
SG, I agree with you, i am tired of the whiny babies on this site who cry for a mod every time you disagree with them.

It is our right to free thought and speech brother
, and if anybody doesn't like it, please don't read the post or respond.

[edit on 14-1-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   

My comments were about "Criss Angel." They're my comments and the forum guidelines allow it - censorship would make this venue not credible.

I don't believe your comments were about Criss Angel.

To those that believe Criss Angel is a true levitator observed with his arms stretched out in a Messianic style, or believe that he can literally walk on water – again in a Christ-like way. You probably believe that WWE wrestling is not-fake too. No one’s mind can be that simple to believe that all of these things actually happen

It says "To those who believe"; then goes on to call believers simple minded.

To me your initial post reads as an attack on those who believe in the paranormal. Don't pretend that you weren't trying to insult people, because calling people simple minded is generally meant as an insult.

I'm not insulted, that's not to easy to do. In fact I believe that Criss Angel is nothing more than a talented stage magician.

Vas

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Simple answer to everyone's problems:

This topic has nothing to do with the paranormal.

Criss Angel is a MAGICIAN. He CANNOT levitate. It is simply an illusion. Same craze went around when Blaine first came out. I could do the same trick Blaine did long before his TV specials came on, it was called the Balducci Levitation. Look it up

Criss Angel's technique is slightly more advanced than that, but i can assure you it is just another trick. You can buy set-ups that create the same effect, so i'm sure all he has done is used one of those and modified it... plus payed some people to act more shocked than they really were.

Simple as that.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by chris01621

Indeed.
That being said this thread is now closed. Further discussion can take place on the ongoing thread linked to above.

I'll also take this opportunity to post these links for our new members to review.
Courtesy Is Mandatory
IMPORTANT: ATS Rules, Guidelines, Etiquette, and more...
No more scoffing and ridicule...

new topics

top topics

join