It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist Sites / Opinions

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Hi all,

Racism cames from lack of unity between people.
People these days have to much pride and some even stick to there own nationalitys in big massive communitys when they should be around differant types of people, where you are able to mix the races, but its up to the individual to make those changes.
I see it alot here in Australia, theres a suburb for nearly every race, but they cause alot of porblems for themselves, like gang violence and family disbutes with local people. It causes way more problems than solutions.
I suggest that people should live together, i know its hard but at the same time it will be easy on you and your family!
We need to unite, if that doesnt happen then we are doomed

I also agree that it is passed down from the perants, also i believe that the Media has a huge roll to play in racism.

PRIDE MUST BE PUT BEHIND!!

Saalam

Guerilla

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 06:59 PM
link   
What the hell glan...that was an EXAMPLE! I am white too, and I am not racist against anyone, oh the contrary. I have an uncle and used to have a grandfather who was from Africa. I simply used that as an example! It even said "For Example"

Read a little better next time.

But, yes, my personal opinions that might create racism would either be growing up in a racist family / community, or out of mis-interpretation. Someone might something that the other person takes as racism, and it just grows bigger from there. Unfortunate, but it happens - we're human, after all.

Guerilla has a point - Pride can be good, but when put to extremes...it can be fatal. TC..finding everyone intolerable? Sounds a little lonely to me.

-wD

[Edited on 13-12-2003 by WeBDeviL]

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Why are people racist?

Guess it's caused mainly by ignorance. People are dragging old mentalities. My father is racist. I'm not. I can't really blame him. I can blame him for being ignorant tho. But he was raised this way. I choose not to let his racist comment affect how I think.

People with old mentalities still have this feeling of...competition? (for lack of a better word) (edit: must be some feeling of appartenance, that's okay, but don't let the pride drive you on some ego trip). They give importance to the color of skin. Why? Don't know.

Why can't they see past this, and see that inside we're all human, we're all alike and we're all brother. What is blocking them to see that? Old mentalities. Probably imposed on 'em while they were raised and educated.

I think it could be a fairly good topic, if it weren't for users & mods bashing each others. I didn't see the original link, but I don't think WebDevil was aiming at anyone in particular. And PrankMonkey, may I just say the seeing a mod tell a user to "STFU" makes the staff kinda look like low-life bum, hooked on power-trip?
Can you please just try to behave and give the example? Thanks. I understand that this topic probably grinded some nerve, or concern you at a personnal level, but there's nicers ways to say things.

[Edited on 13-12-2003 by m0rbid]

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Its true it does happen but i believe that we are the people and the workers and we can stop anything we want.
Thats if we wernt so lazy

Saalam

Guerilla

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
What the hell glan...that was an EXAMPLE! I am white too, and I am not racist against anyone, oh the contrary. I have an uncle and used to have a grandfather who was from Africa. I simply used that as an example! It even said "For Example"

Read a little better next time.

But, yes, my personal opinions that might create racism would either be growing up in a racist family / community, or out of mis-interpretation. Someone might something that the other person takes as racism, and it just grows bigger from there. Unfortunate, but it happens - we're human, after all.

Guerilla has a point - Pride can be good, but when put to extremes...it can be fatal. TC..finding everyone intolerable? Sounds a little lonely to me.

-wD

[Edited on 13-12-2003 by WeBDeviL]

I read it just fine, just next time use a better example.......Maybe....well I"m not going to go there just because that will open up another can of worms. I'm just sick of people always using white people as the "Example" Get my point

P.S.
I agree with you about TC

[Edited on 13-12-2003 by glan]

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Well, sure, but that was just an example, I could have picked anything. I was just thinking of a show I saw a couple nights back. It was nothing personal. I am German / Irish with a 'black' uncle...

^^ Racist? I think not ^^

-wD

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Well, sure, but that was just an example, I could have picked anything. I was just thinking of a show I saw a couple nights back. It was nothing personal. I am German / Irish with a 'black' uncle...

^^ Racist? I think not ^^

-wD

Web, My post was nothing personal against you. If y ou thought that I'm sorry, but it was not. I'm just tired of people using white people for an example. You know what I mean?

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Alright, yeah..it is kinda annoying that usually it is white vs black for racist examples...anyways, no need to be sorry lol..

-wD

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Hey, guys, don't feel for me, I find comfort in that I am quite alright even though the rest of you guys in the world are quite fouled up.
I'd try and help you out but I find you all to be too narrow minded and ignorant.

While it is true that it si lonely at the top, comfort can be found by looking down at the rest and being glad that one is not there!

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I believe in this:

"O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other. Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well-acquainted. (The Noble Quran, 49:13)"

None could have said it any better

Saalam

Guerilla

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Not to turn this into a religious fiasco..but..on that note Guerilla, I don't see why we are so hung up in God, Allah, Buddha, etc etc..in the end..aren't they all a 'God'? And until now, I didn't know that the Quran taught that mankind was created by a single male and a single female (like Adam and Eve)..wow...so similiar..

Thanks for enlightening me

-wD

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 07:35 PM
link   
No. They are not all God. God made that perfectly clear.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
No. They are not all God. God made that perfectly clear.

You see? I get tired of being the one that has to set everyone straight. Will someone else rise to the occasion so that I might retire? I grow weary of you mere mortals.

Jadg, where are you?

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Hey, guys, don't feel for me, I find comfort in that I am quite alright even though the rest of you guys in the world are quite fouled up.
I'd try and help you out but I find you all to be too narrow minded and ignorant.

While it is true that it si lonely at the top, comfort can be found by looking down at the rest and being glad that one is not there!

DAMN TC you should look into gaining a seat in the HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   
What, and be forced into dealing with the worst of the worst on a daily basis, working with politicians?!? Not on a bet or a dare. I have more respect for myself!

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 08:58 PM
link   
In terms of "which race is the most racist" I too thaink "white" people have been beaten about the heard with it for a long time.

Some of the worst races for racism that I have encountered are Asian!! Take Japanese, in their own culture, Chinese and Koreans. Those people are amazing in the racism they espouse. We don't hear it in the west as its all internal, but its certianly there, alive and kicking, in their politics.

Xenophobia comes from living in a tight homogenous society and naturally thinking that society is better than all other societies.

I even remember reading about African tribes who thought that they were the best and everyone else were inferior.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 09:35 PM
link   
TC, yes they are all God. God is just a word that we use to describe the infinite, supreme power that created and gave life to everything. If you study the different faiths of the world with an open mind, you cannot help but see the similarities that exist at the root of every belief. They each reflect the same Truth that you find in the Bible. It does not matter what name you call God. It only matters that you believe in your heart that God is there.

As for the racist issue, the saddest part of the whole thing, is that if we would stop trying to claim that one race is superior to another, we would be able to see the beauty in our differences. We should be coming together as humans, and trying to learn from each other, not judging others as inferior for being unlike us. We all have something to offer mankind and we each have something that can be learned from all the rest of mankind. Why is it so difficult to love others as ourselves? Why can so many people only love others like themselves, and not everyone? Why must humans see differences as frightening or repulsive, instead of exciting and beautiful? This, I believe, is our greatest failure as a species which was supposed to have been endowed with the infinite spirit of God.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jezebel
TC, yes they are all God. God is just a word that we use to describe the infinite, supreme power that created and gave life to everything. If you study the different faiths of the world with an open mind, you cannot help but see the similarities that exist at the root of every belief. They each reflect the same Truth that you find in the Bible. It does not matter what name you call God. It only matters that you believe in your heart that God is there.

As for the racist issue, the saddest part of the whole thing, is that if we would stop trying to claim that one race is superior to another, we would be able to see the beauty in our differences. We should be coming together as humans, and trying to learn from each other, not judging others as inferior for being unlike us. We all have something to offer mankind and we each have something that can be learned from all the rest of mankind. Why is it so difficult to love others as ourselves? Why can so many people only love others like themselves, and not everyone? Why must humans see differences as frightening or repulsive, instead of exciting and beautiful? This, I believe, is our greatest failure as a species which was supposed to have been endowed with the infinite spirit of God.

This may sound stupid, but here goes. I can't tell you how happy that makes me hearing that from you. There was a post where somone judged me by my picture on ATS, and I have to admit in my heart I judged you the same way by your picture/name, and I'm sorry.

This is the kind of BULLSH*T WE deal with all day. We all go through it. WE AS A PEOPLE.

WE/THEY/WHOEVER
IS NOT A GOD, AND NEVER WILL BE

There is ONE ...UNO...1...GOD, AND THERE WILL ONLY BE ONE.

HE IS THE ALPHA AND OMEGA, THE BEGGINING AND THE END, THE FIRST AND THE LAST.........................HE IS GOD. WHY CAN'T MANKIND ACCEPT IT.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 09:52 PM
link   
~I think that racism comes from the lack of unity between different peoples and the difference in religious beliefs. My two cents.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by glan
This may sound stupid, but here goes. I can't tell you how happy that makes me hearing that from you. There was a post where somone judged me by my picture on ATS, and I have to admit in my heart I judged you the same way by your picture/name, and I'm sorry.

Apology accepted, but I have to admit that I am dying of curiosity to know what you judged me to be. If you are not comfortable telling me, I understand, but don't be afraid of offending me. It takes a hell of a lot to do that

As for the rest of your post, I completely agree.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join